[Theorycraft] Welp, time to jump on the chaos archer bandwagon I guess

"
suszterpatt wrote:
Although I just realized that since I have +100% chaos damage from the tree, the 25% phys->chaos conversion on Darkscorn translates to an effective +25% more damage as well, giving a 60% physical / 40% chaos split on my main hit. Considering mob chaos resist is generally much lower than physical (hello Void Beacon), we're looking at at least +50% more damage compared to a full physical bow.

...yeah, I think I'll stick with Darkscorn. :)

You're correct about traps but not conversion mechanics.... The increased chaos damage passives stack additively with increased physical damage. 100% increased would only be the same as 100% more if you have _no_ increased physical damage modifiers, which is, by the way, a terrible idea for a physical/chaos split.

If you had, hypothetically, 200% increased physical damage (including general "increased attack damage" and "increased damage") and 100% increased chaos damage, and are converting 25% of your physical damage to chaos, your damage split would be more like 70:30 physical/chaos, not 60:40. (as an example, a base 100 physical damage hit before modifiers would deal 225 physical damage and 100 chaos damage)
Last edited by codetaku on May 27, 2016, 2:04:40 PM
"
adghar wrote:
"
kahzin wrote:

My first intention was to have two CA setups, one for trash clearing and one for single target. The single target setup was CA - Pierce - Trap - Trap Damage - Slower Proj - PPAD.

Just curious - where did you get Poison?

Initially I used Snakebite gloves and later switched my Ascendency Class to Pathfinder to get poison from Herbalism.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info