Request: Please Make Voltaxic Legacy in Standard

I know other threads on this topic exist.

I played PoE a couple of years ago, and prices back then were sky high. What made it more difficult is that I really enjoy playing self-found. My favorite character was a Frenzy-LA ranger, and I managed to get my hands on an excellent 420 DPS bow. Nevertheless, one of my goals was to one day acquire a 6L Voltaxic!

After a long hiatus, I decided to try PoE again in the Perandus league, and it has been nothing short of fantastic. I played almost exclusively self-found, opting for builds that were based around Cadiro deals. Managed to get a Maligaro's and Rat's Nest very early, and then the amazing happened - got a Voltaxic in a Waste Pool map as a drop. I'm not sure I can explain how exciting that was, because I don't normally enjoy the trading aspect and getting my hands on powerful uniques isn't so easy.

I was really looking forward to continue playing my Frenzy/LA Ranger using the Voltaxic in Standard in addition to playing in the new Prophecy league. Standard is filled with powerful rares and legacy uniques, and it would be nice to continue enjoying something that is so powerful that I finally got as a T1 drop after playing for so many hours. Standard is supposed to be the league where you get a chance to enjoy the overpoweredness, while the temp leagues is where we play for a much more balanced experience.

So I'd like to urge GGG to reconsider on behalf of players such as myself, who play largely self found and would like to continue enjoying the fruits of our labors in standard. On top of that, if someone like me wishes to try some other powerful builds in the future, then the Voltaxic will likely offer a lot of purchasing power and keep me more interested and engaged once I inevitably tire of my LA build.

I would also urge GGG to reconsider out of more general considerations - given that there is so much gambling and luck in the game, it would be nice if certain rules are always set in stone, such as hard-earned uniques never changing in standard.
Last edited by DicemanX on May 24, 2016, 1:34:03 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 4:53:56 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Unless you have an entire army backing you with this; The decision is likely to be final which is fucking stupid but hey.

It is what it is.

I'd be mad if I was a standard player personally.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Unless you have an entire army backing you with this; The decision is likely to be final which is fucking stupid but hey.

Perhaps, but it never hurts to ask. The overwhelming majority don't get to voice their opinions anyways, so GGG has to base the decision more on reason rather than demand.

From a gaming perspective I'd also be fine with them nerfing standard items across the board, but from a player perspective I know that wouldn't be a nice thing to do to those that invested a lot of time playing. All I really want is consistency either way - either continue to legacy the overpowered items in standard, or don't do it at all and roll back the "mistake" to the very beginning.
Personally, I have no issue with it staying as is in standard. standard is where our currency and items go to die, and if someone will make good use of them , who really should care?
Please either change all or none of them.
Legacy items are stupid. Voltaxic is changed for a reason. This reason applies to Standard as well.

I was very happy when I saw that this change, for once, will not create legacy items.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Legacy items are stupid. Voltaxic is changed for a reason. This reason applies to Standard as well.

I was very happy when I saw that this change, for once, will not create legacy items.

Not sure what about the change to Volt makes you so happy, given that standard is filled with significantly more powerful items. This isn't going to make much of a dent in the power level in the league - all it will do is unnecessarily penalize those lucky enough to get their hands on a volt with a desire to keep playing with it in standard AND to have greater pruchasing power in the future. Standard really doesn't have all that much appeal compared to the temp leagues - the chance to enjoy the overpoweredness is one of the few things going for it.

This is not to say that I disagree with your sentiment about Legacy items. However, it's not a good idea to be so inconsistent. Either make it a policy not to have any legacy items at all and make it retroactive to the beginning, or continue making legacy items and ackowledge standard for what it currently is.

Last edited by DicemanX on May 24, 2016, 2:41:39 PM
Taking a 100% voltaxic and moving them to 60% across the board is one thing. From an economy standpoint, speculators don't get a payoff for the investment risk they take but a global item change like that without creating legacy has precedent. It has been done before.

Taking an existing legacy 75% consuming dark and a current 50% consuming dark and moving them both to 30% is something else entirely. That kind of retroactive existing legacy nerf is unprecedented. Economy wise, it's sucking value from players who may have already paid a premium to buy a legacy which had existed for 3+ months.

It's also really lame to balance consuming dark in a way that requires 2 to be used for builds that desire majority chaos conversion. They should have adjusted the stacking rather than make 1x consuming dark ineffectual.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 24, 2016, 2:55:40 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
Taking a 100% voltaxic and moving them to 60% across the board is one thing.

Taking an existing legacy 75% consuming dark and a current 50% consuming dark and moving them both to 30% is something else entirely. That kind of retroactive existing legacy nerf is unprecedented.

Actually I'm not sure if they both are moved to 30%.

Since I still doubt that they look for all the items in the database and change the values. I think they will change the mechanic. So a value of 100 gives an item 60% conversation, which would mean the value of 75 a legacy consuming dark has will change to 45%

If they however actually have a way to identify all items and roll them over it would basically mean that there are no legacy items ever in the future. However right now I kinda doubt that, so I guess they just changed the mod mechanic.

So with 2 legacy consuming darks and an infernal mantle (which should drop to 15%) it would still be possible to achieve 100% conversion.
legacy items only generate more monopolies in economy. nothing more.

no legacies anymore please, thanks
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info