Ascendancy limiting build diversity

I agree, ascendancy´s should be more generic. They basicly suffer form the same flaw´s like the regular tree. Some ascendancy´s are even like Mainboard´s, like i should pick block for Gladiator, krit and powercharges for assasin. That´s why i generaly lean toward´s leach classes, at least they solve leach.

I can live with a couple waisted point´s, but not if the whole ascendany is waisted.
For example, i realy want to build a CI,Cwdt,CoMk,Pathfinder and i realy need the mini surgeon for the wormflask´s, but i obviously dont care for attackspeed or livegain from flask´s.

Anyway´s ascendancy suck´s ;P
Well it seems the majority doesnt feel limited by the Ascendancies and I can live with it.

BTW I dont recommend using Dual Ranged Attack Totem Power Siphon ( or any wand skill ) for levelling - even though the final build gets 700%+ increased damage just from the tree levelling it is horrible ^^

I even found a somewhat useful Ascendancy : http://poeurl.com/DkX
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on May 24, 2016, 7:30:22 AM
"
Pwnzors87 wrote:
I agree, ascendancy´s should be more generic.

It already is pretty generic,any more and it would be exactly the same as the rest of the tree.
Though I do not have any issues with ascendancy classes, I do understand people seeing them as being forced into specific specs for the ascendancy classes that come with it.

There are two solutions for this problem that I could think off:
1: Unlock ascendancy classes from their primary class. Meaning that no matter what the primary class is(witch, shadow etc), you can pick ANY ascendancy class. So you can have scion occultists, or witch ascendants etc etc.
2: Make the starting point of each ascendacy wheel an ascendancy changer. And by sacrificing one ascendancy point into it, allow players to change their ascendancy class to whatever they want.
If no offensive ascendancies help your character, then take defensive ones.

What's wrong with using juggernaut on that totem wander?

What's wrong with using occultist's ES branch?

Champion's fortify branch?

I think you just aren't thinking creatively enough.
"
AdFinitum wrote:
After having played most Vanilla builds and more this league I noticed more than once recently that a lot of creative builds are not supported by an Ascendancy. While you can do them it feels like they wont be able to compete with meta builds / deal with a lot of content in a satisfying way because they are not supported.

A recent example : Ranged Attack Power Siphon Totems

Even if we say that you are right about some builds not getting anything from ascendancy (which I don't think) Ranged Attack Power Siphon Totems was a bad idea before ascendancy and it's a bad idea now. Nothing's really changed for it. If you still wanted to make it there are a lot of ascendancies that would nevertheless help it be better than before. Not sure why you think there aren't.

"
Witch Occultist only has Wicked Ward which is useful because it can be used as mana replacement but basically everything else would be useless

Templar Hierophant only has Ritual of Awakening ( which is so weak on its own that no one uses it ) - the rest is only semi useful for the build

Any other class has even less useful Ascendancy passives for that build.

I feel you just haven't thought about this enough, try some more.

"
Ascendancies should be way more open to non meta builds. E.g. Cast speed nodes should most of the time support attacks as well and vice versa, AoE nodes should support Projectile Speed as well, Spell Damage <> Attack Damage and so on. It is not like it would be too dangerous since Attack builds going for a caster acendancy would get those benefits from their own Ascendancies anyways and vice versa.

While some Ascendancies are quiet flexible most are not. E.g. Deadeye is such a good class for projectiles but all those restrictive attack speed nodes make it feel bad for e.g. Casters...

Just because some builds are more expressly supported doesn't make alternative builds that only make use of the more interesting mechanical properties into bad builds. They could actually still be better without this. I don't think you've actually tried any and just stared yourself blind on the themed mini nodes.

"
Just my opinion. Instead of adding diversity Ascendancy lessened it quiet a bit.

Things were only added. I can literally not think of any build not benefitting from ascendancies. Yes some things will probably have more synergy than Ranged Attack Power Siphon Totems, but that's no different from before.
"
AdFinitum wrote:

A recent example : Ranged Attack Power Siphon Totems

Witch Occultist only has Wicked Ward which is useful because it can be used as mana replacement but basically everything else would be useless

Templar Hierophant only has Ritual of Awakening ( which is so weak on its own that no one uses it ) - the rest is only semi useful for the build

Any other class has even less useful Ascendancy passives for that build.

Power Siphon is a projectile attack and you're putting on a totem, yet youre only looking at Witch and Templar? Chieftan is the totem class and Deadeye is the projectile class. Maybe take a look at those :)

With that said I think ranged attack totem is a bit underpowered compared to the other stuff that's running around, so it's not entirely fair to blame Ascendancy for not supporting it - it would be worse than other builds if none allocated any ascendancy points.
All builds that were viable before ascendancy are still viable after.

There are builds that weren't possible before ascendancy that are now possible because of it.

So no builds were hurt because of ascendancy and we have new builds because of it what would you say that means for build diversity?
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Build diversity? Come the fuck on, all endgame viable builds involve different methods of applying the same full-screen AoE of death multiple times per second.
"
brgillespie wrote:
Build diversity? Come the fuck on, all endgame viable builds involve different methods of applying the same full-screen AoE of death multiple times per second.

Your confusing viable with efficient.

A common mistake?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info