Is it hard to be vegan?

I was watching a movie called cowspiracy last night and it triped me out.

-like oceans are dying because overfishing so we can eat meat
-rain forrests "the planets lungs" are being elminated so we can grow grain to feed to meat we eat

truley frighting stats that says me driving my jacked F350 4x4 aint shit compared to me eating meat.

51% of greenhouse effects are because we eat meat
vs only 15% cause by all fossil fuels

water shortages are because we water meat and milk for use.

anyway go watch it on netflix I think I'm gonna make a real difference and become vegan.

is it hard?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 25, 2016, 5:15:41 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2016, 9:12:33 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:44:20 PM
Hard is to want things without money
my english sux.
If you're worried about your impact on the environment with your meat consumption doing things like not eating any kind of fast food/restaurant meat or meat that you might suspect comes from a CAFO will reduce your impact. Instead purchase your meats from your local farmers market for example. Smarter consumer spending will achieve your goals.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I think I'm gonna make a real difference and become vegan.

is it hard?

B-12 is critical.

There is some good information here:

https://www.vegansociety.com/resources/nutrition-and-health/vitamins-minerals-and-nutrients/vitamin-b12-your-key-facts/what-every-vegan-should-know-about-vitamin-b12

It will take adjustments, but with some planning and knowledge ahead of time, you can be successful at a vegan diet. People's experiences with it vary, but some do find they feel a lot better with a vegan diet.

I would strongly recommend doing some reading ahead of time, both for nutritional and financial reasons. Any specific diet can cost you more if you don't check all your options and plan ahead of time.

Learn about supplements and complementary proteins.

Think about this for a moment: People can easily become overweight because they eat too much. Why doesn't their body just throw away those extra calories and not make fat?

Because the cells do specific things based on their structure and chemistry. They have no idea that you ate plant X for protein. If it has a complete protein set, then it will get used as protein, if the body needs it. If the body doesn't need protein, it may be converted into energy (ketones) or into fat, depending on whether the body's hormones and systems are signaling that they need or don't need energy.

If the protein is incomplete, the body may do the same thing. Your intestines are not a food bank, where things get stored up and used as needed. If all the essential amino acids are there in that chyme (the soup all your food turns into in your gut) then the body can and may use it as protein.

If 11 of 20 essential amino acids are there, the body may see it as a car with three wheels and no engine and recycle it for scrap.

A Well balanced vegan diet can give you a very good source of electrolytes and minerals. Just do some research on bio-availability. Not every nutrient is readily extractable by your body, so you might get only part of the nutrients from some plants and a higher percentage from others.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I think Vegans are disgusting they hurt all those poor little vegetables.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
If you're worried about your impact on the environment with your meat consumption doing things like not eating any kind of fast food/restaurant meat or meat that you might suspect comes from a CAFO will reduce your impact. Instead purchase your meats from your local farmers market for example. Smarter consumer spending will achieve your goals.

Actually according to documentary the touchy feel goody stuff like organic and "free range" is even worse than industrial agriculture and farming in so far as enviroment. Cow needs 2.5 acre on avg with free range and only 1 acre in industrial setting.
Git R Dun!
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I think I'm gonna make a real difference and become vegan.

is it hard?

B-12 is critical.

There is some good information here:

https://www.vegansociety.com/resources/nutrition-and-health/vitamins-minerals-and-nutrients/vitamin-b12-your-key-facts/what-every-vegan-should-know-about-vitamin-b12

It will take adjustments, but with some planning and knowledge ahead of time, you can be successful at a vegan diet. People's experiences with it vary, but some do find they feel a lot better with a vegan diet.

I would strongly recommend doing some reading ahead of time, both for nutritional and financial reasons. Any specific diet can cost you more if you don't check all your options and plan ahead of time.

Learn about supplements and complementary proteins.

Think about this for a moment: People can easily become overweight because they eat too much. Why doesn't their body just throw away those extra calories and not make fat?

Because the cells do specific things based on their structure and chemistry. They have no idea that you ate plant X for protein. If it has a complete protein set, then it will get used as protein, if the body needs it. If the body doesn't need protein, it may be converted into energy (ketones) or into fat, depending on whether the body's hormones and systems are signaling that they need or don't need energy.

If the protein is incomplete, the body may do the same thing. Your intestines are not a food bank, where things get stored up and used as needed. If all the essential amino acids are there in that chyme (the soup all your food turns into in your gut) then the body can and may use it as protein.

If 11 of 20 essential amino acids are there, the body may see it as a car with three wheels and no engine and recycle it for scrap.

A Well balanced vegan diet can give you a very good source of electrolytes and minerals. Just do some research on bio-availability. Not every nutrient is readily extractable by your body, so you might get only part of the nutrients from some plants and a higher percentage from others.

Thanks man. I just wish there was a company who sold kits or something. like full months of meals shipped to door. As I go through my day today I'm finding it hard as fuck to find places vegan. I'm going to sweet tomatoes for dinner with my girl. Much research to do.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 25, 2016, 8:34:33 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
I think Vegans are disgusting they hurt all those poor little vegetables.

I dont care about hurting anything except #1 human beings.

You can grow 33,000 lbs of food per acre on vegies

you can grow 300 lbs of meat per acre.

Those lessor life fat ass animals are robbing us (of land, nice eco systems to look at, etc)
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 25, 2016, 8:56:57 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

Actually according to documentary the touchy feel goody stuff like organic and "free range" is even worse than industrial agriculture and farming in so far as enviroment. Cow needs 2.5 acre on avg with free range and only 1 acre in industrial setting.

More cows of lower quality who's meat cost less money which means more can buy vs. less cows who's meat cost more money causing the market to naturally limit the use of meat on a large scale. If the idea is that more cows = worse for the environment then you want the cow needing more acreage that yields more expensive meat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info