When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
Are polls in the forum not possible? I saw GGG do a poll thread for the two week race. Members cant do it, only GGG?

Would really love if they actually did it in announcement thread. Normally if it went negative, GGG is shooting them self in the foot (as it will show that the community is very divided over the lab, the new content they worked so hard on). If it went positive for lab, than there is really a very small vocal minority that doesnt like the lab. Would be interesting.
We all know why they are not polling players on this topic, they know the answer and they dont like it. They dont want it to be public, they prefer to keep lying about it while their whiteknighting fanboys make so much noise defending them that people actually think it divided 50/50

feel free to substantiate this with actual evidence. Funny how everyone who disagrees with you is "whitenighting." Since all you ever do is complain, I guess we can say you are constantly "blacknighting."
So...you created a poll...which a small minority of the forum users will answer...which in turn is a very small minority of the overall playerbase...

And you're wanting to somehow discredit Chris' statement with this?

I just dont even...
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
White knights outnumber complainers on the forum. They believe everything they are told by whoever is in charge, probably in rl too. I'm sure they will still be licking GGG a.. long after the game is dead in some pathetic hope that it makes their "donations" seem more worthwhile.

Interesting ... how people defend their chosen 'overlord'. He can do no wrong for them.

I've seen it all before. Nothing new here.

What is amazing is that when the game fails and dies for whatever reason and the people who worshipped and defended the designer/s and builders of it quite often become haters, because their overlord failed.

That's human nature.

However...

This is just another online game.

There are plenty of others.

Games come and go.

So do players.

Life is short.

Enjoy it. :)

"
plodd wrote:
White knights outnumber complainers on the forum. They believe everything they are told by whoever is in charge, probably in rl too. I'm sure they will still be licking GGG a.. long after the game is dead in some pathetic hope that it makes their "donations" seem more worthwhile.

Feel free to produce evidence that GGG is lying to us
"
Okanitu wrote:
So...you created a poll...which a small minority of the forum users will answer...which in turn is a very small minority of the overall playerbase...

I just dont even...

the number of participants doesnt matter. you can have a valid poll with as little as 30 people. the way the poll turns out could be seen as a good indicator of general opinion actually. personally i hate labyrinths and i assume everyone that does has their own reasons.

which dont get me wrong i wouldn't care in the least if the lab was just some extra side content. however, it isnt. it is tied directly to ascendancy which makes it both mandatory and a pita at the same time. it also makes the whole experience one of "god i am glad i am done finally" when you end a lab rather than a feeling of excitement and accomplishment.

"
M0rO wrote:
"
Okanitu wrote:

I just dont even...

the number of participants doesnt matter. you can have a valid poll with as little as 30 people. the way the poll turns out could be seen as a good indicator of general opinion actually. personally i hate labyrinths and i assume everyone that does has their own reasons.

which dont get me wrong i wouldn't care in the least if the lab was just some extra side content. however, it isnt. it is tied directly to ascendancy which makes it both mandatory and a pita at the same time. it also makes the whole experience one of "god i am glad i am done finally" when you end a lab rather than a feeling of excitement and accomplishment.

"2. Is a larger sample always better than a smaller sample?

Larger sample are generally more precise, but sometimes not. The important rule in sampling is not how many poll respondents are selected but, instead, how they are selected. A reliable sample selects poll respondents randomly or in a manner that insures that everyone in the area being surveyed has a known chance of being selected.

One step taken to insure that all members of a population have a known chance of being selected includes dialing randomly generated phone numbers to insure that people with unlisted phone numbers are included along with people with listed numbers. Another is to dial the number again and again when no one answers to insure that people often away from home are included in the sample. Another measure is to randomly select a member of the household for interview instead of interviewing the person who happens to answer the phone.

Non-random samples occur when there is no chance of including all members of a population. If enough people have no chance of being included, survey results will be invalid. Here are some examples: Conducting a poll only between 9 AM and 5 PM, which excludes the opinions of most working people. Another is a poll based on a sample that selects itself, such as a radio station call-in poll, which rules out people not caring to respond or not even listening to the station. Other examples of self-selected samples are poll questions that appear in newspapers, on web pages, and in magazines, or any poll likely to have a high percentage of members of the general public not able or not motivated to make the effort to respond. In these cases, people who choose to respond are likely to differ from others who do not respond. "

From http://www.pollingreport.com/ncpp.htm

Polling sample size calculator: http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm
Yeah it's nice and all but out of curiousity I checked the results.

Hate it!
210 votes (46%)

Clearly a minority.
Even on such a sample.

The main thing White Knights battle in the forums are not Black Knights, but Trolls. What the White Knights usually fail to realize is that Trolls enjoy fighting, and without access to the Fires of Purgation, any White Knight attacks will be futile. In the worst cases of Troll-fighting fervor, some White Knights come to believe everyone not in their distinctive uniform is a Troll, and they attack innocents on sight.

A proper Black Knight is familiar with the methods of the League of Shadows. He understands that Trolls thrive on the weaknesses of the games they attack... and blames the game for this. (The occasional errant Troll can be mere coincidence; a large gathering of them means they've caught the scent of prey.) He knows the best way to purge weakness is not to continuously defend it, but to kill it with fire. The Black Knight seeks the death of a thing, to enable its rebirth.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 26, 2016, 11:24:18 PM
"
plodd wrote:

We should make a poll.

Poll Options:

1. You a white knight!

2. You a black knight!

3. You a purple knight!

SUPPORT TAGS LIMIT REACHED!!?? - Fine then....
twitch.tv/amity13
Last edited by AmityXIII on May 26, 2016, 11:26:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info