When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

I have to disagree with everyone who hates the labyrinth because I love it! There's always something new to be discovered whether it be secret off-map locations or strange darkshrine effects -- I found Greed's Embrace after a darkshrine granted a random monster to drop a unique. Navigating a maze while dodging traps is -- in my opinion -- completely worth the potential material rewards presented by the labyrinth. Currently I've found more uniques in the labyrinth than completing map runs, but more importantly I really appreciate how the labyrinth provides a bit of respite from repetitive map runs.
I also have to mention how much I love the qwirky design of the dungeons, as you travel through the maze you'll begin to notice patterns in how things are placed which stokes your curiosity and forces you to examine the scenery with greater scrutiny for hidden secrets.

Suffice to say, I am stokked for the release of the end-game labyrinth.

"
Arialia wrote:
I like Lab but dislike lost experience when dye ( in merciless) , also i think is a little too long, maybe checkpoints after each Izaro's fight win will be fine.

For me all fights with Act's Boss must be like Izaro : you dye ? must redo fight for the beginning ( but not the map before)

Now think how you would feel about it in HC when you absolutely must do it to get the ascendancy points and add the completely real possibility of the game crashing while you're in a trap field.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Not a fan. Very little reward and a 1/400 chance to get the desired helm enchant. Solution was to grind in the Two Week race so I could blow all my currency there on buying underpriced Helm enchants.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Lab haters are totally casual.
I vote Neutral. Overall I like the lab. However, in a game that is prone to crashing. And in an enviornment where disconnections and lag effect game sessions. The idea that there is no option to continue from within the lab is a careless decision from a game design standpoint.

Traps in an online enviornment is something most game designers would never do. Cuz lag.
considering status messages on the friend list, and people i have talked to (around 11):

The labyrinth is hated in general. i haven't heard/seen a single positive word from friends. given that they are supposed to be a minority, makes chris' statement questionable in my eyes. however these people are not casual players, they all reach high end maps etc.
Last edited by schlachtergeselle on May 26, 2016, 8:19:41 AM
My anecdote proves it!
Labyrinth? Love it. Love puzzles shortcuts hidden doors and dodging traps etc.
BUT
there is this mob... IZARO and he's the reason why i vote hate it. IMO labyrinth should be mobless just traps puzzles at similar stuff.
assuming 2/3 of the playerbase like the labyrinth, which means 1/3 are haters, how likely is it that every single one of them is one?

1/3^11 or 0,56*10^-6 or 0,00056%.

it depends who you ask, i quess. people who really play the meta game don't like the labyrinth, since it gives no xp, no loot, has no fluid game flow and the enchantments are shit.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Lab haters are totally casual.

go ingame watch your friendlist extrapolate

chris tries to save his creation which majority hates says enough was the same with pvp the tournamenrts updates broadcasts and all that shit to make it tasty

give lab the hc pvp treatment so i can join the lab is so easy sc crowd after dieng in it for 100 times
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on May 26, 2016, 8:31:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info