Game won't finish loading up

It normally takes about 3 minutes for POE to load up to log in screen. Now it's just not happening. The tech team did maintenance recently. That's all I have to go on. Anyone else having loading issues today?
Last bumped on May 24, 2016, 6:00:03 PM
Are you using Steam or Stand-alone client?
"
Drakier wrote:
Are you using Steam or Stand-alone client?

Not using Steam, so I assume I'm using Stand-alone.
Update: the game finished loading up. It took almost 10 minutes. I restarted the computer and tried again. I don't know what that was all about, never happen before. The load up time for my computer is very predictable and takes about 3 minutes to load up each time, sometimes a little less. I wonder if this has something to do with the recent tech maintenance. I hope I don't have trouble playing this game in days to come.
Last edited by Nebula9824 on May 24, 2016, 1:36:22 PM
If you're using the Stand-alone client (web client, not Steam), then you might want to try running the GGPK Defrag application linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post.

This will compress your Content.ggpk file and should improve load times across the board. Part of this process is to pull the files to be contiguous so that they can be read through the file sequentially and the client doesn't have to jump around the file to get the contents. It also puts all the blocks next to each other to reduce the file size and overhead.
"
Drakier wrote:
If you're using the Stand-alone client (web client, not Steam), then you might want to try running the GGPK Defrag application linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post.

This will compress your Content.ggpk file and should improve load times across the board. Part of this process is to pull the files to be contiguous so that they can be read through the file sequentially and the client doesn't have to jump around the file to get the contents. It also puts all the blocks next to each other to reduce the file size and overhead.

I couldn't find a link to that during a search. Do you have a link on how to do this? Is there a file in Windows explorer of POE that I need to open up and run? I only know how to defrag my computer, which I do regularly.
It's linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post on this forum under a link called "GGPK Defragmenter"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info