Hey guys... i'm back!

Man that sucks, hopefully you return one day. This and the many other posts like this all point towards GGG saying that we both want and need a second or even third layer of authentication for our accounts.
Man's Hurbris is such a fickle thing.
I dont know you or never red your guides nevertheless I am really sorry what happened. As people and game is still here I believe many friends would like to you play with you again and when time of grieving ends you can always return to place which you created, is irreplaceable and always belongs to you. Best wishes and good luck.
Additional security layer incoming this year for sure.
Last thing path of exile need is a reputation of strainer in term of security.

Btw all game company are facing troubles regarding the security train along the years. It has a cost and it's evolving really fast.
Hf :)
KorgothBG, I am so sorry for this news. We've never met in-game, but I feel like I know you from your posts and think of you as a kindred spirit. I've gained so much from your guilds (including my favorite flicker), and am grateful that you've always answered in measured and respectful tones, even when others were not so.

I'm a noob player and have paltry resources. But, I'm happy to pitch if the community wants to set up a pool and get you another Headhunter. I know it's not much considering your losses, but I hope that the gesture can give you a measure of comfort and some inspiration to rejoin the game.
Lol, I literally give away shit when I finish a league. Lot of people do. Maybe you could play that way and be ok.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
So my question is.. isnt that setup on your account as well?

If you check his edits you'll see that yes, he dose have the feature enabled, and subsequently found the unlock code email telling him that the IP address of the attempted login was in the Ukraine

DAMN that REALLy sucks.. That can only mean they had his Email info as well. Because ive noticed when my account locks and asks for the code it does this even with the correct POE PW. That means somehow they were able to get his POE and Email stuff. Really fucking lame people do this kinda shit.

I just thought of something.. If they (GGG) can see the IP and where it was accessed from them couldn't they also possibly link it to the IP the person uses for their own account and ban the person? Since the person obviously plays the game and had to transfer all his stuff to another account.. THEIR account.. Thats basically busted right there. I wouldnt think it would be too hard to figure out the account that did this and atleast ban the person or try to get the stuff back from them or something. Seems like there would be some kind of trail. Even if they are using alt accounts the stuff has to end up on someone's actual account for its all said and done i would think.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 25, 2016, 8:00:30 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hey guys ... i know that this wouldn't come out as it should .. but i guess i'm kind of emotional at this point.

You see i've started playing PoE in Closed Beta in march 2012 after a friend told me about it. I've played path of exile fanatically ever since ... with more than 10k hours of gameplay. I've tried so many builds, i've reached the maximum capacity of characters so many times ( then deleting some of them ) and i had so much fun doing that. I've made some rather popular guides throughout the years, the flicker striker was even highlighted by GGG ( and a guy reached N1 slayer with it in the Perandus flashback event ) ... i've even took care of the Duelist, Templar and Marauder build lists.

I've played only solo, rarely traded ... never flipped an item, never scammed a player, never took advantage of the lack of knowledge of a newbie ( stupid i know ), for some reason i rarely played FoTM builds too ( at least not when they were popular ) ... because of all that i guess i was never really a "rich" player. I never had a mirror or a mirrored item, but slowly i was able to get good amount of currency ... really slowly ... by farming... by spending time in Wraeclast killing things, again and again. I had the following goal for my currency - making a collection of all existing uniques ( league only included ), that was extremely difficult until Perandus, when i was able to get most of the league-only uniques that i needed ( i still wasn't able to get the expensive stuff like skyforth or even acuity ) . At some point i've sold .. most of the things that i wasn't using ( or that i didn't need for the collection ) and bought a Headhunter .. oh man that was a glorious day! ( a month ago i think )

Anyway today i tried to log into my account just to find out that my password was incorrect... i already knew what happened but i still had some hope. After changing my password i was finally able to log-in just to find out that almost everything valuable was gone ... sure i still have more than many players and some of you would say "first world problems" and i guess they will be right. Some might say "pff Perandus is almost over who cares for STD anyway" ... well i care ... those things represented 10000 hours of my life ... that's more than an year of my life ... stolen. I cannot continue my 3-year old guides any more either... i don't have the needed items anymore .. or even the needed gems. Some might say "It's bad .. but deal with it and just start again with Prophecy" .. but i can't ... not yet anyway.

In any case i'm glad for all those years, it was truly fun, after all the h'n's aRPG genre is my favorite and PoE is definitely my favorite h'n's aRPG . I'm not a rich guy in real life ( more because the country that i'm from is rather poor ) but i've supported GGG as much as i could ... because of my guides some guys donated me some cash ... and it all went to GGG, and i'm happy with that ... and i don't regret it. I hope that i was able to help some of you, at least i've always tried. And in the end .. i can only say .. thank you guys and good luck!

P.S.
Probably i will be lurking the forums from now on.

EDIT: I was able to find out that my account was accessed from "Odessa, Odes'ka Oblast', Ukraine" .. i'm not from Ukraine btw
Hey! Could be worse. Get banned and lose it all. It's not a problem to get around the ban but it does require a completely fresh start.

P.S. At least Odessa is a really cool city for your goods to reside.
"
Demonoz wrote:

I just thought of something.. If they (GGG) can see the IP and where it was accessed from them couldn't they also possibly link it to the IP the person uses for their own account and ban the person? Since the person obviously plays the game and had to transfer all his stuff to another account.. THEIR account.. Thats basically busted right there. I wouldnt think it would be too hard to figure out the account that did this and atleast ban the person or try to get the stuff back from them or something. Seems like there would be some kind of trail. Even if they are using alt accounts the stuff has to end up on someone's actual account for its all said and done i would think.

All it would take to get around that would be a proxy or vpn really.

@KorgothBG: Sorry for your loss and thank you for the great effort you put into your guides and the build lists. ♥
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
@blainicus
Well there is a difference - it's like the difference between giving cash to a beggar and getting mugged on the street.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

I just thought of something.. If they (GGG) can see the IP and where it was accessed from them couldn't they also possibly link it to the IP the person uses for their own account and ban the person?
All it would take to get around that would be a proxy or vpn really.♥
That won't do. But a 5 dollar part and a new ip works wonders. Don't even have to do it yourself. Put the $5 part in and have the cable company come out and fix your broken internet. Watch and you'll know how to do it yourself from that point forward.
Last edited by LOOZING on May 26, 2016, 1:35:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info