Conversion nerf leaving no legacy items = Bye

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Sure, but they can nerf some of the items less if they need to, 18% isn't a nice, tidy number.

Well sure, anything works when you turn it up to 11, even 18 :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 23, 2016, 2:15:24 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
This isn't any different than the global leech nerf. They aren't nerfing specific items, they are globally nerfing the conversion calculation.

However, they can, if needed.
They never have before and always said the reason was technical. Large database and having to go item by item to change it requires long downtime.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
This isn't any different than the global leech nerf. They aren't nerfing specific items, they are globally nerfing the conversion calculation.

However, they can, if needed.
They never have before and always said the reason was technical. Large database and having to go item by item to change it requires long downtime.

Ah, no, I meant in this particular case. They apply the conversion value from the item at 60%, well and good, but they can also raise the value on mantle to 34, which would result in 20% conversion. Sure, you'd have to divine old items to update them but it would be possible.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Yeah? Thanks to double dipping whatever build I make is still going to do 1m+ DPS regardless of outcome.

You're still going to see me 1 shot t15 bosses
You're still going to see me do broken builds
You're still going to see Mathil / top tier people go in another broken build and the cycle repeats itself.

Do you know why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T FIX of what is broken.

It's a privilege to have the best gear in the game every fucking league too which is what I do that helps so whatever the case this did NOTHING but piss the standard players off and despite I hate standard and make fun of them I do respect them in playing whatever choice they think is fun like you don't just randomly introduce legacy items in the game then remove them now look it the shitstorm hurricane.

Not a good time.

You completely misunderstood my point. I'm not arguying with you... on the contrary I agree.

I just hate doubledipping being mentioned as argument to justify retrospective nerf to items with chaos conversion - because of reasons you listed and because if nobody cares about standard (many players like to imply this whenever they can) then why the f*** we shouldn't have legacy item? I just don't get it. But thats pretty much exactly what you said.
Last edited by Diphal on May 23, 2016, 3:15:17 PM
Whatever... I'm okay with no legacy items especially with all of the recent changes and most of my old builds breaking anyway. I only play leagues now so that helps ease the pain.

Once you stop giving a shit about Standard anything, it really helps.

I don't like, however, that the game is becoming a FOTM "play-this-build-this-league" mill. Much like Blizzard, GGG pushes a few skills out and makes everyone play them for a bit and then nerfs them later.

They did a whole big thing on Chaos damage a couple of leagues ago with ED/contagion...so then people really started getting into chaos. Plain chaos, converted chaos... chaos everywhere!

Then as soon as GGG wants us to move to the new meta they create, the blow up all of the old shit.

It's more annoying then anything. Sometimes it feels like blizzard style of shit where they open the server config file change 3500% damage > 3750% damage. Save. Reboot server. NEW LEAGUE HYPE!

For the amount of things this game does right, it sure does just as much wrong. Sometimes I wish there was just a base charge for the game so that GGG had enough to hire more people.

You need a team that creates new content, AND one that fixes old broken content. It should never be a choice of which to do; both should be happening congruently. That's where I think GGG's biggest problem really lies.
"
I don't like, however, that the game is becoming a FOTM "play-this-build-this-league" mill. Much like Blizzard, GGG pushes a few skills out and makes everyone play them for a bit and then nerfs them later.

Even if they're inching toward Blizz in that regard they are still MILES away from how sad diversity is at end game in D3. They had their chance to fix it with LoN and they blew it hard.
"
innervation wrote:
"

Even if they're inching toward Blizz in that regard they are still MILES away from how sad diversity is at end game in D3. They had their chance to fix it with LoN and they blew it hard.

Not disagreeing with you there. Just saying it feels similar to it.

At the end of the day, however, with a few skills that scale WAY better than others is there really a "skill choice" at that point?

For example? Why would I ever play Icecrash or Ground Slam when I have the one-shot wonder that is EQ? It's basically the same exact play style that is disgused as 3 different builds.

There are tons of homogenized skills in this game and it's annoying.

The new skills that they create don't feel that new. Frost bolt? Ohhh you mean the cold version of Ball of Lightning? Much diversity, such variation.

Even that new that alternating hands version of Reave!?!? I mean that is basically fucking reave and have no idea how that skill passed the design specs of "feels completely different".

It's fucking shitty...the last time this game actually introduced a real new skill mechanic was the combo skills like ED and contagion. It seems as if they are trying to do that again with Frost Bolt and ice vortex (or whatever it's called).

As of late the skills in this game feel uninspired...which leads people to play the same old builds over and over again. The diversity might be there in advertising, but in game it doesn't feel very diverse.

100s of different skill gems that whittle down to 10 or so different play styles...in that regard it doesn't feel very different from D3.
Last edited by Prizy on May 23, 2016, 3:29:54 PM
"
Yeah, I finally bought my first 6L Voltaxic (in perandus) in several years of playing just a few days ago and a legacy Consuming dark in Standard last week; this is such bs. I spent almost all my currency on those two items and now I'm broke in both leagues with nothing but nerfed shit to show for it. They should, at the very least, give previous fair market value back to us when they break our gear.

This (going broke buying items only to have them nerfed to be worthless) has happened to me twice before and I quit the game for about a year because of it. I haven't decided if I'm going to leave this time or not but I do throw money at them when I'm here. I guess they stopped giving a shit whether people play their game or give them money.

Same, I basically get poorer every time this happens.
What I don't like is the way Chris put it on the podcast it sounded like they purposely went out of their way to not have a legacy version. Something like "we figured out a way to have it affect all existing bows" or something. I mean, to me it's one thing if removing the legacy version is an inevitable side effect of nerfing... er, changing... an item, but to go out of your way to piss people off just seems stupid. I'm pretty disappointed in GGG's reasoning on several of the things Chris said during the podcast. I get the impression they're getting out of touch with their fan base. Side effect of success I guess. Probably won't be many "legacy" players left either if this keeps up.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"

Not disagreeing with you there. Just saying it feels similar to it.

At the end of the day, however, with a few skills that scale WAY better than others is there really a "skill choice" at that point?

For example? Why would I ever play Icecrash or Ground Slam when I have the one-shot wonder that is EQ? It's basically the same exact play style that is disgused as 3 different builds.

There are tons of homogenized skills in this game and it's annoying.

The new skills that they create don't feel that new. Frost bolt? Ohhh you mean the cold version of Ball of Lightning? Much diversity, such variation.

Even that new that alternating hands version of Reave!?!? I mean that is basically fucking reave and have no idea how that skill passed the design specs of "feels completely different".

It's fucking shitty...the last time this game actually introduced a real new skill mechanic was the combo skills like ED and contagion. It seems as if they are trying to do that again with Frost Bolt and ice vortex (or whatever it's called).

As of late the skills in this game feel uninspired...which leads people to play the same old builds over and over again. The diversity might be there in advertising, but in game it doesn't feel very diverse.

100s of different skill gems that whittle down to 10 or so different play styles...in that regard it doesn't feel very different from D3.

I've not used EQ yet, although from everything I read I'm not too keen to defend it. I will defend Lacerate though - it looks like the goal is to be better than cleave/reave at single target and better than all the single targets at AoE without having to go melee splash. If you're using a 1h and only get access to 1 six link, having a skill that versatile could be really nice and I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

But the point is to compare it to Diablo 3 end game diversity which is the devs pre-made hold-your-hand set items. If you're not using those, you deal literally 90% less damage. No matter how bad cleave is just swapping it into your 6L with appropriate supports won't give you 90% less damage. (I think). Talking in challenge league play, god knows what the case is in standard with perfect gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info