When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

I hate the lab - that content can gtfo of PoE imo.

If I was into trading though GOD DAYUM would I love the lab and the shitty helm enchant odds. Ez EX's raining from the heavens... but instead I've rerolled my own helm 250+ times chasing the enchant I need cos screw trading and getting rich. I am not a smart PoE player... just a grinder.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
"
Qiox wrote:

And you would be wrong to do that.

When you ignore the basic principles of polling your results are always going to be meaningless. You can hope and wish and want and pretend, but it won't convince reality that it should agree with you.

Like others, you can by all means sit in your ivory tower and put forward your theory on why the poll is 'omg so meaningless like why bother' but what you can't do is offer a better way to get a representative sample BECAUSE ONLY GGG CAN RANDOMLY SAMPLE FROM THE PLAYER POPULACE, AND THEY HAVEN'T.

Further, I posit that most of you have never actually run a survey but that some of you will quickly google how to run a survey and attempt to respond.

As an aside, I find your anthropomorphisation of the concept of reality quite... odd.
Vocal minority vs silent majority.

The fact that you guys think GGG doesnt have numbers is quite hilarious. Everytime this poll gets linked i just laugh because its such an insignificant number but people are trying to treat it as if its a representation of every player to ever play Path of Exile.

Edit - Also how many polls for the same thing does that make it now ? Like 30 and none of them ever reach a significant number regardless of constantly spamming it in every thread both here on reddit ? That in of itself is the proof you need as to how insignificant these polls are.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 26, 2016, 2:37:21 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Vocal minority vs silent majority.

The fact that you guys think GGG doesnt have numbers is quite hilarious. Everytime this poll gets linked i just laugh because its such an insignificant number but people are trying to treat it as if its a representation of every player to ever play Path of Exile.

Edit - Also how many polls for the same thing does that make it now ? Like 30 and none of them ever reach a significant number regardless of constantly spamming it in every thread both here on reddit ? That in of itself is the proof you need as to how insignificant these polls are.

Entirely disregarding polls is as much of a mistake as giving them too much credit.

In my experience, polls with a lot of voters usually give a fairly good idea of what the PoE player base thinks. Also, arguments like '50% of the players don't go further than normal Brutus' are funny. These aren't actual players, these are the ones who tried the game and didn't like it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I have my numbers too when every clanmate and friend says it sucks. Let chris release his.

I want to know how many entered lab over 100 times which indicates willingness to farm vs players who just did ascension and GTFO. Bet there is minority.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 26, 2016, 3:38:58 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I have my numbers too when every clanmate and friend says it sucks.

Same here.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Hate the lab
It would be alot better if we just get ascendency points after finishing each difficulty.
Bah Guild Thread
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1373487
Before introduction of map-lab I'd say "neutral". Now you can guess how I voted.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
bhgninja wrote:
Hate the lab
It would be alot better if we just get ascendency points after finishing each difficulty.

Yes...........
So much yes......

Couldnt agree more with you mate:) :(
"Too Wierd To Live... Too Rare To Die...."
Personal Motto

Finally made it to lvl 100... Only took me 3 years...:) :(
I like Lab but dislike lost experience when dye ( in merciless) , also i think is a little too long, maybe checkpoints after each Izaro's fight win will be fine.

For me all fights with Act's Boss must be like Izaro : you dye ? must redo fight for the beginning ( but not the map before)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info