Theorycrafting For 2.3 (Help My Build)

So, with the changes to Juggernaut (mainly Unrelenting), and Ele Prolif, I'm thinking of trying out a seft cast burning discharge prolif type guy. Just looking mostly for some tree advice / optimisation.

I'm building for around lvl 90, I don't think I can work Vaal Pact in so I suspect I'll be pretty vulnerable to Reflect.

Ascendancy: Juggernaut, with Unflinching, Unrelenting, Unbreakable, and Unstoppable.

The uniques I'm considering are The Searing Touch, Kaom's Heart, and Windscream.

The Links I'll be using are:

Staff: Discharge - Fire Penetration - Chance to Ignite - Increased Burning Damage - Elemental Proliferation - Life Leech

Helmet: Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark - Flammability - Flame Golem

Gloves: Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Molten Shell

Boots: Leap Slam - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Enduring Cry

Bandit's: Life, Passive, Endurance Charge

Tree:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on May 27, 2016, 5:54:05 PM
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 9:50:33 PM
Hey I'm gonna do the same build to start Prophecy, so I'd be happy to brainstorm with you. Let me say upfront that I've never used Discharge or Elemental Proliferation before, so I could be off base on a few, some, or all of what I say. I also don't plan on this being my main character - it's just for easy, casual map farming, so I'm not planning on ever doing Atziri or End Game Lab or anything, which will probably be responsible for our different choices.

Tree

So our trees are pretty similar. I don't want to pay for Windscreams on day 2, so I have Whispers in my tree, depending on how the character goes I can always pivot into Explosive Impact like you have.

Perhaps our weapons won't deal enough damage, but I was going to run an Endurance charge on Melee stun gem in the Leap Slam link and see if I could sustain charges that way (at least for dried lake and T1-T4 maps). If not I'll have to adjust.

I was also going to run Iron Will or Increased AoE instead of Elemental Proliferation...don't we have like 90% ignite chance with our set up? A couple jewels can put that at 95% so I'm guessing you're planning on running that for the map mod?

I don't think it's worth trying to work in Vaal Pact. For one we (or at least my) build has 6.3% life regen. That's a nice amount that I'm not sure Vaal Pact is worth off-setting. The other reason being it's waaaaay out of the way. I think this build is going to be very good at what it does. I'd like to focus on it's strengths and admit the weaknesses rather than try to cover them all. I have other characters planned with far fewer weaknesses for harder content :P

I have a 6L searing touch and a kaoms waiting for this character when it rolls back to standard 3.1 months from now, so I'm not going to worry about buying those in Prophecy either, but yes those are both natural for this build.

Last edited by innervation on May 27, 2016, 8:39:05 PM
lol yeah this is mostly going to be a just for fun build, no atziri or anything, just up to red maps is as far as I think I could go with it :P.

I thought about doing the same with endurance charge on melee stun, it could work, as you only really need one proc for full endurance charges, my concern was for single target bosses, but it might not be too bad if your Unflinching procs, I just opted for Enduring Cry for reliability.

Yes Iron Will, or Increased AoE seem like they would be an excellent choices, I just wanted to do Elemental Proliferation because the radius is getting slightly buffed and if you happen to do a boss with adds I believe the proliferated Ignites stack and that can add up so some massive degen damage, I may carry a Concentrated Effect though just for troublesome single target bosses. Yeah Vaal Pact is just way too far to work in I agree, I will have roughly 4% leech with some increased leech rate plus Fortify, so as long as I prepot into it I think I'll be alright.

Last edited by XSyntheticX on May 27, 2016, 9:53:06 PM
I saw your tree and it's kinda ok, but I highly recommend you take resolute technique with this build IF you want to do reflect map. So dmg wont instant grib you if you happen to crit with discharge.

About main skill, I suggest remove life leech for increased aoe effect instead. Remember that proliferation gem's radius also get effected by inc. aoe gem as well. You still have leech from warlord's mark, but your clear speed should be slightly higher.

One more thing, I suggest you remove immortal call for setup. This is from my experience that immortal call consumed endurance charge before I cast my discharge, so I deal zero damage. If you want to use this setup, keep cwdt level high enough so it doesn't cast pointlessly.
"
build8991 wrote:
I saw your tree and it's kinda ok, but I highly recommend you take resolute technique with this build IF you want to do reflect map. So dmg wont instant grib you if you happen to crit with discharge.

About main skill, I suggest remove life leech for increased aoe effect instead. Remember that proliferation gem's radius also get effected by inc. aoe gem as well. You still have leech from warlord's mark, but your clear speed should be slightly higher.

One more thing, I suggest you remove immortal call for setup. This is from my experience that immortal call consumed endurance charge before I cast my discharge, so I deal zero damage. If you want to use this setup, keep cwdt level high enough so it doesn't cast pointlessly.

Thank you for the advice sir, I will consider taking RT and dropping Life Leech, with RT the 2% from warlords it may be enough to survive reflect packs, as far as the map mod, I would just roll over it lol so that may not even be necessary :P.

Yeah I was going to use lvl 20 Cwdt and IC for this so the chance of my charges being removed before discharge will be lower, and the chance I will be at full endurance charges when being hit before it procs would be higher also.

Last edited by XSyntheticX on May 27, 2016, 9:38:31 PM
"
XSyntheticX wrote:

Yeah I was going to use lvl 20 Cwdt and IC for this so the chance of my charges being removed before discharge will be lower, and the chance I will be at full endurance charges when being hit before it procs would be higher also.

I thought the IC was the most clever part of the setup actually. Intuitively you'd think what build 8891 said, but if you're getting hit enough to proc a high level IC, you're probably getting hit enough to proc Unflinching and get them right back again. Fortunately this is something that is very flexible - if we don't like the way it's working for us in game, we can just stop using it without having it ruin the build/character or needing any regrets to fix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info