Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

I saw the movement speed nerf on Champion and i would like to share my opinion.

With the champion class and cyclone it was the first i was clearing maps without being tired at the end and it was helpfully on bosses (spinning around them made them hard to find target).
Plus i was able to attack with parties instead of constantly leap slamming to reach them.

Now i am not doing any critic since i haven't tried the new content yet. Maybe the result will be same or better.
"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
Why was the slayer nerf necessary?
50% increased damage against rares/uniques was the best thing about the whole subclass.
Now even less people are going to play it - especially because of buffs to other classes.

Really? You got "improved" vesion of culling strike, killing any enemy, that is below 20% HP. That's even hgher damage boost against rares/uniques, than mere 40%.

"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
slayer = double culling strike + immune to bleed while dealing damage

nice.

(my prophecy: i see a lot of shield charge builds incoming)

With Endless Hunger, Slayer was literally immune to bleed even before that change. I played a Slayer, and i didnt even had "of Staunching" flask, and could easily survive 15+ stacks of Corrupting Blood.

As for new "Bane of legends" - if it will work like Culling Strike (i.e. if enemy has less than 20% HP AFTER receiving hit's damage, it dies.), then it's insanely strong, and essentially means "25% more damage" most of the time. But i think, it wont work that way, and "kill" check will be performed first, and then hit's damage is dealt.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 26, 2016, 2:40:00 PM
"100% increase Mine arming speed" That's what I've been waiting for , super hype!
Couple of questions:

1) Does the Raider's "Avatar of the Veil" chance to dodge spells stack with Phase Acrobatics + Atziri's Step? AKA "30 from PA + 16 from Atziri's + 10 from AoV" or is it "10% chance to dodge spells and of the 90% that get through, 46% chance to dodge their damage"? If the latter, avatar of the veil is still pretty much garbage.

2) Assassin's Toxic Delivery. Do the words "you inflict" mean that this node basically doesn't affect traps and mines at all? AKA no 100% more poison damage on critical damage from bladefall traps/mines?
So they nerf consuming dark not once, but twice. I'm not sure if they are intentionally trying to kill the item off. Now you get 50% of the damage converted and then to boot its at an effectiveness of 60% meaning they further reduced the damage by 40% less damage. If they couldn't change the items damage conversion then why not give all monster chaos resist in merc difficulty. This would of allowed for any current conversion builds to be less effective in chaos damage.

eg 1000 fire damage with new conversion grants damage of 800 - 500 fire, 300 chaos

40% chaos resistance would accomplish this, and then they could incorporate was to reduce that chaos res.
"
ressiv wrote:
Why are top tier uniques made rarer again?!

Yes there were a lot of shavs last league, but that league had Cadiro. Will next leagues have Cadiro, no, so why??

Oh and Perandus was my longest league ever, played it until last weekend. Mostly because of coins and the availability of top tier uniques for casuals players. Stuff was actually farmable at a decent rate.

Maybe the prophecy of changing a crap unique into a good one helps a little next league but idk how hard it will be to get something useful...

for the arcane vision chance and for the shav stuff, i really hope they added a middle unique between solaris and shan, or even a boost with profecy for solaris, would be fun have to run a specific quest to get som nice add to solaris, like, just for say, 200 ES, the T1 unique are still more common then they was some month ago, so it's pretty ok for me.
"
ressiv wrote:
Why are top tier uniques made rarer again?!

yes, why can't we play broken build and faceroll t15+ with 5ex budget build xD

cadiro was a test league to see what happen when top tier unique are hugely available.GGG learned something and they are right to restore the balance
(mjolner 30 chaos?! pledge of hand 1 chaos ?go play diablo III seriously)
"
kogilcane wrote:

i really hope they added a middle unique between solaris and shan, or even a boost with profecy for solaris, would be fun have to run a specific quest to get som nice add to solaris

it's so obvious we need something between solaris and shav, if they didnt implement it this league i will cry so much like a baby :'(
Last edited by Lezaford on May 26, 2016, 8:45:12 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
As for new "Bane of legends" - if it will work like Culling Strike (i.e. if enemy has less than 20% HP AFTER receiving hit's damage, it dies.), then it's insanely strong, and essentially means "25% more damage" most of the time. But i think, it wont work that way, and "kill" check will be performed first, and then hit's damage is dealt.
It works just like Culling Strike.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
1) Does the Raider's "Avatar of the Veil" chance to dodge spells stack with Phase Acrobatics + Atziri's Step? AKA "30 from PA + 16 from Atziri's + 10 from AoV"
Yes.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
2) Assassin's Toxic Delivery. Do the words "you inflict" mean that this node basically doesn't affect traps and mines at all? AKA no 100% more poison damage on critical damage from bladefall traps/mines?
No.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
1) Does the Raider's "Avatar of the Veil" chance to dodge spells stack with Phase Acrobatics + Atziri's Step? AKA "30 from PA + 16 from Atziri's + 10 from AoV"
Yes.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
No.

Is the damage over time effect from Vortex like Firetrap? Or like the other damage over time effects (poison, bleed, ignite)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info