Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

By the way, i don't understand why to nerf volta and consuming dark in standard. My last characters (lvl 93 + lvl 97) from this league and the previous one will be totally destroyed in standard, so i cannot use them anymore.

Really, who cares about standard ? Isn't it possible just to nerf future versions of these items, and just let old characters operational ?

Great job anyway, not fan about the nerf of these items just to nerf chaos damages, think another solution could have been found like just applying light damage from voltaxic to attacks only for example.
"Additionally, fourth tier "chase" unique items (like Shavronne's Wrappings) have been made rarer than they were in 2.2.0."

Just my luck i never found one ever in over 1734 hours of playtime :') guess i should give up on the dream to find something worthy other than the exalted orb drop once in a long while x'D
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
pool of map available thru Zana's dailies should be improved, up to all maps below 14 tier
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Hey GGG. My Earthquake Max Block Varunastra AA Gladiator says thnaks for the love.
Also dw about melee being inferior. We, the head-basher community, will continue quaking, blasting, flickering, elementaling, shieldbashing or rip apart anything u throw at us regardless. <3
agree with most of the changes, but i prefer instead of new content fixes to the old content. the game still freeze openning stronboxes, izaro always lags a lot, and more. have many friends who want to try the game but all of them prefer to play diablo 3 or dota due to lag. i really appreciate if you invest a bit more on game performance instead of new laggy content like a 4th lab.
I wish they didn't do it to consuming dark instead they could have made it so duel wielding them doesn't stack that way people that do prefer to use a shield aren't getting over penalized for it.
hi GGG can i ask a favor? after 2 months of prophecy can you lunch again a two weeks league? but this time i want full mode flashback in whole two weeks, like day 15-16 of last flashback league, so nobody gets level 100 easily and much harder in a party, and only the strong survive. hahahaa. its really fun aside from a drop rate of high tier map. tnx in advance.
Last edited by 2pher on May 27, 2016, 7:02:44 PM
I think reflect needs to be removed/changed to thorns in maps instead of nerfing items...
How do I install the Skill tree assets to my offline tree planner?
"
ModernBison wrote:
Vanilla D3 wasn't boring because Legendary items was hard to find. That was because there was no fun at finding them, every item in that game were nearly/deadly? identical beside Legendaries. I don't understand what happened, the game design felt somewhat amateur compared to oldschool blizzard games and the auction house just exposed that to exponent 10 by letting you the choice of grinding 2,000 gold per hour or buying 1,000,000 gold for 1$... TBH, I think blizzard just wanted us to spend more than 60$ for the game and it failed because the game should be fun out of the box, not after a 10$ invested in fun gear.

I'll propose something to any player ranting about rarity, learn to play the game, personally I never had stellar rare gear (never had a 6L beside Tabula rasa) and I progressed quite enough in the game to have a lot of fun, even doing Tier 10 and Tier 11 maps. I never attempted Atziri, but that's more about being a coward than having bad gear. Learn to identify what's good and what's not for your build, you can progress a lot only doing that.

Jesus, so much fail in this post it's ridiculous.

First, D3 wasn't boring. People hated the Auction House because it was required to get good/useful items. Why? Because 99.99999999% of the drops you got had either: a) the wrong stats for your class, b) bad stat combinations, c) low rolls or d) all of the above. Players could literally play for weeks without finding upgrades for their characters, and thus had to resort to the AH to advance in the game in any reasonable amount of time without it turning into a chore/job. Sound like any other game you know? How about PoE, where 99% of the Uniques you find in end game maps aren't even useful for leveling as a new player? How about maintaining a map pool as a solo player, when you have Tier1-8 maps dropping on a regular basis in 90+IIQ Tier12+ maps?

And just stop with the learn to play nonsense -- it's a tired bit of advice. Especially when coming from someone who, admittedly, hasn't attempted Atziri even. Tell you what Mr. Learn to Play. Go start a low-life, crit Blade Vortex character, and treat it like a new league (ie, no using any existing currency or items you have in your stash) and keep me up to speed on how well you progress with all your great, skillful playing. After all, it's not the drops that should make you able to function with that build, just learning to play should suffice.

And if you want to argue that it's a high-end/expensive build, remember that the game should be fun out of the box, not after some huge investment (at least that's what you said up above). That's a pretty damn fun build, if you ask me... so it should be doable, relatively soon out-of-the-box.

Last edited by DirePenguin on May 27, 2016, 8:38:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info