Servers Down?

I have not played the game in some time. I downloaded the game via steam- can not log in says cannot connect to log in server. Are the login servers down?
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 1:30:49 PM
I'd say no, purely because if the servers went down there would be a shit ton of threads about it.

The login server in steams case though is a steam thing, they login slightly differently and if steams login server is down you can't do shit until it's back up.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Okay so when I try to login still it says unable to connect to login server. Is there a way to bypass the steam log in? Also just to be sure when the game loads it says Path of Exile Ascendancy and has a countdown to the release date. Have I somehow downloaded the wrong client?
What sort of network are you on?

Is it a standard residential internet where you have access to the modem/router, or is it a corporate or campus network where the network is managed by some other IT type group?

Do you have any firewall/antivirus/security software running that might be interfering with the connection to the game servers?
"
Darkmane wrote:
Okay so when I try to login still it says unable to connect to login server. Is there a way to bypass the steam log in? Also just to be sure when the game loads it says Path of Exile Ascendancy and has a countdown to the release date. Have I somehow downloaded the wrong client?

While i'm not ignoring what Drakier says here (it really could be an issue with one or more of the things he mentioned)

The only way to bypass steam login is to have the stand alone client, which is a separate download...Have you ever use the stand alone client? (you would have a linked email and separate password) if so then all you would need to do is to re download the standalone and log on normally, if you linked the old account to steam you should be able to use both.

Also the client should be showing the upcoming patch with a count down timer(which seems to be what you have)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 25, 2016, 11:37:01 AM
Thank you for the responses.. I also downloaded the stand alone version and when I click on it a window comes up that says unable to connect to patch server. It could be the network I am on and I did check the windows firewall wasn't blocking it. I will go on the presumption that the network I am on is blocking it. Thanks for the replies.
What kind of network are you on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info