Nice! More tools against reflect! (Ascendancy adjustments)

With the new Ascendancy balances, they've put 2 nodes in Elementalist (Witch) and Slayer (Duelist). The 2 nodes both reduces reflected damage by 50% (Elementalist reduces Ele Reflect, Slayer reduces Phys Reflect)

Thats pretty sexy. I hope it stays that way.

The other pretty sexy (and expected) adjustments:

- Fortify from champion dont gets any more buffs, its now straight 20% flat only (Expected)
- 10% more damage taken for Monsters (Champion)
- 10% more damage for Gladiator at max Frenzy (+ 10% less taken for Player while at max. Endu's)
- 1% IAS for 100 Accuracy (Juggernaut)
- Instant max. Endu charges if you would gain an Endu Charges (Juggernaut)

Those are the ones i was looking for, 'cuz i always hope they getting melee balanced. Looks pretty good at a first glance!

You're welcome to post your findings! :D

Edit:
New passive tree:
https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on May 26, 2016, 12:30:35 AM
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 4:09:29 PM
"
Astarte911 wrote:

- Instant max. Endu charges if you would gain an Endu Charges (Juggernaut)

inb4 juggernaut Volls devotions CoC discharge too op and gets nerfed a week within release lmfao.

Edit: But actually, it's not that bad, almost the other ascendancies are just as good/interesting now.
Last edited by SIQI on May 26, 2016, 1:04:57 AM
I'm skeptical.

If your damage is already in the stratosphere, 50% reduction isn't going to stop you from one-shotting yourself in maps, and one-shotting yourself to rares means your damage/defense ratio is way out of whack.

If your damage is decently high and reflect poses a challenge, you're better off replacing a damage support with life gain on hit.

Or you could just skip reflect map rolls.

I'm not saying the nodes are useless, but you could be giving up some serious opportunity cost for them, when other strategies might be sufficient.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
WoW Scion is guted, especialy Marauder side.
Leech if you have killed ricently, and gaing 25% attack/cast speed if you almost died ricently... What a fail.

Assassin Increased Skill Effect Duration is soo sweet but i think is realy messed up with ricently mod. Ricently is only 4 sec, and duration effect many other things. Think 30% duration is nice bonus, but is it realy necesery to gate it like that making it unrelayable blinking light.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on May 26, 2016, 3:02:49 AM
I like the reflect mitigation addition. You can combine it with Sybil's Lament to get 80% reflect mitigation which makes it only like 2.6% reflect in maps and 4%/2% (ele/phys) on monster affixes, which is far more manageable compared to the 13% and 20%/10% (ele/phys) that we currently have to deal with, also Chaos conversion is still there so you can further reduce the reflect damage taken even more.
Last edited by Megatyrant on May 26, 2016, 8:16:51 AM
might be nice for those 2 classes but many classes dont benefit at all from 8 points

take guardian for example

ascendancy was planned with 6 points in mind
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on May 26, 2016, 8:41:54 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
might be nice for those 2 classes but many classes dont benefit at all from 8 points

take guardian for example

ascendancy was planned with 6 points in mind

Well I mean you've to remember the last 2 points are likely going to show up in most builds in the 80s, so for guardian for example, there are a couple of the remaining 2 point nodes which are alright and still helpful

Like, say you use Prayer of Glory and Unwavering Faith for your 6, Harmony of Purpose gives you and nearby party members conduit while stopping enemies from gaining any charges themselves... or you can use Time of Need for just some cleanses and a light heal, or even Bastion of Hope for if you're blocking a lot... it pretty much guarantees if anything gets past you and hits a teammate, they won't be stunned

I'd say while Guardian doesn't get outright OP like others, it still benefits from the last two points
Easy 2.3 easy life
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Astarte911 wrote:
With the new Ascendancy balances, they've put 2 nodes in Elementalist (Witch) and Slayer (Duelist). The 2 nodes both reduces reflected damage by 50% (Elementalist reduces Ele Reflect, Slayer reduces Phys Reflect)

My only problem with that is, that there are hardly any pure phys builds(which use Blasphemy Vulnerability + punishment instead of hatred/hoa) so it's more like a ~25% reflected damage reduction whereas ele chars get 50%.
This is a buff.
"
gilrad wrote:
I'm skeptical.

If your damage is already in the stratosphere, 50% reduction isn't going to stop you from one-shotting yourself in maps, and one-shotting yourself to rares means your damage/defense ratio is way out of whack.

If your damage is decently high and reflect poses a challenge, you're better off replacing a damage support with life gain on hit.

Or you could just skip reflect map rolls.

I'm not saying the nodes are useless, but you could be giving up some serious opportunity cost for them, when other strategies might be sufficient.

I am not. usually you can survive any reflect with 4% instant leech and popping relvent flask even today. Something like elementalist will allow you to ditch something like warlords on blas.

Still will require a LL gem in spell rotation for heavy hitters.

Just makes it easier not impervious.

I've never skipped a reflect map with any build but now I can skimp on leech and/or mitigation.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 26, 2016, 7:43:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info