[2.3] TheoryCrafting Staff juggernaut CoC discharge

in other build i made for PHC i got 43k Armour with no flask up and with 280% armour from tree , that was a 75%+ phys mitigation.... 95% with Armour flask... so no way :D! 100% sure Armour is better Vs 5% fortify Effect. Well you need hight armour chest .
"
Rulky wrote:
in other build i made for PHC i got 43k Armour with no flask up and with 280% armour from tree , that was a 75%+ phys mitigation.... 95% with Armour flask... so no way :D! 100% sure Armour is better Vs 5% fortify Effect. Well you need hight armour chest .

That's a very good point, That much armor would probably beat out a bit of fortify effect. The other option is using a kaoms heart? I guess the chest option is whatever you have availble to you and what you prefer to use. There might not be a single correct answer for this question rofl
mmm im sure rare with high armour is better , but if you want life yeah kaoms better ... thats up to you , in my case rare chest only because daggers.
I thought about trypanon and voll's protector, the scold in the CI version.
2 kind of CoC

1) OFC discharge, with controlled destruction/concentrated/(empower 4)/life leech (2 of them) + ele focus

2)Vengeance CoC: Icenova and Spark or whathever, with ll here or in the main attack, ele focus and what u prefer

7 endurance (if u get from a belt another one, it's better), 6 power (alira)

I made the trees in a slappy way, but they are something like that:

life version:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAMbYWGPLHsAB97k9_NI4BsYWu4zPxFhdpPZI3dVfPxo-FCB_43y47w4x-ykuUEfxrORRVw1nm9lh0iGWbPObrj6tjfJBkc5oZcauz36CBwthPC12rK9sg1-DzGjytz7wH_4KogDyRdi9BLPhczrhNZLAZpo7plf-j7Xy2fyf3-08gptN43gNCarvfNWm7DjAGsCaV5TkIilPOtipbm87i4wabGu3Jy8BkXfj-d2drjbphX2QVS3SAdynCCSqGjhko4TZ2CQWb2EhR342xVZI42qE7702HwKi6trBZU0EBxLhdO2-p4PbTLMFLVXGl5UgbnrvOlhSU1AwPV8=

CI version

6 endurance 6 power

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAHuMJSd9c8sewAFdSa0J0jgGxmebXaSuPt3Vxq4LYa9saPI87xhdrfHAZjwFRUef3-98MtGaO-vu7TyCm6cI1abYJFeUNsVWSClPi3ofAmu3AW8EBzI0hX3i90yzr7cWQIRIl5UgbodlZp5ca1JTUDAQWLcxcg_DbT1fl_QsnIx2cYVZ820ZVymfPhFQ2Vsi9EbXLdI1uRslbAunK0uukyfpAr6Kf8bviFM1oS_Bxfk3UELsGNfPjDaP-iy_SbFUR-UZ8NXQ0BXXpr60OElRX2qGrp7E-_VWY13yl5crCkV8ES_jhOtjDdG1SGNDbWwPqySLwzoqOHYR

dunno if it could work :)
Last edited by ForteBraccio on May 28, 2016, 5:28:20 AM
"
ForteBraccio wrote:
I thought about trypanon and voll's protector, the scold in the CI version.
2 kind of CoC

1) OFC discharge, with controlled destruction/concentrated/(empower 4)/life leech (2 of them) + ele focus

2)Vengeance CoC: Icenova and Spark or whathever, with ll here or in the main attack, ele focus and what u prefer

7 endurance (if u get from a belt another one, it's better), 6 power (alira)

I made the trees in a slappy way, but they are something like that:

life version:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAMbYWGPLHsAB97k9_NI4BsYWu4zPxFhdpPZI3dVfPxo-FCB_43y47w4x-ykuUEfxrORRVw1nm9lh0iGWbPObrj6tjfJBkc5oZcauz36CBwthPC12rK9sg1-DzGjytz7wH_4KogDyRdi9BLPhczrhNZLAZpo7plf-j7Xy2fyf3-08gptN43gNCarvfNWm7DjAGsCaV5TkIilPOtipbm87i4wabGu3Jy8BkXfj-d2drjbphX2QVS3SAdynCCSqGjhko4TZ2CQWb2EhR342xVZI42qE7702HwKi6trBZU0EBxLhdO2-p4PbTLMFLVXGl5UgbnrvOlhSU1AwPV8=

CI version

6 endurance 6 power

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAHuMJSd9c8sewAFdSa0J0jgGxmebXaSuPt3Vxq4LYa9saPI87xhdrfHAZjwFRUef3-98MtGaO-vu7TyCm6cI1abYJFeUNsVWSClPi3ofAmu3AW8EBzI0hX3i90yzr7cWQIRIl5UgbodlZp5ca1JTUDAQWLcxcg_DbT1fl_QsnIx2cYVZ820ZVymfPhFQ2Vsi9EbXLdI1uRslbAunK0uukyfpAr6Kf8bviFM1oS_Bxfk3UELsGNfPjDaP-iy_SbFUR-UZ8NXQ0BXXpr60OElRX2qGrp7E-_VWY13yl5crCkV8ES_jhOtjDdG1SGNDbWwPqySLwzoqOHYR

dunno if it could work :)

So, you are planing to use Tryphanon only in CI vesrsion?
My expirience teached me that CI version is always huge investment. And this build was planned as starter :) BTW ist 300% Energy shield not too small protection? Good thing we can't be stanned - bad... too few armor

As of now - there only one 2 good things in stave version. Smashing Strikes as source of endurance charges even if you hitting somthing that didn't hit back

And ability to use +3 stave to drive discharge into skyes (+ later combo with empower).

But Tryphanon + pCoc is endless source for Power charges.

PS: Have too decide how to level this until merciless labirynth :(
Last edited by lapilesos on May 29, 2016, 4:30:18 PM
I made (and linked) even the life version with 228% life, but I built both trees in 5 minutes just to give me an idea :D

I like tryp ofc for the 100% critic, so the possibilities of endless power charges with pcoc or with voll, and of an endless elemental overload, intrigue me, and ofc I do like the idea of 2 6l coc, in the best gear scenario, with cyclone and vengeance, plus several combo with cast damage... you re right I didn't care about defensive stuff, focusing on elemental damage I thought about the huge ammount of dps due discharge plus others ele spells, but I don't know how make the adds, so I'm just thinking if this dps could be effective or not...I mean, don't know if it could 1shot everything :D
I think discharging 7 endurance and 6 powers simultaneosly, and somehow, adding 3 frenzy if not always, sometimes, could be something really interesting.

For levelling probably both versions are not good, actually I hope they will be later :D I will try one of them in standard for sure in order to understand if they are available for proph. ;)
Last edited by ForteBraccio on May 29, 2016, 5:42:14 PM
"
ForteBraccio wrote:
I made (and linked) even the life version with 228% life, but I built both trees in 5 minutes just to give me an idea :D

I like tryp ofc for the 100% critic, so the possibilities of endless power charges with pcoc or with voll, and of an endless elemental overload, intrigue me, and ofc I do like the idea of 2 6l coc, in the best gear scenario, with cyclone and vengeance, plus several combo with cast damage... you re right I didn't care about defensive stuff, focusing on elemental damage I thought about the huge ammount of dps due discharge plus others ele spells, but I don't know how make the adds, so I'm just thinking if this dps could be effective or not...I mean, don't know if it could 1shot everything :D
I think discharging 7 endurance and 6 powers simultaneosly, and somehow, adding 3 frenzy if not always, sometimes, could be something really interesting.

For levelling probably both versions are not good, actually I hope they will be later :D I will try one of them in standard for sure in order to understand if they are available for proph. ;)

Your build discussion and suggestions actually just gave me an idea, because I didn't think about counter attacks and if they could crit. I think I might try to incorporate one with: vengeance - CoC - blade vortex - PCoC - (the block counter gem I forget the name of)

Thanks for that little spark on inspiration, that gives me a good way to use power charges in the build :D
did something similar in 2.0,just with coc novas on sweep and molten strike coc flamesurge/freezepulse for singletarget.

Was pretty fun, just not tanky enough, but juggernaut changed this
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Looking at the new Grand Spectrum Viridian Jewel if you spend the rest of your points you have 9 possible allocation locations allowing for 6 * 9 * 9 = 486% Elemental Damage Bonus! Just thought I'd give you a heads up for 2.3.
Last edited by XerxezBreak on May 30, 2016, 1:46:23 AM
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
Looking at the new Grand Spectrum Viridian Jewel if you spend the rest of your points you have 9 possible allocation locations allowing for 6 * 9 * 9 = 486% Elemental Damage Bonus! Just thought I'd give you a heads up for 2.3.

Yeah those will be very interesting, I hope they're common enough for people to build with them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info