HACKED, See if GGG cares. Read Bellow (Long)

"
pr13st wrote:
Account hacking is a blemish on the face of this otherwise great game.

Only answer to that is to play safe, reset your pwd often (for game and email account) and don't share it with nobody.

It is, and the fact that items have been taken from me I can never get back. ( Sure maybe if I dedicated my time to standard and re-purchased them emmm Nope..)

I played D3 for about a year. Find PoE to be a greater game. I have never once in 3 years had the Urge to go back to D3 until today, and ONLY because I feel it may be safer, and for the lack of "I don't give a crap" I felt from GGG.
It would be nice if they at least told you who it was. eg: is it someone who has access to your emails? Did they check your email from your normally used IPs, or a different one? Did they access PoE from your computer, or their own? etc....

---------------------------------------
PS: run a scan for keyloggers/etc, then change your email passwords.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Do you use steam or stand alone? I know steam saw a breach some time ago. But as far as I know, you meed to have access to somebody's email to log into their account on stand alone unless they asked GGG to disable the security lockout (which some have done because they didn't like using an unlock code every time they logged in from another location or their IP reset their address).
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I gave my credentials at the start to show im atleast not a newb gamer. My computer is built by me, with high end Anti Virus. I ONLY visit the sites of the games I play ( On this machine ) and never do RMT sites ect. Trust me, I know of many...and would never visit one. Sure, Im upset that I lost everything I have worked for in the last 3 years, I think I am even more upset and the response I got from GGG. Atleast lie to me?

Sad Sad day....
Last edited by shahmat1972 on May 23, 2016, 7:19:22 PM
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
We have what in PoE?

You didn't receive "unlock code" notification which is already weird and raises couple of questions.
Which i won't ask because you clearly don't want to answer those (as well as my previous ones; or maybe you thought they were rhetorical? No, they weren't).
You just want to play the role of "poor innocent victim" and blame GGG in all the world' sins, calling them "liars" and such. OK, got it.

P.S. and i won't stop calling these "HACKED" stories a BS.
There are no such hackers like they are portrayed in movies with green-font-terminals who will deliberately "hack" exactly this guy, John Smith' account in Path of Exile exist, sorry.
It is always a "victim's" fault. Whether it is a phishing site, keylogger, social engineering or anything like this.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
If someone gets hacked, its 99.9999999% of the time the fault of the victime. Either because he was careless and downloaded a keylogger or equivalent, or used the same logins infos for something else that got hacked. You will never be specificaly targeted by someone just for playing a game.

I'm sorry to say that if you follow basics rules to stay carefull you will never get hacked.

Just makes me laugh when someone who obviously managed to get its login infos stolen still has the guts to args soooo hard that he never put himself in a position where it could happen.

GGG's politic, like most companies, is to avoid as much possible the possibilies to abuse their services by submiting false hacking reports. I also agree that they should not have to be responsible for the carelessness of some players. The only downside to this politic is that a real hacking victime will have a very hard time to prove it's right, but on the other hands, it is also very unlikely that it will happen.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on May 24, 2016, 8:09:46 AM
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
We have what in PoE?

You didn't receive "unlock code" notification which is already weird and raises couple of questions.
Which i won't ask because you clearly don't want to answer those (as well as my previous ones; or maybe you thought they were rhetorical? No, they weren't).

You had statements more then questions ( The way I took it )

"
P.S. and i won't stop calling these "HACKED" stories a BS.
There are no such hackers like they are portrayed in movies with green-font-terminals who will deliberately "hack" exactly this guy, John Smith' account in Path of Exile exist, sorry.
It is always a "victim's" fault. Whether it is a phishing site, keylogger, social engineering or anything like this.

Even if this is the case why do nothing? When I was hacked through PayPal they did something about it...THUS Making me feel safer moving forward. What If your house was burglarized and when the cop came out he just handed you a business card with recorded case number and did not spend one second looking for evidence ( Latent prints ect )?
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
If someone gets hacked, its 99.9999999% of the time the fault of the victime. Either because he was careless and downloaded a keylogger or equivalent, or used the same logins infos for something else that got hacked. You will never be specificaly targeted by someone just for playing a game.

I'm sorry to say that if you follow basics rules to stay carefull you will never get hacked.

Just makes me laugh when someone who obviously managed to get its login infos stolen still has the guts to args soooo hard that he never put himself in a position where it could happen.

GGG's politic, like most companies, is to avoid as much possible the possibilies to abuse there services by submiting false hacking reports. I also agree that they should not have to be responsible for the carelessness of some players. The only downside to this politic is that a real hacking victime will have a very hard time to prove it's right, but on the other hands, it is also very unlikely that it will happen.

So....Burgs, Car Prowls, Thefts, Larcenies ect, all a large problem in the US ( and my guess is around the world ). Sometimes we leave our car open, or a Garage ect. In your way of thinking this is the fault of the victim??? Ok, even if I agreed with you ( and I don't ). We have insurance, and a chance we may catch the bad guy ( Cant tell you how many arrests I get from video ect ). In the end you can recover some of the monetary value of what was lost. In this case I was told....Suck it up buttercup.....
It's very hard, even nearly impossible, to prove that an actual attack is the cause of the account hacking, since so much events, even from the player itself, can lead to the same result. I still think GGG should have a team dedicated to investigate those cases, I know they can track items. Maybe they are not large enough to do that yet. It costs a lot of money, for no immediat return.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on May 24, 2016, 8:22:58 AM
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
It's very hard, even nearly impossible, to prove that an actual attack is the cause of the account hacking, since so much events, even from the player itself, can lead to the same result. I still think GGG should have a team dedicated to investigate those cases, I know they can track items. Maybe they are not large enough to do that yet. It costs a lot of money, for no immediat return.

PayPal and Blizzard both came up with Key Fobs, eventually an AP, never had a problem after that....AND it made me feel safe moving forward. I see no point in playing PoE at this point if I can just lose all my time with no "insurance" to protect me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info