Conversion nerf leaving no legacy items = Bye

Spoiler

What is the meta ? Rofl. The meta is things gonna get nerf.
If u want to know mine BV pathfiner build can do both reflect t15 with -max res.
Last edited by T_Speed on May 24, 2016, 2:12:13 AM
so much salt. good thing i can care less about perma leagues
Finally GGG takes a smart decision about legacy.

Legacy = game killer.

In fact, i'm waiting for the day where they will delete all legacy items or making them irrelevant.
"
Phaeded wrote:
What I don't like is the way Chris put it on the podcast it sounded like they purposely went out of their way to not have a legacy version. Something like "we figured out a way to have it affect all existing bows" or something.

This, exactly this. Game design and integration should not be on a "touche" basis. It really sounded like the whole goal was to screw over players banking on it becoming legacy (either by keeping existing gear or buying gear). That should never be the case. I frequently feel like the development team is very childish about game development. "We nerf'd vaal spark in every way imaginable" is another great example of this type of childishness. Even assuming you had to nerf it in "every way" the phrasing just makes it seem like a jibe at players using the skill/build. Meanwhile the literally 100's to 1000's of game issues that people have pitched (and occasionally pitched fixes for as well) get completely ignored because development time is spent finding "clever" ways to block legacy items for what is essentially a minor percentage of the player base. Next up: we removed all the blue Lego pieces to keep people from making water.
"
Whatever... I'm okay with no legacy items especially with all of the recent changes and most of my old builds breaking anyway. I only play leagues now so that helps ease the pain.

Once you stop giving a shit about Standard anything, it really helps.

I don't like, however, that the game is becoming a FOTM "play-this-build-this-league" mill. Much like Blizzard, GGG pushes a few skills out and makes everyone play them for a bit and then nerfs them later.

They did a whole big thing on Chaos damage a couple of leagues ago with ED/contagion...so then people really started getting into chaos. Plain chaos, converted chaos... chaos everywhere!

Then as soon as GGG wants us to move to the new meta they create, the blow up all of the old shit.

It's more annoying then anything. Sometimes it feels like blizzard style of shit where they open the server config file change 3500% damage > 3750% damage. Save. Reboot server. NEW LEAGUE HYPE!

For the amount of things this game does right, it sure does just as much wrong. Sometimes I wish there was just a base charge for the game so that GGG had enough to hire more people.

You need a team that creates new content, AND one that fixes old broken content. It should never be a choice of which to do; both should be happening congruently. That's where I think GGG's biggest problem really lies.

couldn´t agree more...! I am just afraid that path of exile can´t leave its current path because it has been sailing on it already for too long.

"
reliq wrote:
Finally GGG takes a smart decision about legacy.

Legacy = game killer.

In fact, i'm waiting for the day where they will delete all legacy items or making them irrelevant.

Smart decision not to make it legacy but still not a smart one to change an item that was perfectly fine for years and nobody worried about it. The reason it it got overpowered is rather the tree and gem changes made since 2.0. Also if there was no reflect, not so much reason for anyone to have ever played this.

Patch/remove all legacy items (non league specific uniques that have been nerfed, as Kaoms) would not be a smart move and will propably not happen (if, only step by step, and i doubt that) Would make too many people angry and leave - those that pushed a lot of money into this. It´s some of those "nolifers" making this game possible, thats what i think at least. Why not leave them with their toys, it doesn´t really harm anyone.
"
Rakelholz wrote:
Why not leave them with their toys, it doesn´t really harm anyone.

Exactly this... nothing else needs to be added.
IF YOUR NERFING THESE LEGACY ITEMS THEN ALL LEGACY ITEMS MUST BE NERFED TO CURRENT STANDARDS.mjolner, shavs, vintkar EVERYTHIMG....ps u will never get another cent from me ....
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Someone's build got nerfed and is mad? Welcome to the PoE club. Get in line.

Yeah, I feel you there. RIP lightning strike acro max block.

That said, blade vortex pathfinder is probably similar to that fast-paced playstyle. Just cleared twinned core with it (albeit with 3x RIP, 2 being bad play, one being comp seizing up--still salty cuz I think I could have done it deathless, especially since I didn't even use my vaal discipline).
"
T_Speed wrote:
Spoiler

If u want to know mine BV pathfiner build can do both reflect t15 with -max res.

Weirdest pathfinder build I've ever seen. Did you drop twinned core yet?
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
T_Speed wrote:
Spoiler

Weirdest pathfinder build I've ever seen. Did you drop twinned core yet?

Yes, i did . 2 deads cause by the delay times between piety transform and two malachai immunity.
i stay at 6k6 es, can peak at 7k. But i have > 16% dam leech and pdam immu thanks to romira + voll, which mean my ic always up when vs any boss or pdam reflect map. I try normal build w/o the harvest but always end up 1 sec late VoV when vs any boss like uber or core.
Which that amount of leech, i thinking of playing Life based Harvest with the Retch - for the love of chaos dam, 32% ur dam will be added as chaos dam. i theorycrafted my tree and calculated i can get about 6k3-6k4 hps with 2 purity + 6%max with gem 21, hatred and clarity. But i cant use lvl 1 cwdt any more, at least until i have the retch with +1 endurance charge.
Last edited by T_Speed on May 24, 2016, 10:59:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info