The Endgame Labyrinth

It's looking good.

But I still don't like helmet echantment system. It's designed only for trading purpouses. Enchanting my own helmet (for example crafted warband helmet) feels like complete waste of time. And occasional second chance thanks to prophecy doesn't change anything. There should be some compromise!
How about for example new orb (drop only in labyrinth, worth ~2 ex) which allows you to move enchantment to another item of the same type?

Anyway thanks for sharing. Looking forward to try it.
Last edited by Langhun on May 25, 2016, 6:03:28 AM
"
Lab is probably the main reason driving me to play softcore instead of hardcore. Me playing sc means that Ill be playing this game a lot less than normal.

Mission accomplished.

Really need the lab to play hardcore ? Lawl
"
Lynxdragon wrote:
For the love of dominus, Make enchants a tradeable consumable item that you get from the end of the lab. It will add another layer of trading to the game, and will give access to a lot more players. Or allow a method of moving of enchants from one helm to another at the expense of currency or the old item or something... Or as others said, you 'learn' enchants that you can then add on a crafting bench at the end of the lab. Each run you could either learn a new one, or add an enchant that would be a much better system that makes people still do the lab.

Like, Its a good idea and adds depth to builds but the RNG of it is discouraging and it doesn't allow casual players access because it's too time consuming.

And then there is the hybrid builds that can't access it at all, I'm currently having to drag people through the lab and there in there mid 80's and can't do merc lab yet...

u said it all
"
Daiena wrote:
Spoiler
"
So the new lab will do two things, alienate players and make the hyper rich 0.001% of the game more hyper rich.

Most of the feedback to this project is negative on the forums and you have used the excuse that it is a "vocal minority" to save face on the issue. However, if those dedicated and knowledgeable enough to voice their opinions here overwhelmingly oppose your choices, logically derive what that means for the general population of the game. Most people will barely be able to run regular lab with the gear they have, so when they reach this new tier riddled with instant death they will likely do it once or twice, die horribly and just pay someone to run them through for their points. You have recently talked about your vision of what path of exile should be in the most recent state of exile video as a game one can come home to and enjoy while potentially watching TV while having to return your attention to it when a difficult enemy or mechanic presents itself. I do not understand then why you keep pushing for content that is then punishingly difficult. You are not catering to the general populace like you say you want to but instead produce more and more content that only the hyper rich or dedicated will have access to.

You have also stated that you are satisfied with how much diversity you have in the content of the game as of now, how saturated the content is. Then why push this Lab project so hard? It exhibits the kind of mechanics that only a scumbag second rate game would use for player retention, incredibly low percent to acquire items, immense time necessary to do so, and immense wealth needed to even try which of course leads to more time sunk into the game. Changes in the way this content is approached are needed, there needs to be a more deterministic way of acquiring them. No one is asking for handouts here, but what you are doing at the moment is unbearable and will likely cause more damage to the game than any benefit it will provide.

I also find your attitude towards the whole tier 4 as rather offensive. Leaving out information and saying you are looking forward to the twitch streams feels incredibly childish. Like a dungeon master wringing his hands in front of his party in anticipation of watching them die in the unfair garbage he set up to make himself feel smart.

=========================================================

Also to those clamoring that you don't need to run the lab for the enchants and can just buy them, you know in demand enchants that people actually want to get will be going for 20-50ex when tier 4 comes out. Its naive to think people will not corner the market and price gouge those who don't want to waste their time to death.

I usually just lurk,i don't really post that often but i was about to write a wall of text as a response but quite honestly it's not worth it,all i can say is that perhaps you are playing the wrong game.
You are the vocal minority,even more so it seems that you are a casual vocal minority which means that your opinion is strongly biased toward easy pickings.
Here is how this works and always has: They announce new league,few people whine that it's gonna be bad and basically will fail,and almost every time they set new records for participant numbers in those leagues.

You don't have the time to sink in to the game? then don't,there are plenty of builds that cost few exalts and can clear almost anything up to and at times including uber piety.
And wtf is that thing about immense wealth needed to even try? This league i played charge generator SRS,the gear that i got on my character cost me in total maybe around 1.5/2 exalts,that's about 5 exalts in total on STD,and i am at the point where i could in theory clear whatever the game has as long as it doesn't involve blood magic. Now unless the new lab is on par with Uber piety,i really don't think it's gonna be an issue at all. So again...vocal minority.

P.S. most of us who play the game like there is no tomorrow just learn to live with whatever we get thrown at,the players that have no issue taking on whatever challenge they throw at us without us getting buttclenched over it,trust me when i tell you there are more of us than you can imagine.

Let me begin by stating that you have clearly no fucking idea what you are talking about.

I am not going to wave my e-peen around, but suffice it to say I am a dedicated player with wealth and over 1.5k hours of game time. YOU are an elitist idiot who can not if his life depended on it wrap your head around the concept that its not people like you who keep a game alive and afloat. If half a game's content is out of reach for players who can't play as much as you and me it means they will likely not stick to the game. It means they will likely not invest in the game either, it means over time bad decisions add up and everyone pays the cost. I am concerned with that, because I like playing the game. Wealth is not a barrier for me, but it most certainly is for most people who play the game and do not want to deal with the toxicity of trade or the grind.

So the next time you decide to stop lurking and make a patronizing, smartass comment about something you can't get through your thick skull, don't, literally everyone will be better off for it.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on May 25, 2016, 6:31:30 AM
Can't wait for the lab!
Last edited by Gangdu on May 25, 2016, 6:29:08 AM
Oh dear, this labyrinth-pressure is getting worse and worse. It has to be a very rainy Summer to make me want to play this. To all those who tell us "vocal minority" players that the lab is optional: Would you run a char that leaves all of the key-skills behind in a game that is and will be balanced around them? Guess having more than 4 links on gear is totally optional too in that perspective.
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
Content sounds cool.

I like the plan for implementing lab, but dcing and stability issues on lab are already an issue. Option (not forced) to resume from where you dced would be great.

thanks overall though ggg - looking forward to it.
"
vorpik wrote:
So what does Scion get with 2 more points ?

One additional passive point (and some attributes) if you chose a 'full' path of another class, and two passives if you chose double ascendancy. (if they dont change something in her ascendancy tree)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
What's the end labyrinth's monsters and items level?
"
fasknifer wrote:
What's the end labyrinth's monsters and items level?

The T4 enchants are listed as level 75, therefore T4 labs should be anywhere around Lv75 to Lv77.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info