Congrats on destroying Voltaxic Rift

People thought vaal spark would be garbage after they heavily nerfed it but it still wrecks shit.

Volt will still dominate. People exaggerate on nerfs/buffs imo. Like when a skill gets a 20% nerf people act like their build is destroyed.

If spark volta is the main issue they could make it so volta is "lightning damage from attacks is converted to chaos damage" or something.
"
Jaille wrote:
People thought vaal spark would be garbage after they heavily nerfed it but it still wrecks shit.

Volt will still dominate. People exaggerate on nerfs/buffs imo. Like when a skill gets a 20% nerf people act like their build is destroyed.

If spark volta is the main issue they could make it so volta is "lightning damage from attacks is converted to chaos damage" or something.

Its not just about Voltaxic... there are people using not that op builds with chaos conversion (I myself am still using chaos Incinerate) yet I will get hit by this dumb nerf.

They are like oh, too many ppl using Voltaxic spark/LA and double Consumings. Lets nerf everything. Who cares that some people are not using meta skills? Who cares that some people are not using double Consumings but just one which provides only 50% conversion. Fuck them all.... as usual.
Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 2:32:21 AM
"
eragon1111 wrote:

Its shit.. Its not even comperable to the clear speed of old Voltaxic. This harb is around 14 ex on standard, its still very very bad and the fact you have to watch out just to not one shot yourself is stupid.

Your argument is invalid.

Voltaxic, which is cheaper, is better than a more expensive bow, and therefore his argument is invalid.

Wait what? XD
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
voltaxic is going to be fine, the only crappy thing is you can't do reflect map mods anymore, but still won't be killing yourself of rare mobs
"
Perq wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:

Its shit.. Its not even comperable to the clear speed of old Voltaxic. This harb is around 14 ex on standard, its still very very bad and the fact you have to watch out just to not one shot yourself is stupid.

Your argument is invalid.

Voltaxic, which is cheaper, is better than a more expensive bow, and therefore his argument is invalid.

Wait what? XD

*eats you
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Ceri wrote:
60% conversion as of next patch - no legacy version.

Great job. You really killed it. One of my favourite uniques in the game since August 2013, and now suddenly you think it's overpowered and destroy the defining property of the item just because poor balance elsewhere. Just great.

If I was Icestormer I'd be quite upset right now. Even though I'm not him/her, I'm quite upset.

looks like to me someone tried to flip and failed.

At 60% it's still really powerful but sshhhh, I want the price to drop for next league.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
voltaxic is going to be fine, the only crappy thing is you can't do reflect map mods anymore, but still won't be killing yourself of rare mobs

I can do ele reflect on my windripper.. At 70k DPS and only 3.2 k life. So you sure as hell can do it on the new voltaxic.

Acro + arrow dancing = problem solved
"
nephilim1984 wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:

I can do ele reflect on my windripper.. At 70k DPS and only 3.2 k life. So you sure as hell can do it on the new voltaxic.

Acro + arrow dancing = problem solved

He probably meant build without Vaal Pact. Without Vaal Pact you probably won't die to single mob with reflect... but you can easily die when shooting into whole pack of monsters with reflect. Damage is instant and can easily stack over your whole life pool. Not instant leech won't save you then.

Vaal Pact eliminates this issue since you are mostly on full life before another monster is hit. Not every build is using Vaal Pact tho. And here we are again, saying that this is HUGE nerf to builds not related to current meta while meta builds will still be kinda ok and will still be able to run these items.
Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 1:27:45 PM
"
reliq wrote:

Nice try, but I don't trade so nope. ;)

No, I meant what I wrote. They are ruining the unique property of this bow, and for no reason whatsoever. This nerf won't fix anything, like many have already said. All it does is making it harder to use, or as I would put it: more annoying to use.

Meanwhile, the problems caused by people using it today will still be here, thanks to the power creep of support gems, ascendancies and the oh-so-tired double dipping. So, we're ruining a lovely unique item that's been in game for almost three years, and we're fixing absolutely nothing. Good idea? No, it's not.

And then, at the same time they're giving us more ascendancy points, and continue to increase power creep elsewhere. It's like logic escaped us entirely.

No, I'm now certain that they're not doing this because it's overpowered or anything, it's merely a forced meta shift. Chaos conversion is now a thing of the past, new builds must arise in 2.3+. And we're gonna like it, even if we don't.
"
Ceri wrote:
"
reliq wrote:

Nice try, but I don't trade so nope. ;)

No, I meant what I wrote. They are ruining the unique property of this bow, and for no reason whatsoever. This nerf won't fix anything, like many have already said. All it does is making it harder to use, or as I would put it: more annoying to use.

Meanwhile, the problems caused by people using it today will still be here, thanks to the power creep of support gems, ascendancies and the oh-so-tired double dipping. So, we're ruining a lovely unique item that's been in game for almost three years, and we're fixing absolutely nothing. Good idea? No, it's not.

And then, at the same time they're giving us more ascendancy points, and continue to increase power creep elsewhere. It's like logic escaped us entirely.

No, I'm now certain that they're not doing this because it's overpowered or anything, it's merely a forced meta shift. Chaos conversion is now a thing of the past, new builds must arise in 2.3+. And we're gonna like it, even if we don't.

I have to agree on that, but under one condition - if we are entirely sure that they aren't nerfing Ascendancy passives in general. If they don't nerf them, you point is as valid as it gets. :v

On the other hand, 60% reflect immunity is still very high. Given that you will be doing mostly lightning damage, the amount of reflected damage you take will be minimal. Unless you clear whole screens at once - then you will probably die. And those whole-screen-cleaners are the problem, right?

I'm just trying to value the change at its entirety, and it doesn't seem to be as bad as some people claim.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info