HACKED, See if GGG cares. Read Bellow (Long)

"
Zybeline2 wrote:
I know they can track items. Maybe they are not large enough to do that yet. It costs a lot of money, for no immediat return.
I think there is no benefit for them other than trying to find a rmt trail. Blizzard cared more about their players than their game so they would just dupe items. GGG cares more about their game than individual players. Duping items for people who claim they were hacked only hurts the game. They can't just take the items from somebody else because by the that time they've probably changed hands more than once and innocent people would be hurt by taking their items away, So duping is the only way to restore the hacked account.

Back to OP, If GGG restores your account, what steps have you taken to prevent it from happening again? You already say you were secure. If you think you were secure and still got hacked, you don't know how to keep your account secure. You didn't answer my question about whether you connect with steam or stand alone client. If stand alone, the hackers either used your IP address to log in or have access to your email account to get an unlock code. The good hackers delete the paper trail (unlock code emails etc) so people don,t even know their email got hacked.

Real life examples have been used here. Even if you get made whole again, it makes somebody else a victim. If somebody gets your credit card number and buys stuff, the credit card company might not hold you liable, but the store that sold goods to the hacker ends up being the victim. They sold goods and then had the credit card company take the payment away from them. Just saying it's not always so easy to not have a victim in a crime.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
It's very hard, even nearly impossible, to prove that an actual attack is the cause of the account hacking, since so much events, even from the player itself, can lead to the same result. I still think GGG should have a team dedicated to investigate those cases, I know they can track items. Maybe they are not large enough to do that yet. It costs a lot of money, for no immediat return.

PayPal and Blizzard both came up with Key Fobs, eventually an AP, never had a problem after that....AND it made me feel safe moving forward. I see no point in playing PoE at this point if I can just lose all my time with no "insurance" to protect me.
Those safety nets probably gave you a false sense of security which led to you being vulnerable without knowing it.
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Zybeline2 wrote:

Back to OP, If GGG restores your account, what steps have you taken to prevent it from happening again? You already say you were secure. If you think you were secure and still got hacked, you don't know how to keep your account secure. You didn't answer my question about whether you connect with steam or stand alone client. If stand alone, the hackers either used your IP address to log in or have access to your email account to get an unlock code. The good hackers delete the paper trail (unlock code emails etc) so people don,t even know their email got hacked.

I do not use Steam, And I run a US Army lvl virus protection ( They give it to use for free so it can protect the work comuters as well.) GGG Suggested I format my computer, while I have the skill set to do so, its ridiculous to have to do that every week just to stay protected.

The protection of gamers accounts is not new science, Other games have figured this out....
Does this Army level antivirus software prevent you from ever using the same account name and password that you've used on any website or service before (even ones long before you had this av software)?
Last edited by mark1030 on May 24, 2016, 12:49:00 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Does this Army level antivirus software prevent you from ever using the same account name and password that you've used on any website or service before (even ones long before you had this av software)?

Not an army geek so I'm kinda curious what kinda of software thy use :)

I only hope it's better than MRE.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 24, 2016, 12:59:27 PM
I am really sorry what happened to you. Wishing you good luck..
Sorry you have to deal with this bs brother. As a person who has had to deal with CC fraud, I totally understand the frustration and unease it causes.
"
raics wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Not an army geek so I'm kinda curious what kinda of software thy use :)

I only hope it's better than MRE.

Its MacAfee Biasness, I also use Malwarebyte. And keep one thing in mind. My Gaming computer is not even used for web browsing OTHER then PoE ect. I have a second machine for that.
Sorry to see this happened to you. It sucks.

I believe GGG is not willing to set a precedence of giving back stolen items.
While Person A might be telling the truth, as soon as Persons B-Z see that others are getting items back, B through Z will come up with fake stories, and GGG is not willing to deal with that. If they pick and choose who they give items to, it shows them giving priority to people, which will cause even more outrage. Someone pointed out that you should be given priority because you are a Supporter, if they give priority to Supporters, it will turn into "It's Pay2Win guys!!!!!"

While I feel for people in your situation, I have to agree with GGG's stance here.
I hope these recent posts serve as a PSA to those who might have less than secure accounts.

Good luck with your future Gaming experience, I hope you return with Prophecy.
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
"
Aethroz wrote:
Sorry to see this happened to you. It sucks.

I believe GGG is not willing to set a precedence of giving back stolen items.
While Person A might be telling the truth, as soon as Persons B-Z see that others are getting items back, B through Z will come up with fake stories, and GGG is not willing to deal with that. If they pick and choose who they give items to, it shows them giving priority to people, which will cause even more outrage. Someone pointed out that you should be given priority because you are a Supporter, if they give priority to Supporters, it will turn into "It's Pay2Win guys!!!!!"

While I feel for people in your situation, I have to agree with GGG's stance here.
I hope these recent posts serve as a PSA to those who might have less than secure accounts.

Good luck with your future Gaming experience, I hope you return with Prophecy.

Thank you for your Kind Words. I don't think I said at any time I wanted any special treatment or any of the items back. As a Cop when I go to a Burglary and know for a fact I wont find one single print; I print anyway....Know Why???? Its PR Dust, and it makes the victim know I care about the loss....I Leave and tell them I will do EVERYTHING in my power to find the TeraMorphin that violated their home. And I do....

I constantly look for innovative ways to stop Burgs....THAT is not how I felt when I received the email from GGG.
Last edited by shahmat1972 on May 24, 2016, 6:15:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info