About State of Exile expisode yesterday

Chris W. sounded pretty happy yesterday saying that people weren't leaving the league so fast like they did before , will this be the case in the next league ?

What do you think ?
R.I.P 4.B.
Last bumped on May 23, 2016, 10:48:38 AM
I think the prophecy looks quite solid. New items and really great upgrades for leveling items :D New content and less lag / load-times.

The content in itself looks fun. The description of the chain prophecies sounds fun to me.

Also by the description given by Chris Wilson in yesterdays podcast it seems to me like the prophecies and coins will land in a pretty good place between RNG and determinism (IE you cannot farm the same content over and over, and thus abusing the system but it will still be somewhat predictable).

So I will play it for sure. I also think I will play it more and enjoy this prophecy more than Perandus.
Perandus was a pure greed-fest, which is why a lot more people stuck around. At the end of other League's there's always the feel of "Well, not much point going further", or you've achieved everything you think you can.

Prophecy... I think will have higher retention than most leagues, but not as much as Perandus.

Hopefully enough to bring it over to the main game though, if nothing else Fated Uniques are a great way of buffing Uniques that don't need a full on re-do.
It will have the second best retention behind Perandus - nothing will approach those numbers ever again. For the majority of players who have never had a shavs or a Mjolnir before, Perandus was a league that 'added' like 40 extra new uniques to the game that a casual player could afford. The league mechanics didn't force you to do anything, so the result was

1) more player power
2) new player experiences
3) players are free to use that power in a novel way to pursue whatever goals they wanted to set for themselves.

The only way Prophecy could compare is if GGG decide to make Fated Uniques very good and worth building around for an endgame character. From what has been spoiled so far, that will not be the case. Strong + Cheap Uniques = player retention over 3 months. I'm glad they're not doing it again though, because that's unsustainable after 3 or 4 straight leagues of that. Once was enough :)

Hopefully players who pushed themselves farther than ever before for the first time in Perandus will have learned enough about the game mechanically that their newfound knowledge will make up for some of the gap in power that will exist from the lack of cheap T1 uniques.
Last edited by innervation on May 23, 2016, 10:32:42 AM
Fated Uniques, from what I gather, are going to be those Uniques that are allright, but get outshined very quickly by others. So, junk-tier that needs reworks won't be Fated, and end-game GG probably won't be either (Wouldn't surprise me if there's a new League Specific or two that can be Fated and wind up at end-game levels)
I can't speak of others, but to me Prophecy sounds even more fun than Perandus. It gives me things to do rather than just a slightly less slim chance of getting a top-tier unique, which I couldn't afford anyway. I play self-found and have a life so I've only managed to amass about 3000 Perandus coins, which isn't even half the cost of a Shav's or Voltaxic. My builds never depend on particular uniques anyway so being able to get them plays no part in keeping me playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info