Everything you need to know from yesterdays State of Exile Podcast featuring CHRIS WILSON

"
borek664 wrote:
How are they going to change numerical values of chaos conversion uniques without creating legacies? Didn't they say in the past it would involve changing every existing item manually?

They will change the absolute value itself instead of the numerical one on each item. Exactly how they did to change leach. However it's a pretty nasty way to change something as it require additional calculation server side. They REALLY wanted to nerf those items and not make any legacys.
"
Frankenberry wrote:

You gotta take into account the silent majority. I am the only one of my friends playing the game (8 persons) who ever visit the forums or read them and even I never used the forums for the first 1k played hours in this game or so.

My guess is most players never actually read these forums or at the very least never participate in any discussions here.

Also you got to take into account that if you are dissatisfied with something you are more likely to actively give feedback. I mean if things are allright and you are just having a good time there is no reason to go and give feedback, right? (not that I necessarily agree that there is no reason to give feedback or participate - just that many players don't bother if they are satisfied with the way things are).

Yeah mate, I agree with you...
Most players dont post or read forums much... So, only the opinions of the most vocal players are heard.

Well there is also the fact that the forums are a bit toxic, at least for my taste.
You agree with something, they call you white knight..
You disagree, well the answers given to you then are: "noob", "l2p" or "gtfo"... at least from what I've seen:) :(

Anyways, I'm going off topic here so, sorry for that^^.
Take care all:)
"Too Wierd To Live... Too Rare To Die...."
Personal Motto

Finally made it to lvl 100... Only took me 3 years...:) :(
Well, a huge problem people have with the lab is that it's significantly harder for CI/LL builds, which it seems like they're addressing at least somewhat in this patch. That'll make a huge improvement I think, as well as only having to do the Trials once per League.

I think overall the opinion of the Lab is split pretty evenly.
In Chris , We nerf ... Hype !!!
"
Super helpful. Thank you!

I would like to recommend you as a valued poster but I do not know how to.

You're welcome one and all. And that's very nice of you to say but that won't happen.

"
borek664 wrote:
How are they going to change numerical values of chaos conversion uniques without creating legacies? Didn't they say in the past it would involve changing every existing item manually?

He cryptically said, IIRC "we've figured out a way to do it without creating legacy versions". He didn't give details.

"
Yeah mate, I agree with you...
Most players dont post or read forums much... So, only the opinions of the most vocal players are heard.

Well there is also the fact that the forums are a bit toxic, at least for my taste.
You agree with something, they call you white knight..
You disagree, well the answers given to you then are: "noob", "l2p" or "gtfo"... at least from what I've seen:) :(

Anyways, I'm going off topic here so, sorry for that^^.
Take care all:)

Even if we were in the majority, they spent months making the lab so it's not like they'd scrap it or remove it from the game. The best we could hope for is that they decouple the Ascendancy points from the process. Chris did say he's gotten e-mails asking for just that, and that he'll consider it for the distant future (but it's still a maybe).
Thank you to the OP for writing this up and saving me an hour of listening to a pod cast when all I wanted was the summary. You, Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman!
Lazy game design expplained = state of exile the last episode
R.I.P 4.B.
No legacy Voltaxic but still a ton of other legacy items.

Either you have them or you dont, this is hypocritical BS.
Upgrading items in this way from temp leagues is like a concentrate of legacy so its going to be do the temp leagues AND get these items or GTFO.

While i like the idea of upgrading useless items to be more useful if this doesn't become part of standard then it will worse that legacy, much worse.

Now regarding the chaos nerfs the fact that they haven't fixed the double dipping mechanics basically tells us that they are not interested in the damage these builds/items do but are interested in shackling the player with the reflect mechanic as a clear speed break. Personally I hate reflect with a passion and think it should be removed from the game entirely or at the very least have a reduction passive like mana reserves.

Also after hearing about how the new lab will be accessed any chance you can throw us self found players a bone here or must every thing be trivial if you trade instead of playing the game.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on May 23, 2016, 1:01:21 PM
That Statement with the tv, im like wtf?
So Games and Tv are both Entertainment medium´s ,if i have to consume both to be engaged, what does it tell me? Probably the game and the movie are both boring ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info