[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

No. The main reason for a dagger is the free poison from Consuming Dark.

It is like having a 7-link instead of 6 on single target fights.

Whirling blades is a nice addition we get from it being a dagger. :)
I've been playing this build and enjoying it so far. Currently I am level 65 and grinding Lake to 70 before I start Maps.

I've found about 11 Chaos orbs so far, the only "end game" item I have for this build is Eye of Chayula. What would you guys recommend I start looking to purchase? I haven't swapped to CI yet, I only have 3.7k ES. Should I go for some of the more defensive things like Auxium, Brinerot, and an Essence From Within? Or should I get Consuming Dark for the dps, whirling blades & clear speed?

This is my current passive tree with 5pts held:

Another edit:
My tooltip on ED is 5.5k dot damage per second, I'm still using it in a Lifesprig 3 linked as my chest is only 4 socket 3 link, should i look at buying a 5l chest instead of one of the core items for now?
Last edited by Fenlenus on Jun 5, 2016, 12:56:30 PM
"
Fenlenus wrote:
I've been playing this build and enjoying it so far. Currently I am level 65 and grinding Lake to 70 before I start Maps.

I've found about 11 Chaos orbs so far, the only "end game" item I have for this build is Eye of Chayula. What would you guys recommend I start looking to purchase? I haven't swapped to CI yet, I only have 3.7k ES. Should I go for some of the more defensive things like Auxium, Brinerot, and an Essence From Within? Or should I get Consuming Dark for the dps, whirling blades & clear speed?

This is my current passive tree with 5pts held:

Another edit:
My tooltip on ED is 5.5k dot damage per second, I'm still using it in a Lifesprig 3 linked as my chest is only 4 socket 3 link, should i look at buying a 5l chest instead of one of the core items for now?
Auxium is a very good QoL item, I suggest getting one as fast as you can when you meet the level requirements to use it.

Consuming dark is godly for single target (Atziri, Map bosses) and for whirling blades enabling.

Your ED tooltip seems more than decent for a level 65 character at a league start. Some more grinding and you'll be able to search for a good ES body armour which should be your best friend until you can afford a very good Regalia.

Brinerot Whalers are very offensive. The most defensive items of our character are Auxium and the rare ring / gloves / regalia with defensive stats & resists.

Follow this priority:

1. Buy an Auxium
2. Try to trade a good ES ring with some resists
3. Brinerot Whalers are usually difficult to acquire because they are exclusive to Warbands League. Search for an alternative, good rare ES / resists / movement speed boots or Rainbowstrides should be nice
4. Search for good es gloves and a decent 4L regalia
5. At this point you can go CI: get a Consuming Dark!

Hope it helps.
Last edited by djnat on Jun 5, 2016, 1:23:10 PM
can u add gameplay videos of it clearing red maps? would be rly curious looking good! and why not occultist for extra curse and explosion?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
can u add gameplay videos of it clearing red maps? would be rly curious looking good! and why not occultist for extra curse and explosion?

I will add videos when I can! I am currently busy playing a wander with the new league, but gameplay demonstrations were already planned to be added in this guide, so I'll do it.

As I said in a previous post, I didn't choose Occultist because profane bloom was bugged (I don't know if 2.3 fixed that issue) and not working with the ED / Contagion spreading combo, and because I think that Trickster's defensive options / clearspeed / mana management are better.
Technically speaking Profane Bloom isn't bugged,but the effort to change it would cost too much developer time.
Playing both clearspeed is way superior compared to Occultist, can recommend that build.
--
Last edited by Xinerub2 on Jun 6, 2016, 2:27:01 PM
"
Xinerub2 wrote:
You do not run any auras?

No.

Essence Drain DOT doesn't scale with any of the damage auras (Wrath, Haste, Hatred, Anger), a defensive aura like Discipline could be used but I think it's not worth.

Trickster has a sort of free Discipline included in Shade Form.

And to run 3 blasphemy curses + another aura there should be a strong investment in passive points (thus sacrificing more useful damage or utility talents), to take more mana reservation reduction nodes. Really not worth it, considering we can go up to 14k ES without any aura.

Discipline is quite good if you play a lowlife version, but again, CI is a lot stronger when it comes to the defensive aspect of the character, which becomes the key at higher levels, when you never, ever want to die if you plan to level up to 100.
Last edited by djnat on Jun 6, 2016, 2:33:48 PM
Hmmm ... is Zealot's Oath works with regen from Essence Drain?
"
Unk_Particle wrote:
Hmmm ... is Zealot's Oath works with regen from Essence Drain?

Yes.

In fact, you can achieve insane amounts of regen while mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info