I would like to see league content made to fit the core game

What I mean is I think there is a flaw in GGG's dev process with league mods, lately none of the mods are being added to the core game afterwards. Talisman and Perandus were not added, and a few past ones as well. It seems to be a huge waste of resources to develop content that will not be used long term. If it does not fit the core game it shouldn't be added period, and wether or not a type of content has some place inside the core game is something the devs should be asking themselves during the design process. You can't predict exactly what effect a feature will have, but you should be able to have some idea of its impact (ie: Perandus makes uniques easy to get, Talisman makes regular amulets obsolete).

I understand not wanting to over complicate the game for new users, but these features don't need to be available from Aact 1 onwards. Incorporate them into maps, or introduce them in merciless. Of course fine tune them and do away with clunky mechanics.
Last bumped on May 22, 2016, 11:17:31 PM
Talisman could definitely be added to the core game; I guess it wasn't though because it tested badly? They don't have to implement stuff if it won't make the game better.

Perandus clearly wasn't meant to be added to the core game though. It was an experiment to see what happened if it was easier for people to get the uniques they wanted. Now they have lots of data and can make decisions about that sort of thing further down the line.

Prophecy looks like the sort of thing that could definitely (and should definitely) be added to the core game. Dynamic, customisable quests with not-terrible rewards that are challenging enough to be fun, while still being accessible to most players? Sounds pretty ideal.
But I hope they make that decision *after* people test it out in the leagues, since it might not end up being that great.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Talisman could definitely be added to the core game; I guess it wasn't though because it tested badly? They don't have to implement stuff if it won't make the game better.

Perandus clearly wasn't meant to be added to the core game though. It was an experiment to see what happened if it was easier for people to get the uniques they wanted. Now they have lots of data and can make decisions about that sort of thing further down the line.

Prophecy looks like the sort of thing that could definitely (and should definitely) be added to the core game. Dynamic, customisable quests with not-terrible rewards that are challenging enough to be fun, while still being accessible to most players? Sounds pretty ideal.
But I hope they make that decision *after* people test it out in the leagues, since it might not end up being that great.

I think you are speaking way too soon about prophecy. Wait until we play it first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info