PoE will not detect new audio devices

Hi,

When I connect my wireless ( bluetooth ) headphones they do not appear in the list of available audio devices in PoE options. Sony MDR-ZX 550-BN are the headphones, OS is Windows 8.1. I need to restart PoE to enable wireless headset.

//ZLOJ
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
Last edited by ZL0J on May 25, 2016, 11:41:55 AM
Last bumped on May 26, 2016, 9:59:20 AM
You are correct.

PoE only detects the sound devices on startup (fairly common).

If you want the new sound device detected, restart PoE or start it with the device connected to begin with (then turn them off)
"
Drakier wrote:
You are correct.

PoE only detects the sound devices on startup (fairly common).

If you want the new sound device detected, restart PoE or start it with the device connected to begin with (then turn them off)

Thanks for confirming this. This is what I already do, but given how long it takes for PoE to startup - dynamic autodetection would a nice improvement. I bet there are super skilled and knowledgeable guys at GGG who know how to do it.

5 minutes of googling gave me this: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd371417%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Not sure how and if at all this has to do with PoE implementation and can be used, so sorry if that looks weird. Any way, would it be possible to improve audio device detection?
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
Last edited by ZL0J on May 26, 2016, 4:22:01 AM
I'd submit a thread on the Feedback forum for that specifically if you want it looked into.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info