When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
And1111 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:

Yeah,i guess dodging traps and playing frogger is funny in shitcore.
And only doing content you aren't afraid of dying to proves you're hardcore?

I can die pretty much all the time in t12+maps if i'm not careful,i dont need frogger and traps.HC is about game knowledge and risk/reward thing,not playing frogger and dodging shitty traps which can kill char that can handle hardest map mods/content in seconds,it's just lazy/bad design.

Nothing about the design is lazy or bad. The traps are an encounter, a challenge the player and the character need to overcome. The Labyrinth is also about game knowledge, you learn the traps and their layouts and how to avoid them. They're really not even that difficult. It sounds to me like you're upset about your inability to cope with the changes to the game and are rationalizing your failure as being a fault of the game, rather than a fault within yourself. If you accept that you are making mistakes and seek to improve, you will find the Labyrinth is just as surmountable as any other challenge the game presents you with.

I quite enjoy the lab. It's a true dungeon, the namesake of the genre (dungeon crawler) that gave rise to "ARPGs" in general.
"
Tykero wrote:

Nothing about the design is lazy or bad. The traps are an encounter, a challenge the player and the character need to overcome. The Labyrinth is also about game knowledge, you learn the traps and their layouts and how to avoid them. They're really not even that difficult. It sounds to me like you're upset about your inability to cope with the changes to the game and are rationalizing your failure as being a fault of the game, rather than a fault within yourself. If you accept that you are making mistakes and seek to improve, you will find the Labyrinth is just as surmountable as any other challenge the game presents you with.

I quite enjoy the lab. It's a true dungeon, the namesake of the genre (dungeon crawler) that gave rise to "ARPGs" in general.

I have never died in lab.Fully ascended 5 chars in perandus HC.I hate design which can kill you in second no matter how defensivly strong your char is.Like i said,i understand that traps can be fun in shitcore,but trust me,nobody in HC think traps are fun or enjoyable experinece.And after all whineing about lab and traps for 3 months ggg decided to put traps behind maps and one more lab.
Last edited by And1111 on Jun 7, 2016, 12:19:39 PM
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Tykero wrote:

I have never died in lab.Fully ascended 5 chars in perandus HC.I hate design which can kill you in second no matter how defensivly strong your char is.Like i said,i understand that traps can be fun in shitcore,but trust me,nobody in HC think traps are fun or enjoyable experinece.And after all whineing about lab and traps for 3 months ggg decided to put traps behind maps and one more lab.

I don't think you can safely speak for everyone in HC. Perhaps you should play "shitcore" if you're not having fun in hard mode.
Pretty easy my friendlist doesnt show ppl player lab his neither and so on
the worst part is that ppl migrate from hc to sc cause of that shitty lab soon hc and temp hc will be ghosttowns way to go to keep up marketing once you lost a niche branch

Had 2 blue flags in my whole friendlist in perandus now its up to 7 ppl are tired of dumb shit killing them while getting the same mtx
No idea why noone is stopping him even from a marketing perspective this is awful
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 7, 2016, 12:49:07 PM
"
ventiman wrote:
Pretty easy my friendlist doesnt show ppl player lab his neither and so on
the worst part is that ppl migrate from hc to sc cause of that shitty lab

Had 2 blue flags in my whole friendlist now its up to 7 ppl are tired of dumb shit killind them
No idea why noone is stopping him even from a marketing perspective this is awful

I know plenty of people who are playing and enjoying Hardcore. I wonder whether my anecdotal experience invalidates yours, or whether it is just as useless and meaningless?
It seems that crafting your identity around some perceived superiority between two modes in the same game is coming back to bite you. Your elitism is harming your ability to enjoy the game. You have my condolences.

"
Tykero wrote:

I don't think you can safely speak for everyone in HC. Perhaps you should play "shitcore" if you're not having fun in hard mode.

Yeah,i can speak for 95% of my real and ingame friends who play HC.Why would i play shitcore,even NoHandsKen(streamer without hands,great player btw) plays HC.
Last edited by And1111 on Jun 7, 2016, 12:55:03 PM
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Tykero wrote:

I don't think you can safely speak for everyone in HC. Perhaps you should play "shitcore" if you're not having fun in hard mode

Why would i play shitcore.
Same reason you have a logout macro?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jun 7, 2016, 1:00:49 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Tykero wrote:

I don't think you can safely speak for everyone in HC. Perhaps you should play "shitcore" if you're not having fun in hard mode

lol.
Last edited by And1111 on Jun 7, 2016, 1:05:07 PM
Yeah the fairytale they keep up for 4 years now

Play hc at a league start watch ppl die nonstop in yellow announcement and ask them if their lockout macro gliched...

Thats why the perandus 100 got 2 3 pages and havoc was crowned as the best poe player even a guy without hands doesnt play shitcore...that made my day
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
And1111 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:

lol.

The elitism you use as a shield deflects blows to your heart when you wield it poorly.

If you can't handle the tough but fair lab in hardcore, and your fragile ego won't allow you to play softcore, consider taking a break from Path of Exile.
Those of us who are willing to adapt to new game mechanics, rather than make bitter posts on an internet forum, will continue to have fun playing the video game, as intended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info