Star of Wraeclast - An insight to how vendor recipie items roll stats

It create a chill ground like the boss, it is not just an instant teleport lol
"
Zephryl wrote:
"
MajorThor wrote:
Now we're getting somewhere! Did you make all of those Stars, or were those simply "potentials" that were in the vendor screen?

Can see the vendor window slightly through the screenshots, so I'd assume they are all potential ones (Besides the one he linked to a later post, which he actually crafted)

Yes I have only made one , usuially we cant see the result as it is un identified

As this item is corrupt we can see it before we accept the trade.

I played with combinations about 4 rings and 30 necks (i only had one LW gem to use) until I found a short list of the best ones. Getting 50% cold damage is not too hard but getting 50% cold damage and 15 all res will take a while, I settled for 49% cold and 15 all res (but ill make some more when I level 2 more lightning warps)

The thing i find interesting is that this implies for example I made this the other day:

(you trade in 2 belts for this belt)

What I am seeing from the above means that the stats on it were probally rolled before i even identified it , this would not have really helped me get one with a better roll but its interesting to know what you trade in does dictate the stats of what you get out (even if its in a way we cant control).
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
I think I remember something about location in the vendor window affecting... something... Implicits maybe? Specific rolls of something?

I can't really remember, but I know at some point that position in the window affected something in the result.

Also, I'm not convinced that Chilled Ground is worth an 8 second cooldown personally. Shorter cooldowns, charges, secondary effect... all things that would make it worth it.
"
Zephryl wrote:
I think I remember something about location in the vendor window affecting... something... Implicits maybe? Specific rolls of something?

I can't really remember, but I know at some point that position in the window affected something in the result.

Also, I'm not convinced that Chilled Ground is worth an 8 second cooldown personally. Shorter cooldowns, charges, secondary effect... all things that would make it worth it.

I tried on different characters in different towns and the stats of the resulting star were identical, When you mean move the window what do you mean? I dont seem to be able to move trade windows.

I also tried things like putting them in differet orders , restarting the game etc, im fairly confident the vendor uses the items as some sort of seed for the star you are going to recieve.

It sort of makes sense, otherwise you could just close the trade windo and re trade the same items untill you get a perfect one, sigh people are buying all the lightning warps I have 2 level 19 but they will take a while to level so any more testing will be a while away for me.
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on May 24, 2016, 3:07:03 AM
I honestly can't remember what it was for, but I know that something was affected by the items position in the Vendor Window. So, you'd put an item in and then if you didn't like the outcome you could move the item a few squares and get a different outcome.

I have a 20% level 19 and a 0% 19... But no Vaal Orbs...

I want to get my 20% to level 20 before I ruin it by Vaaling anyway, in case I get 21. Probably better to do it at 19 now that I think about it anyway, since 21 ones don't actually work (Though I guess if you 21'd it you'd just sell it and buy another...)
"
Zephryl wrote:
"
MajorThor wrote:
So in order to get top rolls I'd have to vendor 30 Amulets, 5 Rings and the Gem?

You swap the rings/amulets in and out. You can see the results you'll get before you accept, and it's based on what you're putting in. So, you just try different rings and amulets until you get the rolls you're happy with, and then vendor those ones.

Which is exactly how it has always worked when doing a vendor recipe for an item with any stats that have a range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info