HACKED, See if GGG cares. Read Bellow (Long)

Very Very Well said...
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
shahmat1972 wrote:

I have been hacked in other games

So maybe the problem is within you and not in GGG\PoE.

No, seriously.
There are guys with with dozens of mirrored items (for sale\service), but it is you who was "hacked".
There are thousands of people with much greater wealth than you have, but it is exactly you who was "hacked".

There are tons of people (aside from those obvious wealthy guys who should've been "hacked" in the first place) who wasn't "hacked" in PoE AND in "other games". I wonder, why...

And such threads pop up on monthly basis. And it is always innocent & "hacked" fair player, who never did anything suspicious\"provocative".
Yup. World plot against fair player(s).

Very much this.

You've been hacked on paypal and in other video games?

Is your password "password" or something? I don't care how old you are, getting hacked on more than one thing in your entire life means there's something wrong with you.
Last edited by codetaku on May 27, 2016, 4:49:38 PM
Lately this continues to be mentioned and it's a repetitive thing. Recently, I was almost hacked. I say almost because of this:

I am not any high tech computer junkie, but I know what can and cannot happen to accounts. I understand social engineering and other tactics used. When reading this post, I feel awful for OP. I really do, but a small part of me wonders. He's got years of experience protecting his things and claims he's never been hacked - but no email prompt of access to your account? That makes me wonder if he actually tried protecting his account.

Gmail for sure and there might even be others, that will text you about email access. If I login elsewhere or someone's breaking in - I have a text immediately. But not only that, I use a program that generates passwords in encrypted vaults. So I don't even know my own passwords - only the entry key and even then encrypted. Someone tried accessing my Steam account and I was emailed and texted immediately. I shut down my steam, de-linked my account and even for safety measures where it could have possibly been someone I knew - I made a new email that I would never use, to make a new steam with this same encryption thing and now it's secure again.

If anyone makes an account, I strongly recommend Gmail or emails that use this phone method plus an encryption program because things like this happen. Everything should be encrypted, generated, authenticated, and phone setup is almost mandatory.

Given OP's background I'm shocked none of this happened. If it was, this would have been preventable. Sorry you lost your stuff but, there were measures that could have stopped this act from happening.
"
Piftiuta wrote:
In the end GGG is the only one who can stop this hackings.
If they want.
They can look through logs, find the items, return them, ban/delete the accounts involved in hacking.
GGG should do this couple of times and won't be worthing the time and effort for hacking as you will gain only a ban.
The best way to deal with hackers.

yep, they will immediately give up hacking into accounts if ggg bans one of their accounts and they have to restart the script which auto creates another one with a random email address.

the reason they don't reimburse hacked players is: once they do that, malicious players around the world will claim they got hacked after giving their items and currencies to other players. they have nothing to lose if they don't supported the game and get caught.

ggg conssists of around 80 people with maybe 5 or 6 of them doing support. one case of investigation will take an hour or two, there are several 100k players, you can do the math yourself, 20 cases of hacking each day and support is busy restoring items and writing emails.

big ass companies do run customer support centres in third world countries handling the cases for them, it's simply not feasible for a small company to do that or pay for it.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
shahmat1972 wrote:

I have been hacked in other games

So maybe the problem is within you and not in GGG\PoE.

No, seriously.
There are guys with with dozens of mirrored items (for sale\service), but it is you who was "hacked".
There are thousands of people with much greater wealth than you have, but it is exactly you who was "hacked".

There are tons of people (aside from those obvious wealthy guys who should've been "hacked" in the first place) who wasn't "hacked" in PoE AND in "other games". I wonder, why...

And such threads pop up on monthly basis. And it is always innocent & "hacked" fair player, who never did anything suspicious\"provocative".
Yup. World plot against fair player(s).

Very much this.

Is your password "password" or something? I don't care how old you are, getting hacked on more than one thing in your entire life means there's something wrong with you.

Over 30 years, so yeah...learned a few things along the way
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
"

Very much this.

Over 30 years, so yeah...learned a few things along the way

Apparently not... Don't think you quite even understood that Hikaru was questioning your whole defense of how amazing you are at preventing hacks...

In support of what Hikaru is saying, I am 23, only been hacked in one game and that was Runescape when I was like 12... and I was "hacked" by my best friend who managed to guess my password when he found somebody giving a really good deal on some items I wanted while I was away on vacation.

If you have over 30 years experience, there is pretty much no way this happened by chance. Most people will come to the conclusion that you visit risky sites/do risky things on the internet that you aren't willing to admit or your password is literally the easiest thing to guess in the world.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on May 31, 2016, 2:42:58 AM
"
shahmat1972 wrote:

Today I logged into my PoE account and was not even prompted with the (Hey, we don't know this IP email check).

"
shahmat1972 wrote:

I can log on...run a map or 7 and when my wife hits me up (She is immune to stun and silence)

Ooohhhhh daym..
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
I feel you brother.Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago,when i try to log in and couldnt.
i play the game from 2012,and i manage to achieve many great items in these years,legacys,currencys/6L's etc....and all for what,to get a mail from GGG that they sprry but they cant to do nothing.they advise me to change my password and say sorry and feel me.after so much time.money and health they only can say,we are sorrt for you,change the password and thats it.
i think here,the big fish in this game(the guys who have 10k+ mirrors and if u see them in town,they dont have a single MTX spend on them,but they offer mirror serverice)are hand to hand with hackers.
i dont want to give name,cause its not 1st time when i was muted for houres and even 1 day bann cause i point finger a 'player' like that and a GGG staf told muted me.aaa yes,i can say my account was hack exactly in the day when i visit a big streamer of this game,and he put the link of download some script for fast log-out from the game in the description.after i instal,the next log in,i couldnt cause my account was hacked.so bottom line.
so in conclusion and end>>>play this game on your risk and if you are hacked,say good bye to all your items,even if the hacker its next to you in sarn city and sell your items(this happened to me,the seller a lvl 35 with the name :hsahsahahsaas: was in sarn and sell my legacys,etc....)
i love the game,but GGG dont do nothing in case of hard times for a dedicated player of this game.
they even should put a in-game password system at your stash,like in many other games,where u are protected even in-game with passwords.
I wish you gl mate and i know your felling,cause i feel it also,and ti hurst like hell :(
ps/sorry for my english
"
Apparently not... Don't think you quite even understood that Hikaru was questioning your whole defense of how amazing you are at preventing hacks...

In support of what Hikaru is saying, I am 23, only been hacked in one game and that was Runescape when I was like 12... and I was "hacked" by my best friend who managed to guess my password when he found somebody giving a really good deal on some items I wanted while I was away on vacation.

If you have over 30 years experience, there is pretty much no way this happened by chance. Most people will come to the conclusion that you visit risky sites/do risky things on the internet that you aren't willing to admit or your password is literally the easiest thing to guess in the world.

Exactly. If you get hacked, 95% of the time it is _100% your fault_. 4.9% of the time it is at least 50% your fault. Only 0.1% of the time is it entirely someone else's fault, and when that happens, everyone gets hacked at once. _Everyone_. Because the only time it is 100% someone else's fault is when there is a MitM attack waiting on the server side or the passwords are stored server-side in plaintext or using a reversible encryption instead of a real hash. Even if it is 50% GGG's fault because their hash table got stolen (which, if that is the case, they should really be warning us of this so people can change their passwords), the only way your password could have been reverse-engineered is if it was really easy/insecure.
All those non-sup hater comments are really so goddamn retard. Its like "fuck you im so low and i can flame a hacked person easily".
Neden yaşıyorsun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info