[3.0] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives. Rage Mage Edition!

Got my character to maps and gear is starting to look more or less ok. It's a fun build, though phys reflect map gear swap is really annoying!

I managed to get a lucky 6l on Cospri's, but somehow I doubt my luck will hold with corrupting gloves (it's like a few % chance to get vulnerability?, if that?). The short range on Blasphemy curses was really bothering me, so I took Charisma and linked both curses with Inc. AoE. It cost some points, but helps a lot.

Also, Bino's poison proliferation is pretty fun for bit more AoE. Though, that's all it does.
Last edited by Keemossi on Jun 23, 2016, 12:57:10 AM
"
zavinac wrote:
im thankfull for this awesome build the marauder version is just insane and as requested by CantripN im showing my gear not the best at the moment but melting t10 boses just in seconds
Spoiler
and im using item rarity just for the extra loot

You are using a poison gem in a cospris? Why?
"
Luzi_ wrote:
"
zavinac wrote:
im thankfull for this awesome build the marauder version is just insane and as requested by CantripN im showing my gear not the best at the moment but melting t10 boses just in seconds
Spoiler
and im using item rarity just for the extra loot

You are using a poison gem in a cospris? Why?
ye my bad had no chromas to roll cospris and forgot about it , today i got lucky on colours and its fixed
How did it feel doing über lab with this build, if you dont mind me asking?
I like the idea of farming it somewhat but EQ builds doesnt appeal to me that much
"
Chridian wrote:
I like the idea of farming it somewhat but EQ builds doesnt appeal to me that much

I did several max key runs with a 5L Kintsugi and Lvl 19 EK on a day with Conduits and Essences, and the Lab itself went really smoothly.
Between Whirling Blades, Kintsugi's damage reduction and the free heals every few seconds from my Warcry, I didn't really care about traps, although I feel my damage back then (about 38k-ish tooltop with 7 frenzy charges, using Projectile Weakness and a Singularity in my offhand) was rather on the low end.

Since then I've switched to a 6L Cospris and replaced my Dagger with a Dark Seer (I have to completely agree with Cantrip about how awesome that thing is), and will probably later this day try Uber Lab again (seeing as today's layout looks not as sucky as the last few days)
Last edited by Janustradamus on Jun 23, 2016, 10:46:54 AM
"
Janustradamus wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

I did several max key runs with a 5L Kintsugi and Lvl 19 EK on a day with Conduits and Essences, and the Lab itself went really smoothly.
Between Whirling Blades, Kintsugi's damage reduction and the free heals every few seconds from my Warcry, I didn't really care about traps, although I feel my damage back then (about 38k-ish tooltop with 7 frenzy charges, using Projectile Weakness and a Singularity in my offhand) was rather on the low end.

Since then I've switched to a 6L Cospris and replaced my Dagger with a Dark Seer (I have to completely agree with Cantrip about how awesome that thing is), and will probably later this day try Uber Lab again (seeing as today's layout looks not as sucky as the last few days)

okay so summary, it can be done without problems with budget gear, and it'll, what's the word, scale really well really fast with upgrades?
That's really good to hear (:
Also @Cantrip I was totally going to comment earlier when you didnt have a themesong, I really love your suggestions and since RHCP is by far my favourite band (gonna see them in september) You just made my day ^^
hey great build, i can kill bosses very easily. I just thought about something maybe too ambitious but here it goes. What about using a pledge of hands to have a possible 8 link with cospri's will and spell echo. So the gems will be ek, faster casting, pierce, controlled destruction, added chaos, empower, spell echo, poison. And also link my curses on chest with increased area of effect, blasphemy, projectile, vulnerability, enlighten. What do you guys feel about this setup?
"
Chridian wrote:
okay so summary, it can be done without problems with budget gear, and it'll, what's the word, scale really well really fast with upgrades?

That's about it in a nutshell. Although I have to add, missing Kintsugi's effect caused me a few near death experiences with the traps ;)

@gbkilla
The main reason to run a Pledge would be the free Spell Echo (the spell damage doesn't double dip, but the size of the roll might put it close to the effective damage when using either Singularity or Dark Seer), and the additional mana is also not useful (even without the Dark Seer I never got close to running out of mana while I was hitting anything).
So you could run Pledge to squeeze in an eighth link (which Dark Seer does in its own way as well, the Blind on hit really adds to your survivability), but you would lose out on double dipping with the unique sceptres.
Haven't been playing much this league due to RL (started Clinical Work as a Physical Therapist), so I'm not level 95+ and don't have a 6l Cospri's or a Corrupted Winds. You guys seem to be doing well! :)

Try to post your gear and play experiences to help others if you can, especially the higher level people or anyone having trouble.

---

My gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:

Tree:
Spoiler

Life is 6800 atm (level 88), DPS is around 56k with Charges, around 110k with all buffs? Much left to upgrade, like another link, EK 21, 7th Frenzy Charge, Projectile Damage from the tree, etc. Even so, killed all T15 bosses easy. Those Uber lab Ascendancy points are SO nice when you have a high life pool!
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 24, 2016, 7:09:49 AM
Gear:
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler

Level 90, an embarrassingly low 5.55k hp, 46k dps without charges and 69k with 7 frenzy.
My priorities for upgrades are currently Winds of Change with Curse on Hit (12 in and still counting) and an at least marginally useful helmet enchant. For contingency I already bought an ilvl 84 Lion pelt with 40% EK damage, but I didn't feel like throwing tons of alts at it yet.
Also, I should probably get myself to buy some better jewels, haven't really paid attention to them since mid-80ish levels.
Last edited by Janustradamus on Jun 24, 2016, 1:47:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info