If Perandus League was such a success as Chris said, why was it ended prematurely?

We can all agree that having a 2 weeks race 4 weeks before Perandus leagues end was death sentence for this league.

If the league was such a success as Chris said, the 2 weeks race would have been in the last 2 weeks or right after league ends so it would have give us an Extra 2weeks of Perandus.

Most of people played the 2weeks race decided to take a break after it, waiting for 2.3 to come out. Perandus is now a ghost league until it ends. We have nearly 2 weeks of nothing much to do, which should have been the 2 weeks race.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on May 25, 2016, 1:42:52 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 11:26:44 PM
"Guys I have an idea"
[idea]
"Put it in now!"
"Alright, let's do that. I'm sure people will go back after anyway"

[flashback]

Basically it was probably that they had an idea to make a flashback for it at that point and just did it without thinking maybe people would stop playing perandus after a while

Even still, don't these months long leagues usually wind down hard at the last month anyway?
I think it was because of the lack of a race season it at least threw a bone to some of the racers even though I think most of them would have rather had short events.
"
G7Ghost wrote:
"Guys I have an idea"
[idea]
"Put it in now!"
"Alright, let's do that. I'm sure people will go back after anyway"

[flashback]

Basically it was probably that they had an idea to make a flashback for it at that point and just did it without thinking maybe people would stop playing perandus after a while

Even still, don't these months long leagues usually wind down hard at the last month anyway?
Yes they always end up being ghosts

but how can you call the league a success if it end up a ghost like all other leagues, if the league isnt an appeal by itself to bring people back after 2weeks race

Ive always been a militant to have leagues that evolve through their duration, to have the content slowly added through its duration. But GGG seem to think otherwise and end in empty leagues.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:41:57 PM
Yea we shouldn't believe anything GGG says, like they didn't even make this game or something... *roll eyes*.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Most of people played the 2weeks race decided to take a break after it, waiting for 2.3 to come out.

This might be what they expected/wanted. People take a small 2 week break, then come back extra hyped and ready for some hardcore PoE, just in time for Prophecy.
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Yes they always end up being ghosts

but how can you call the league a success if it end up a ghost like all other leagues, if the league isnt an appeal by itself to bring people back after 2weeks race

Ive always been a militant to have leagues that evolve through their duration, to have the content slowly added through its duration. But GGG seem to think otherwise and end in empty leagues.

Not sure they ever did call it a success, they called it their most successful league yet in terms of players reaching new highest character levels, new levels of highest map reached, higher levels of re-rolling, and retention.

They can call it a success and be correct depending on what their standards were for success. Was it the above things I listed? Was it to make money? Was it create a product that they were happy with at the expense of all other factors? Success is relative to a goal, and you can't say with certainty that they weren't successful.

Conversely you're welcome to be skeptical that they met their goals, or assert that they had shitty goals to begin with.

The best, most objective way to evaluate this would be if they announced all of their goals before the league started, then we had the data relative to those goals at the end of the league. (Neither of which do we nor will we have).
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:42:21 PM
I guess I could have tacked 'simple' on there too. Sure you could make it more scientifically pure, but at this point we're really in the margins. After all, what if they were lying about their goals in the first place? And we could go on and on and find ways to nit pick methodology.

The thread title is a loaded question anyway, I don't know why I humored it.
Last edited by innervation on May 25, 2016, 2:35:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info