Melee Necromancer

The upcoming patch will buff certain aspects of Necromancer, f.Ex. auras granting a higher bonus boost and some extra resists.
I had a melee dual Ichimonji Necromancer - Harbinger of Entropy, and I wondered if theoretically, the concept would be salvageable with those new changes?
It was overall too fragile a build for melee, though did work as a caster. (it was originally an experiment for Ichimonji)

I'll definitely try a tankier version of the concept next league (Still planning with just 4 points).
In your experience, is the Phys.-Reduction bonus from Zombies worth it?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on May 26, 2016, 3:29:41 PM
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 8:50:57 AM
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
In your experience, is the Phys.-Reduction bonus from Zombies worth it?

Depends on the build, if that's your only source of phys reduction it isn't very good, but if you got some armor and endurance charges you can really feel it when your zombies kick the bucket.

I got a melee necro hybrid in build section so you may want to check that out, look for 'rathma's chosen'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Well, my build so far just didn't have room for it.
Running 3 Heralds, 3 Auras, AA, and maintaining a Golem and a full CwDt grouping stretches the links thin.
I suppose the whole "dual ichimonji" concept was kind of a failure without unaffordable gear.
Just now wondering as the new concept might use spirit offering instead of bone offering, and use spells, so there might be room for a CwDt Zombie setup, or maybe just selfcast. Not sure it actually needs to be tankier.

The old concept could have worked well as a caster, dropping one of the blades and HoF for a spell dagger and a decent ranged spell could have really elevated the effect of the auras and heralds.
The Ascendancy seems to have improved the aura buff aspect of Necromancer notably, however, so I wonder if the concept could be used by someone richer and more dedicated. ;)

Just looked up your build, and the fluff is juicy, but as someone that has never played past level 81 due to a suicidal playstyle and rapid onset of boredom, I don't I'll ever be able to afford half the gear.
Hell, I would have had to grind in Perandus to even afford the weapon. So I suppose that'll never go past theory for me. ^^
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Right, well, the problem with my build was this - it's a hybrid, and when you got dual investment to cope with you can't go with either all the way. That's why it needs a powerful weapon to get decent clear speed, or a powerfull spell if you're going that way.

You have a similar problem with your auramancer investment, not much left to fully develop offense and defense. The difference between the two is my minion passives allow me to have Zombies around without losing the whole pack when a perandus guard as much as sneezes, and I did have some amount of armor and charges, so those zombies were very effective and the whole thing was worth it. Your build has none of that so Zombies probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

Commander of Darkness got a nice buff so your idea could probably work well if you invest in it. Unfortunately, builds that need to cover a lot of ground typically start working late, my necro for instance didn't really kick off until well past 80 and it worked with a cheaper weapon too, so the main thing you need isn't wealth but patience, fiddly builds will be fiddly.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
fiddly builds will be fiddly.

Quote of the Day. Cheers!
Zaanus:

___

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info