Remove 6 link divination cards

"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Shouldnt it be achievable for anyone? No, getting to maps in a day or 2 isnt achievable by anyone, anyone capable of that is capable of getting a 6 link within a week or so.

This is such bullshit and you know it.
It takes me ~7 hours to reach merciless dried lake and around ~10 before I start mapping if i go all tryhard without afking.
Gathering 1500 fuses? Yeah good fucking luck with that in a temp league unless you trade like a madman. I will rather play the game than economy simulator 2016.

Because leveling fast is based on skill and getting a 6L is based on luck or your trade skills, or dumb luck, not skill.

Give harder content and nerf the damage output of skills but cutting down 6L availability on rare items is beyond dumb imo. Gating a game selling point behind a RNG wall on the excuse that it should be hard and luxury when it has no corelation to game difficulty (you said it yourself the game content can be done with a 5L) is not really a good proposition.

If you want a harder game then make harder content, do not gate core mechanics behind RNG walls.

Oh so you expect 1500 fuses drop to you? Thats not going to happen,(and shouldnt) otherwise fuses going rate would be almost as low as alterations and everywhere there be 6links, and 5link would be like ketchup in a diner. Trading is part of this game, and even if you dont like it i've said this there are other options(once again learn to love tabula). You dont like RNG, you dont like trading, why the heck are you playing this game then? Both are at the core of it.
Last edited by Fistaniderya on May 26, 2016, 2:07:49 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Its true that I am a somewhat wealthy player, not rly by standards terms honestly but I have more than most we can maybe say. Im in a fairly gg guild and we have our fun, for sure.

but I am also someone whos gone as far as writing guides on how run solo, self found, hardcore melee builds into maps. Ive played many characters solo self found in hardcore. I know what it is to start with nothing and have no outside help in brutal conditions like beyond.

I understand what its like for new players. I remember being a new player, and not having all the things, and being glad I didnt have all the things because only a bullshit child pandering game with no future would give a noob like me all the things.

and then I learnt how to play, we all lived happily ever after and jack had a wonderful feeling of satisfaction having managed something that actually took some real effort unlike the shallow little medal for everyone handouts of blizzard style games.

You know its true, in your heart, beneath that voice that so wants the things where you get all the stuffs to come true, theres another little voice that knows spoiling the children does not make for productive, happy, well adjusted adults. We all have that little Veruca Salt on our shoulder, I want it now now now NOW NOW!!!! But we have to keep an eye on a sustainable future for the game, we have to make sure 3 years and 10k hours play time from now that noob you just gave a 6 link too still has a reason to play the game, still has tons of gear to chase.

If you rob players of progression time, you rob them of the game, you take away the time the game has to offer them, the gradients it presents the player to climb and feel high on top of. What I see more than anything is experienced players telling me new players need 6 links and thats why its great theyre trivial to get now. I kind of feel like you guys want the 6 links, not these solo self found noobs that get wheeled out like some sort of pity parade.

And fucking this. Well said mate. Been tellin him about natural item progression being destroyed, never listens.
Im going to agree, i actually made a post on the official forums a while ago about it.

6L divination cards are quite literally removing any reason to use fusings on rare items and that problem is only getting worse with new 6L cards being available.

In addition to that, its incredibly likely that people start making 6L divination cards for unique items as well, its not out of the realm of possibility and its a major issue.

IF the cards were significantly rare and less future proof id have no problem with them existing, but they arent.

ilvl 100 6L top tier base ? lol okay that totally doesnt ruin the integrity of the game (it does).

It takes like years before new bases to be added, guess what you can do ? Save up the cards and turn them in and get the new bases at ilvl 100.

Dapper Prodigy is soo retardedly future proof its not even funny, and it only takes like 15-30 residence runs to get a set.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
davidnn5 wrote:

Next question is if you can get to maps within a day or two, why shouldn't a 6-link be achievable in a week?

it is achievable in a week, without the cards.

No, it's achievable within a week without cards for 3-5% of the playerbase. We went over this in trade 101 (i.e. my earlier posts about how the game screws over most players in favour of the few if there's no deterministic systems). If none of that makes sense to the reader, please google 'zero sum game'. That's what trading is. Or just look at the front of the plane next time you're flying and wonder why business class get such awesome shit. Same thing.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Shouldnt it be achievable for anyone? No, getting to maps in a day or 2 isnt achievable by anyone, anyone capable of that is capable of getting a 6 link within a week or so. No everyone should not be given the best gear for simply turning up and playing, this is a stupid idea and I will not even humor debating something so ridiculously basic.

I get it, you want everything to be easier because the game has trained you to want want want want want want, yeah, we all want, but some of us are perceptive enough to see that getting everything we want right now is not a long term plan for a healthy game.

Actually, firstly, getting to maps in a day or two is a lot more achievable by the masses now. Check out the ladders next league - gonna be hundreds if not thousands of people in maps by day two. Anyone capable of that *may* be capable of trading to get a 6-link within a week, but then again, they may actually be *good* at the game of killing npcs, but not trading. See how things have changed?

As to your bizarre inference that I want want want: I have more than enough 6 links. I actually 6-linked a *unique* item by hand in Perandus and didn't use it (not a good base for that character). It was 2471 fusings between the last 6-link by hand and that one. So hey, your 'I always get 6-links under 1500 fuses' response is also crap AND despite what you and others imply, there are people out there like me who actually don't farm for the cards at all and have never used any of them to influence the economy either way!

*shock*

So either my predilection for playing the game a certain way is going to end up with it stone cold dead (that's been nigh across many patches though according to the doomsayers, as you'd know) or the game just changed as it has many times before and your predilections are relatively less favoured at the moment.

(full disclosure: I've turned in one set of Dapper Prodigy in about the last 4-5 thousand maps - I kept it and am using it. I don't farm for 6-links. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it ;)
Last edited by davidnn5 on May 26, 2016, 6:37:58 AM
"
davidnn5 wrote:

No, it's achievable within a week without cards for 3-5% of the playerbase. We went over this in trade 101 (i.e. my earlier posts about how the game screws over most players in favour of the few if there's no deterministic systems). If none of that makes sense to the reader, please google 'zero sum game'. That's what trading is. Or just look at the front of the plane next time you're flying and wonder why business class get such awesome shit. Same thing.

So what ?

Trading is a big part of the game, and will always be, period,
If you like the game, but dislike trading that much, then sucks to be you, there isn't much more to say.

The point about the card is not just that anyone can get a 6L by farming them, it is that the global value of 6L consequently dropped on the market, this is the main problem problem imo ( anyone getting astral 6L within maybe 10 hours is also not amazing tho).

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
In the meantime another BiS unique chest has been introduced.

But hey, rare 6L items are too strong right? Such a joke.
Literally less and less reasons to run a rare chest and thus the point of a 6L rare chest being endgame becomes null and void.
Anyway responses below:

@snorkle_uk

Thanks for keeping a level head about this, since some people don't see to have in this discussion, nor can they comprehend where my opinion is coming from.

@Fistaniderya

There are itemization progressions beyond links:
* Vaal Corruptions
* Lab enchantments
* Divinining to perfection

Stuff like these is better to push endgame itemization in my opinion.
Again RNG in some aspects is fine, basing the whole game on RNG isn't something I really like.
I also play PoE because even with some things I do not like it's the best ARPG out there.

@Fruz

That is exactly the reason why Divination Cards have been introduced, to provide deterministic way for people who don't want to trade get the items they want.
They failed on balancing the card drop rates (low level unique cards should drop like candy imo), and some endgame cards.

Imo if you feel like they are destroying the economy, wouldn't a better solution be that some cards are untradeable? So that you don't ruin the game for the people who do not like trading and that they can work towards gathering their gear through progression of playing.

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Vias_Myton wrote:
Lets look at this problem from the bottom side.

80c is a trivial amount? 3 ex is a trivial amount? I made 7 ex in the entire Perandus league.

1500 fusings can be farmed in one week? Lets calculate how long I need for 1500 fusings at my current farmspeed: 3 days of Elreon daily yield 60 jews (plus some alterations at the normal vendor) which can be traded to Vorici for 20 fusings. I need to use Vorici 75 times, thus I end up at 215 days for a guaranteed 6 link. Count in the days I wont play the game, I will get a six link in about 7 to 8 months.

Are 7 to 8 months of playing a game too less to deserve a gameplay aspect?

well it depends, are we talking 7 or 8 months farming with your 6 link belly of the beast character in perandus or your 6L carcass jack character in standard?

I said "my current farmspeed". After I finished 36 challengenes, i reduced my play time to around an hour per day average, which I think is a really healthy amount of time spend in a game, if you are an averagely dedicated player.

I myself am more dedicated, when the challenge leagues are new. Yes, I even got a shavs from Cadiro and in about 4 to 5 months it will be a six link, which will place me at the more wealthier half of the community. But I wanted those people to stop use arguments that are build up like: "Because I can do that, everyone else should be able to do it too."

Remember: You are above average the moment you actively use the forums for discussion. I doubt any majority does that.
Last edited by Vias_Myton on May 26, 2016, 10:42:19 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:

That is exactly the reason why Divination Cards have been introduced, to provide deterministic way for people who don't want to trade get the items they want.
They failed on balancing the card drop rates (low level unique cards should drop like candy imo), and some endgame cards.

Imo if you feel like they are destroying the economy, wouldn't a better solution be that some cards are untradeable? So that you don't ruin the game for the people who do not like trading and that they can work towards gathering their gear through progression of playing.

Don't get me wrong, I like divination cards, I just feel like when we reach the point of a 6L can be purchased for one exa ( and you could just alt + regal it after to get your ES, or Life and armor or w/e ), that means than there is a problem with the droprates.
I would not go as far as asking for a complete removal, just reduced the drop rates of some sets.

I do not see them becoming untradable ever, that would go against GGG's way of doing things ( and have it tradable rewards players for a spike of luck and getting one card, that they can trade. I'm retty sure that GGG want that to be possible. ).

Some
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 26, 2016, 10:52:43 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

If you rob players of progression time, you rob them of the game, you take away the time the game has to offer them, the gradients it presents the player to climb and feel high on top of. What I see more than anything is experienced players telling me new players need 6 links and thats why its great theyre trivial to get now. I kind of feel like you guys want the 6 links, not these solo self found noobs that get wheeled out like some sort of pity parade.

Well, it seems to me we won't find common ground on this one, it's cool though :).

I play solo self found and like the overall progression, so I really do get the need for some sticks in your carrot diet. I just don't think it's a great idea to make white 6Ls only available to the tradiest of traders, I'm biased like everyone else of course. Let the glorious pity parade begin! Look at all the happy noobs in their fresh white six links marching to a cheerful tune!
If I were trying to get a 6L epic ES chest, the 6L part would be the least of my worries. EG the hard part of getting a 6L 900 ES regalia with a ton of resists ISN'T the 6L.

That we see people begrudging a 6L with crummy stats to a bunch of players really speaks volumes. Shut up, elitists. Not everyone is like you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info