Is the Malediction ascendancy node not meant to stack?

The Chaos damage bonus dosen't stack... it only applies the one buff and that's it.

Seems pretty lame, even triple cursed enemies give you a grand total of... 12% damage added as chaos. Half a herald of ash... that isn't even permanent... assuming you built around multi-cursing...

Even if it isn't meant to stack, the wording should be more clear.

"
When you Kill an Enemy, for each Curse on that Enemy, gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage for 4 seconds
uses the exact same wording for all other passives that stack
Last edited by H4xolotl on May 27, 2016, 6:55:36 AM
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 8:50:28 AM
I had assumed it was supposed to stack, seems kinda terrible if it doesn't...

I mean, yeah, it's extra Chaos Damage which is nice but 8-12% damage is... really not much at all.

Then again, killing a group of 15 enemies for 120% Bonus Chaos Damage might be a bit much...
It should probably be worded with "recently", yes.
It is still strong, the same class also offers reduced enemy chaos resistance and extra curses, so if you don't deal chaos damage normally, it's essentially a (4%*curses) more damage multiplier.
Really lacks a phys. single target spell to let it shine, though.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"uses the exact same wording for all other passives that stack"
Except, it doesn't. Stacking wording is 'For each X' - Malediction is worded 'When X'.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"uses the exact same wording for all other passives that stack"
Except, it doesn't. Stacking wording is 'For each X' - Malediction is worded 'When X'.

"When you" passives usually give immediate bonuses. The ones that do give a bonus over time usually give named bonuses (eg: Onslaught), which obviously won't stack. There aren't any others which give a generic bonus over time.

The only 'When you' bonus I can think of that does give a non-named benefit over time is Headhunter/inspired learning (eg: When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain its mods for 20 seconds.), which does stack.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info