SHIELD CHARGE VIABLE

"
Qarl wrote:

Skill Changes

Shield Charge is now an Area of Effect skill. It deals damage to enemies you collide with as you charge, then deals a larger aoe at the end of the charge. It no longer always stuns. It gains more damage and stun threshold reduction the further you travel, up to a certain distance.

OPOPOP The builds are finally viable!
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Last edited by Rowanbladex on May 25, 2016, 9:47:18 PM
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 6:43:07 AM
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Skill Changes

Shield Charge is now an Area of Effect skill. It deals damage to enemies you collide with as you charge, then deals a larger aoe at the end of the charge. It no longer always stuns. It gains more damage and stun threshold reduction the further you travel, up to a certain distance.

its a great change but im still waiting for Shield charge to really account the shield you are using in the damage you deal
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Or maybe it can go off your total armor as that would relate to how heavy your character is.
Heavyer = more momentum = more damage?

Would be fun to play with 50k armor running into everything
I am actually quite tempted to make a shield charge build. But if the charging cast delay is still there with shield charge no longer auto stun, I can see my self charge into a pack and get swarmed and die before I can shield charge again because the delay was so long (and last time I checked it was impossible to reduce this delay).
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
I am actually quite tempted to make a shield charge build. But if the charging cast delay is still there with shield charge no longer auto stun, I can see my self charge into a pack and get swarmed and die before I can shield charge again because the delay was so long (and last time I checked it was impossible to reduce this delay).

Thats why you have trigger skills, infact more often shit died before shield charge hit them
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I'm guessing this will also affect the mobs which have Shield Charge too?
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Oh cool looks like GGG made the delay to scale with weapon speed now.

Depending on how big the initial AoE of shield charge is but with enough increase aoe I can see some hilarious builds. Just slap thru entire screen of mobs. It's like earthquake but with a "BEAM" shaped effective damaging area. And BEAM weapon, just like gundam mobile suits is a romance for man.

Also with over 400% more damage scaling on shield charge, a slow big damage one handed weapon might be capable to create a "nuke charge" that one shot bosses or something. Run a golem or a taunt totem ect and ro to max charge distance and charge in and loot.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 26, 2016, 8:04:20 AM
It will still be as clunky as ever. Going to make something anyway
My Critical Facebreaker Avatar of Fire Shield Charge Ele Prolif Assassin build just got a lot more viable.. :O
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on May 26, 2016, 1:43:28 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Skill Changes

its a great change but im still waiting for Shield charge to really account the shield you are using in the damage you deal

That would be really interesting. Maybe some similar mechanic like the facebreakers have.
This is a buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info