Why nerf droprates on top tier uniques??

The droprates were already low before Perandus. Perandus finally gave casuals the opportunity to get their hands on top tier uniques. Now that Perandus will be gone they will be super rare again and GGG decides to even make them rarer than before?? Why??
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 4:53:04 PM
True. Have no idea why GGG wants to make the game even more "time consuming" for their customers. Guess GGG thinks this way is more "hardcore" and cool.

Perhaps it's just personal taste, but IMO a big fun part of the game is the diversity of builds (thanks to the design of the passive tree and link gem system), not the brainless MF grinding process.
They buffed unique drop rates to 3-4 times of their normal amount.

Now they're toning down the best uniques' drop rates.

"
Chris wrote:
Previously we made all tier 3 and 4 uniques four times more common. We're keeping the tier 3 ones where they are and tweaking the tier 4 ones a bit. It's not a huge change.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 27, 2016, 6:12:05 AM
GGG PLZ LISTEN TO UR CUSTOMERS AND HAVE VENDOR SELL EACH UNIQUE FOR 1C ELSE MANY PEOPLE LEAVE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still much higher drop rate than the start of 2.0 (awakening), if I remember correct they increased x4 the drop rate during Tempest/Warband.
In my opinion it is nice to have some rare item, shavs will go for 6ex instead of 4ex, not a big deal...
It's to make players happy again when they actually drop one.

If mjollnir goes from 30C to 2ex or so i think that would be "fine". Nothing outrageous to get if you really want the item but at the same time increases the feeling when you loot one.

I found a mjollnir/windripper/kongor this 2 week race, sold all for 20C so none of them actually felt like "tier 1 drops" to me.

As long as we don't revert back to the days of old where mjollnir = 35 ex etc i will be happy.

I don't mind paying a few ex for an item that is illusive to obtain by the person putting it up on the market. And if i find one myself but don't need it, i can get a better pay-out myself.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
they're still at least 3 times more common than they used to be.
Long live the 1%!
Nice game balance, ggg

POE is the only place besides DotA that makes you a casual if you are below 1000 hours.
"
Boem wrote:
It's to make players happy again when they actually drop one.

Yep I missed that feeling so much in Perandus and the 2 Week Race. Towards the end of the 2 Week Race I looted a Shavs and fat man sold me 2 more Shavs in 2 days, 2 Exalts dropped too in that time too. None of it gave me that OMG feeling that makes this game so fun. I was just like oh a Shavs, meh.

Next time I loot an Exalt or a t1 Unique I want it to mean something again!

Perandus was fun, but I am glad to see the back of it.
I see you are a supporter. I am not and do not plan to be. That probably explains why I have never had an Exalted drop for me. I am sure GGG favors supporter and streamers with their drop rates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info