Theorycrafting : Flicker Strike/Viper Strike - CI

Hey exiles,

It's been along time that i wanted to make my own HC Flicker Strike Build, and I have some ideas that I would like to share with you and have your feedback. My idea would be to use Flicker Strike as AoE skill and Viper Strike as single target skill.

AoE Skill : Flicker Strike

The idea is to sustain frenzy charge for FS with Ice Bite, some "adds cold damge" on my stuff and max critical strike chance on tree and stuff for apply freez status ailments.

Single Target Skill : Viper Strike

The idea is to max DPS for single target and have the benefits frome Bino's Kitchen Dagger (30% increased DoT for DPS and the 200 life regen buff for survivability)

Stuff

Weapon : Bino's Kitchen (see below)

Shied : ES - Evasion - Life Regen - Elem Resist

Helmet : Alpha's Howl for reduced mana reserved and cannot be frozen

Chest : Geofri's Sanctuary for Zealot's Oath or Death's Oath with The Sorrow of the Divine flask to apply Zealot's Oath.

Gloves : Maligaro's Virtuosity for Crit Chance & Multiplier

Boots : Blood Dance for generat frenzy and life regen

Amulet : Eye of Chayula for cannot be stunned

Ring 1 : Doedre's Damning for dual curse (Blasphemy)

Ring 2 : ES - Elem Resist - Adds Cold Damage (to apply freez status ailment)

Belt : ES - Elem Resist

Ascendancy classe

Trickster : More ES and Evasion with Shade Form and Patient Reaper for more DoT and ES recovery

Gem Setup

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AppZOlQ3_H8vricUmVWOgNk-JVVDvQgFE6sf55R0Z8w/edit?usp=sharing

Passives Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCALDYotk8tvmkyBTaO3DU9W9Mg2qMdIEWv3X9tNGEb8gM1EJ2grVIbWzrY-d07LARL9sa6NaMCysKEHsi6gW1uXxd8r46LVUGcI2_wuwOSCoLFqpOn1FHtMU6rbcwEZZwUj3Ren831OdUDPJirG-EFAmQGwcef8aJ0wV97T8k_aXLbIz_HBNtcFaVLpMnjDb_3iaImhPw1WwLvorviNvUj_pJUSL0oS_5N-wY0NBcQG0Z188sv0cGX2qHy1S9EVDZW0mxFdfy4fb82HanmxXtNbkbJYauY0OnNFb1uT51npaLpysdT0uuVmPbbqxmzxXVuekCl9As4d-Kjop94wAAAAA=

It's pure theorycrafting, and i would like to have your advises and if you think it could be viable... And if not, what i should change?

Thank's by advance for your reply.

Peace.

PS : Apologize for my bad english...

Last edited by Houngan8 on May 25, 2016, 8:02:49 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 3:02:36 PM
I don't think this would work...

You have only 3 available slots for rares, which would mean you need a total of just short of %135 total resist per slot. Just forget about it.

You wouldn't need blood dance with ice bite. You should socket melee phys instead.

You DEFINITELY don't need that many poison nodes, get more ES instead. To use geofri chest you must have more rares for ES and resist (but do use Geofri, both for colors and Zealot's oath) Forget about maligaro's, you need accuracy and resists on your gloves. You can also ditch Alpha's howl by getting a %4 reduced mana reserved node (next to CI) and a level 2 enlighten. And get more accuracy, es and resist.

I'm worried your damage might not be enough, but I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it while going CI.

Long story short, I don't think CI makes sense for dagger flicker, but you'd have more of a chance with these changes.
Hi there,

I've chosen CI because a can't reach anought life with a life based version... But if i can go without CI i prefer due to the possibility to use Blood Rage and don't need Zealot's oath anymore!
Hi it will never be effective.

Ci flicker works perfectly fine but your choice of gear is a nonsense.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info