"Evie" Scythe Magic* Attack* New Weapon type + NEW ideal skills along with.

I've been thinking and wanting to play this for along time always hoping a axe unique that looks somewhat like a scythe to come out that i can scale "Spell damage, cast speed, attack speed" all with doing damage and replacing a movement skill.

My idea is based around a witch, scion, to use a scythe made by unique or a new axe base that contains spell damage or attack speed as implicit and 2 or 3 skills to go with its release.

*Below are the main skill's that i assc. with this theory in mind.

"Fury Splitter" *** (Spell, AoE, Cast)(Attack,AoE,Speed) Cast speed & Attackspeed? scale duration?
The main skill i have in mind would be a skill that based around "teleporting to a location as in being invulnerable n reappearing using your 2hand weapon "scythe" and spinning in a 320 degrees slicing all surrounding monsters. The trick to the skill that would make it different in many kinds would be a way to make it proc again as in for example on consuming "All charges to spin again in a rapid sequence" or something along that lines. And maybe in addition to this during the 2nd proc you can have the choice to teleport again in a short distance for the next Attack animation/cast (half the distance of your first teleport, [supporting active gameplay and knowing your surroundings and judgement of a mechanic you can master instead of just throwing into a socket and killing everything] or teleport very shortly right under yourself meaning you go no where. This also allows double stacking on 2 targets in the same group if you didn't kill the pack with the first swipes. I haven't seen a way to make it somewhat balanced other then consuming charges. If it procs on crit then people would only build into crit which would limit it.

The main idea is to bring the Witch out of the only kind of meta it has been in only using staffs and wands, Summoning, etc. but instead using a huge scythe. (unrealistic but true to the dark theme of the main selling point of the game, Death = Scythe = Blood = HueKAUhuEkAUkeUeUwekAU

"Alchemy Explosion" *** (Cast, AoE, Flat Spell Damage)
The 2nd skill i other had in mind to be a second thing to go with it is a charge based remote detonate. How i see this working is the 2nd target hit by "Fury Splitter" or the first skill i mentioned will have any charges that you have gained recently will be transferred to the target and opens the option to detonate those charges for an AoE blast that also affects surrounding monsters. The reason for 2nd or 3rd would mean you cant just hit a boss onetime to gains charge stacks on the boss then detonate all and oneshot, which in meaning you would have to proc one or 2 times to have max charge stacks on your single target.

"Charge Distortion" *** (Attack, Minion)?
My last thought would be in using you scythe Pulling it back behind your body and swinging it over your shoulder to slam into the ground, now after could be anything and even before as in such thing a new type of skill as being some kind of charge effect before your attack or just being a slower animation as in slamming your scythe into the ground making an effect that would indicate some kind of single/AoE damage. When inso hitting the ground you open a portal to your recent victims Having them appear through the vortex you've open by slicing the air into the ground having them peer through sands of time and using their skills to aid you for a brief moment. Now this is the skill that i would most likely not see a chance at getting added but it's a different idea.
Spoiler
And i know what you're thinking No I don't want to play Sunder, Earthquake, Ice whatever. I'm talking like a legit charge based skill.

Inturn with these skills remove the whole meta of having a movement skill which i find very distracting to getting immersed into being my character and my own exile, Seeing templars that produce spiders and spin in circles around maps is cool and all alot of clear speed but doesn't seem right to me.

To Jonathan R. & Chris W.
I want that old medium difficulty gameplay that takes up your time and immerses you into your character and how he or she evolves into this monster killing God Level 100 character that you can be proud of Back when Elebuzzsaw was the meta i quit even trying to care about getting to Level 100 cause i feel like you're already to strong at Level 86 or 88 you hit that medium to fast of good damage and Self sustained life pool, And in all honesty i will probly fight Shaper once and say that was cool then get back to trading and grinding maps or farming atziri cause i don't think personally its the mobs that need buff's to make it harder i think the skills we have now are literally just to strong *cough* CI Blade Vortex *cough cough* some times it's good to have intricate ways of dealing with PvE without smashing Whirling blades and holding left click then porting out when you're finished and repeating. But i can't argue that to much cause most of the skills are basically that but just the idea of instead of having Power,Frenzy,Endurance charges on you and either using discharge or stacking them for buffs, the idea of transferring them and using them on enemies is kinda the second main point of this thread.

IF YOU HAVE READ ALL OF THE ABOVE, THANK YOUUUUUU for your time if you read every detail i added in this thread i hope this gets you thinking of some newish type builds you have been wanting to try, Thanks again.

MY IDEA IS TAKEN FROM VINDICTUS I am not asking for a copy to be put into the game but the idea of it being a scythe equipt mage with a teleport slice skill. I am really dedicated to seeing if this could have a shot at being in the game i will be checking the post everyday and responde with my thoughts on the matter. I hope this doesn't get to much negativity because i am a decently longtime player and everyday im thinking of ways on doing this "mage axe/scythe build but yet to be ways on doing it" I love build diversity and this is one way to impliment it in my opiniion. thanks for reading.

And appreciate your thoughts on this.
North America, Favorite food Chicken and Pineapple pizza, favorite color orange
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by SantelinaKnti on Oct 7, 2016, 7:30:22 PM
Last bumped on Oct 11, 2016, 12:29:08 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Info update for 2nd skill.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by SantelinaKnti on May 28, 2016, 4:32:31 AM
What is it that makes scythe-wielding women so popular? This is the third game in a month I've seen a post like this.
"
Trylobyte wrote:
What is it that makes scythe-wielding women so popular? This is the third game in a month I've seen a post like this.

To me its the aspect of I'm small but i can swing high type vibe every game has unrealistic tones 7/10 times you give a guy with abs about 5,11 inches tall a greatsword that weighs over a ton swing it in rapid succession of course people are going to want to choose him.

I'm like that except my character is a female and it's just a different look... lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by SantelinaKnti on Oct 6, 2016, 10:45:15 PM
"
Gauhron wrote:

Nice (Spell damage, Elemental damage) Scythes there keep up the good work!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Harvest

No spell damage, but you can do a caster build with that one, works pretty well I hear (I unfortunately didn't buy one when they were cheap)
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Harvest

No spell damage, but you can do a caster build with that one, works pretty well I hear (I unfortunately didn't buy one when they were cheap)

Yeah the harvest is cool i suppose but let's be honest i didn't describe Blade Vortex as the type of skills assc. with the type of unique or what not to be created or ST update nor do i think anyone wants to continue playing blade vortex.

This post isn't asking for a weapon of choice but a character type update for witch and new skills to be added that assc. with Scythes that are already in the game or to be added.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info