The Only Build I'd Take HC :-)

"
innervation wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAE8EQ8gpi6i5cU1boJtuDFKaz6dV34ZDY3wOgDBo8q9sPO8LYRhdxq6t8cT2DF_AZnKpHKesqvcyU6VZ8-oYfNmfPnIP-Ost0maeu-0Ucbcxkc4OPIx2OlKePDJ-KU_kIhps98E8LYPMtz5Bh_noaHTaYhhWg1-Cxyj6V8kNfOq6N4Om6yymNAo3ZrQMytO-ipMnf8bBxewYLL8V14auVmOhL5ZsVw3SIWoeHOfyL57NpzCfy2o7Gj5fP_ZIxFjxrCku-tIXL2TnVdaApGwLIvRtGRFQNbmnKx1P2VsbJUuu6QLfipRvZlR99X5Z

Here you go - 9.6% ES regen per second, increasing to 17.6% on consecrated ground if that works like I think it does. It addresses ele status and stun issues. Still not a ton of offense, and you have to earn your endurance charges but... I think it's better than the starting point. :)

I think this strongly builds around incandescent's AR and ES. It's got a lot more %ES in the tree, and it's 172% armour. Also I think it's crazy to nitpick that you're not using the small 10% ele nodes. You're getting 90% damage and 45% attack speed on conc ground.

I'm not nitpicking over the 50% avoidance, I'm pointing out that you'd already be nearby for CI itself, so it doesn't really matter to get them.

Aside from the aforementioned issues with Templar for this, there's also the fact that you dropped a ton of elly res and lost the +1 to cold and lightning. Plus, you've lost all Evasion if you wanted to run any, because Unwavering Stance. There's a lot of downsides to your tree, and the only upside is the damage and full immunity to ailments...but ONLY while on consecrated ground, making it so we can't move without being at risk and losing a bunch of damage.

It's just inferior, man. So many downsides, and the only upsides are tied to first generating the ground, and then staying there without moving.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Actually, I'd be hitting 81% max res, plus the 8% reduced elly damage at max charges, plus 25% of all the elly damage I would take being made into chaos, so basically 25% negated, so...
Yeah, my resists ARE like 90% or higher, if you sort out all that math, yeah.

Overall, if this insane build hit 5k ES, with all the phys and elemental reductions, plus the 25% conversion to chaos, you'd be the equivalent of maybe a 15K es person with regular resists and a bunch of evasion, cuz armor's not on the left side of the tree. The downside is of course having to weapon swap to get Fortify, but it could be done, or you could simply ditch fortify and get a different node for your 8 points.

So no, contrary to what somehow seems popular belief, the giant ES pool alone isn't all that determines your tankiness. I'd be reducing all damage taken by, let's say 90%, after all the modifiers get sorted out....I take 10% of all damage, most CIs take 25% elly and almost all the phys. See the difference now? And that's assuming 90 is where I'd hit after the modifiers sort out, it could be a bit higher, around 95%. Anyone want to sort out how much elemental reduction is actually reached for me? I'm not THAT good at math.

Your math is bad and you should feel bad. 8% reduced elemental damage at max charges is multiplicative, not additive to your max resists (if it were additive then everyone in hardcore would run it...). In total, you'd have an effective elemental damage incoming of .19*.92*.75 = .1311. In other words, your effective resistance will be just under 87%. That's less than 50% elemental damage reduction compared to ordinary capped resists, so your effective ES becomes, counting only elemental damage, less than double the ES of someone running regular caps. And that's excluding the fact that most hardcore characters run purities _anyway_. And getting over 10k ES is easy... for someone who actually runs a lot of ES gear. Which you need to do in order to be tanky with an ES build.

Seriously, this build isn't just bad in general, it's even bad for the explicit purpose you set forth.
Last edited by codetaku on May 28, 2016, 11:53:00 AM
One of the biggest reasons high ES Ci builds are so tanky is because of how ineffective armor is at reducing physical damage. The bow is an ok Idea as it's great physical mitigation but the heart probably isn't worth it vs physical or even elemental damage. The game in it's current state is more about mitigation of physical damage I would just stick with that type of mitigation. In that case just a regular high ES chest piece is going to be better.

You did give me a decent idea for running lab as CI though switching to that bow probably reduces physical trap damage more then any other weapon / shield set up I can think of.
mjolnir guardian tanks dual t15 bosses and kills them solo so why you want to settle for less

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY9xIfrfNHs&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmaQisR1Uvw

amazing build only % shit in lab could kill it never played such a safe char before
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
8% reduced ele dmg taken is additive with Fortify.

"
Seriously, this build isn't just bad in general, it's even bad for the explicit purpose you set forth.

I think Theorycrafting a Darkscorn/Incandescent Heart CI build is definitely a good thing to try though. I agree it probably won't turn out well, but I still think it's worth trying. If you could get it to work, it would be awesome.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on May 28, 2016, 7:22:22 PM
"

Your math is bad and you should feel bad. 8% reduced elemental damage at max charges is multiplicative, not additive to your max resists (if it were additive then everyone in hardcore would run it...). In total, you'd have an effective elemental damage incoming of .19*.92*.75 = .1311. In other words, your effective resistance will be just under 87%. That's less than 50% elemental damage reduction compared to ordinary capped resists, so your effective ES becomes, counting only elemental damage, less than double the ES of someone running regular caps. And that's excluding the fact that most hardcore characters run purities _anyway_. And getting over 10k ES is easy... for someone who actually runs a lot of ES gear. Which you need to do in order to be tanky with an ES build.

Very mature. Because of course everyone should know offhand the exact interaction of the odd combination of the Juggernaut's ascendancy points and purities, of course. Also, you didn't say a word about Incandescent Heart, so that's NOT in your math.... And did you even get into the 10% increased effect?

So, I, who SAID I was unsure of the math, was indeed incorrect. Unspuprising, as I did say I was unsure of it. YOU, however, forget the chest piece and the 10% effect, while trying to insult me for no reason.

I specifically SAID this was a silly, theory craft build that I NEVER INTENDED to make real. It was just a silly thought I thought I would share to amuse the forum goers. Instead nobody pays attention to the disclaimer and assumes I mean this to be an ACTUAL, VIABLE BUILD.

I DO NOT.

It's JUST a silly theory craft about how tanky you could really get by combining CI and Juggernaut. RE-EFFING-LAX people!

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Also, you didn't say a word about Incandescent Heart, so that's NOT in your math....

Incandescent heart is in the maths - it's the *.75 in the calculation.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Also, you didn't say a word about Incandescent Heart, so that's NOT in your math....

So you're telling me that if I hit 84% resistances with the purites and the passive tree, that the extra 25% reduction ON top, PLUS another 8% reduction....is actually 3%? That doesn't make a lot of sense, TBH. Especially with heart's weird scaling version thingy that the wiki details.

Also, shouldn't the 25% apply BEFORE anything else? It's not actually a reduction, after all, it's a conversion, to a damage we are immune to, in this case.

Regardless...This would hit, assuming the jerk's math is correct, 87%...And most hit 75%. So net gain of 12%. In addition to CI and good phys reduction, plus the option for a good length Immortal Call with the charges...This still seems to be the tankiest build ever designed. Is there a way I missed, to reach HIGHER reductions?

Aside from heart and darkscorn, with their oddities...This simply sits, at base, at at least 84% elemental res, 100% chaos, and how much phys, IDEK, with a 2k armor chest, the 6 charges, and maybe fortify if you use a weapon swap for it, along with inc fortify effect. That's a lot of reductions, and a lot of life regen for Zealot's Oath, and then whatever you can get from Ghost Reaver....

You may not like my silly though, but....Can you make a tankier build?

To the jerk: Do better then. Make something with better reductions, because that was this sill theory craft was about. Go ahead and DO BETTER.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

So you're telling me that if I hit 84% resistances with the purites and the passive tree, that the extra 25% reduction ON top, PLUS another 8% reduction....is actually 3%? That doesn't make a lot of sense, TBH. Especially with heart's weird scaling version thingy that the wiki details.

The Heart's weird scaling version thingy is just them trying to do the maths for people who don't have CI. It's not extra scaling on top of the 25% reduction if you have CI.

How do you get 84% resistances? HikaruYami assumed you were getting 81%. If you get 84% then the maths would be:

0.16*0.92*0.75 = 11.04 => 89% reduction approx. It would be over 90% if you include Fortify.
76% from the regular 75% and the +1%. Corrupted L21 Purities of Fire, Ice, and Lightning in an Alpha's Howl adds 2 levels, meaning they give +5% max, making it go from 76% to 81%. Then 22% increased Aura effect, with the option to safely get 57% with a few small changes. So the max res gets buffed by 22%, adding another % to get it to 82%, if you don't add any extra effect. With 57% effect increase, that'd instead add 2.85, which AFAIK will be rounded to 3%, making it 84%.

So 84% is the maximum possible. Not counting the other, non-purity factors. Especially as you can't get any extra max res out of the purities even if you can add more levels or quality.

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info