Abundant unique idea?

The title of a previous thread caught my eye in fusing two unqiues together.

POE has an abubdant unique problem and in the spirit of the upcoming prophecy league, i was thinking of how a item fusion system could work based on rng.

For example, take kaoms signet ring. It has an amazing +1 end charge and some leech but is otherwise useless.
So we take 3 kaoms rings and fuse them together via RNG.

Fusing 3 rings could yield a kaoms signet +1 ring.
+1 being the level of successful upgrade

Say with every successful upgrade, you can enchant the ring with a new prefix or suffix.

If say you wanted to get a +2 kaoms signet ring, you would need a total of 9x +0 rings or 3x +1 rings

To upgrade to a +3 ring, you would need 3x +2 rings, or 9x +1 or 27x +0

So on and so forth

The catch would be to upgrade to higher levels, it becomes increasingly difficult to do so and failing an upgrade would completely destroy all items

I think this will stimulate the over saturated items market in 2 ways.

It will naturaly remove items via rng failed upgrades but also increase demand for common items

Just a thought
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
Last bumped on May 26, 2016, 5:44:27 PM
"
eebertay wrote:
The title of a previous thread caught my eye in fusing two unqiues together.

POE has an abubdant unique problem and in the spirit of the upcoming prophecy league, i was thinking of how a item fusion system could work based on rng.

For example, take kaoms signet ring. It has an amazing +1 end charge and some leech but is otherwise useless.
So we take 3 kaoms rings and fuse them together via RNG.

Fusing 3 rings could yield a kaoms signet +1 ring.
+1 being the level of successful upgrade

Say with every successful upgrade, you can enchant the ring with a new prefix or suffix.

If say you wanted to get a +2 kaoms signet ring, you would need a total of 9x +0 rings or 3x +1 rings

To upgrade to a +3 ring, you would need 3x +2 rings, or 9x +1 or 27x +0

So on and so forth

The catch would be to upgrade to higher levels, it becomes increasingly difficult to do so and failing an upgrade would completely destroy all items

I think this will stimulate the over saturated items market in 2 ways.

It will naturaly remove items via rng failed upgrades but also increase demand for common items

Just a thought

Median XL had a decent system for turning the items you weren't using into items that you might potentially use.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Median XL, that was something I didn't heared for a long time.

Good ol' memories :3

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
A method to upgrade the base item of a unique to a higher level would greatly increase use of low tier uniques. Maybe restrict it to uniques with at maximum level 50-55 bases for balancing reasons.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Or items could gain exp similiar to gems. U could chose upgrade when item lvl up. Pathetic items get great boost and need less exp, while better items get little boost and need more exp...
Last edited by Chaslaw88 on May 26, 2016, 5:46:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info