Clicking Rarely works (Please help)

For the past few days (Just Recently!) I've been regularly experiencing that in-game I can't seem to click things.
Some general errors are as follows:

1. Holding CTRL+Left Mouse to transfer between inventories causes my computer to beep and lag instead of actually performing the intended result (Similarly to sticky keys, which is disabled and has not been messed with in a very long time)
The problem seems to be solved if I independently click CTRL + Left mouse for each item, which was never necessary last week.

2. ALT+ Left Mouse takes anywhere from the normal amount of clicks to up to ~7 clicks to successfully pick up an item while in a map (My Fps, frame time, and latency do not seem to line up with these errors)
What tends to happen is when I highlight click an item to loot it, I walk over to it and just stand above it without actually looting it. Continuously clicking the item doesn't seem to work, neither does moving away and coming back to it again.

While these issues are in effect I am still able to use keyboard shortcuts, freely move with left mouse click, attack and cast spells. This problem seems to only exist while in Path of Exile, and does not exist outside of games or in other games. The problem seems to be that specifically in this game, modifying (alt/ctrl clicking) seems to not work properly, anyone have a clue what's going on?
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 1:27:02 AM
Sounds like there are drivers or software interfering with the mouse actions.

Do you have anything installed macro style or custom driver configuration that COULD interfere?
"
Drakier wrote:
Sounds like there are drivers or software interfering with the mouse actions.

Do you have anything installed macro style or custom driver configuration that COULD interfere?

My PC's background programs are completely vanilla, I have never looked into macros/pc boost/pc adapting software or hardware let alone in the past few days when I experienced this dramatic change.

TL;DR: as far as I know my pc runs the exact same way a new pc would run, with the addition of some natural wear and tear.
Are you experiencing clicking issues in anything other than Path of Exile?

Have you tried removing the skill gem bound to the left mouse button?
"
Drakier wrote:
Are you experiencing clicking issues in anything other than Path of Exile?

Have you tried removing the skill gem bound to the left mouse button?

I already mentioned that this is Path of Exile specific! and my left mouse button is move only, and it doesn't make sense for that to have an effect on transferring between inventories
ATI HotKey Poller, and any mouse software should be disabled. Then check to make sure your mouse settings or accessibility options from the control panel aren't forcing pauses. Also keyboard software/settings needs to be disabled and checked (if holding control or alt did something maybe).

Do you think the window is losing focus? Like you have a pop-up alert in the background that expects you to OK? It's a Windows beep through the speakers I'm assuming, or does it sound like a tinny beep/chirp from a tiny speaker inside the computer case?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info