Remove 6 link divination cards

"
These cards are a GREAT way to get a cheap 6L chest for new players who don't have 15 Exalts or more to buy a unique 6L chest.

this is exactly why they are horrible and should be nerfed to shit. A GREAT way for new players who shouldnt have great gear, have done nothing to deserve great gear to jump right to the end of the fusing progression for fuck all. Awful, absolutely awful.

1500 fusing for the guarantee, we had to fight for that and the number is respectable. These cards just prolif 6 links, cheapens and trivializes that aspect of gearing, I hate it. If they want 6 linking to be easier then drop the bench to 1k and make fusing by hand easier, dont just leave massive rng and price there then just undercut your own game systems. I dont think they should make it easier, I think the bench cost and the by hand average is about right and thats how the majority of 6 links should be made. The cards should be insanely rare.

I dont even agree with tabula, I think that is a terrible item, it should have a lvl60 requirement and be super rare. Hey anyone got 12c? I need to trivialise the entire questing game and run around killing atziri with a 6 link on at lvl75. why even bother designing the game and balancing it when everyone just has multiple tabulas in their stash. Whne you need to divine something you just go buy 10 of them in trade and vendor them all, theyre everywhere, 6 links for everyone yay!!!

abomination, burn them all.

"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Fistaniderya wrote:
Basically you wear it to get more damage/crit nodes on tree, but i'd prefer something with 2000 armor and life to belly if im on the left side.

2000 armor AND life?
First of all getting that means having 3 high rolled prefixes, and second of all belly gives more life / has all resists / improves life flasks and with IR gives a decent amount of armor.
Unless you go for juggernaut that chest is strictly inferior to belly.

Kaom is strictly better than any other chest piece on a 2h build because nothing beats 500 flat life because it protects against physical and elemental damage by expanding your buffer and improving leech/regen also.

Now if we compare a rare armor chest 6L versus a 5L belly, you have a choice.
Both being 6L there is almost no choice, belly is far superior.

I would take a top rolled rare glorious over a belly any day, i wouldnt even wear a belly on a build. Kaoms might get a 1:30 ratio against rare glorious for me. Thats my take on them.
People who doesn't play 20h a day can afford good, 6L items now. I don't like it, because it became harder for me.

Sorry OP, but this is the only way I can see it. Getting gear is still awfully time consuming, and people like me (still playing too much, but having a job, and not feeling like spending 20h a day, farming maps) couldn't get any of those items, only because of the time constraints. You can now just trade for them, if you don't want to spend years farming. I sure don't. :V

Call me filthy casual if you want, but imo game still needs some skill (aside from cookie-cutter, whole-screen-explodes kind of builds... well, they still need some skill to not get killed by Detonate Dead totems, HEH).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
These cards are a GREAT way to get a cheap 6L chest for new players who don't have 15 Exalts or more to buy a unique 6L chest.

this is exactly why they are horrible and should be nerfed to shit. A GREAT way for new players who shouldnt have great gear, have done nothing to deserve great gear to jump right to the end of the fusing progression for fuck all. Awful, absolutely awful.

1500 fusing for the guarantee, we had to fight for that and the number is respectable. These cards just prolif 6 links, cheapens and trivializes that aspect of gearing, I hate it. If they want 6 linking to be easier then drop the bench to 1k and make fusing by hand easier, dont just leave massive rng and price there then just undercut your own game systems. I dont think they should make it easier, I think the bench cost and the by hand average is about right and thats how the majority of 6 links should be made. The cards should be insanely rare.

I dont even agree with tabula, I think that is a terrible item, it should have a lvl60 requirement and be super rare. Hey anyone got 12c? I need to trivialise the entire questing game and run around killing atziri with a 6 link on at lvl75. why even bother designing the game and balancing it when everyone just has multiple tabulas in their stash. Whne you need to divine something you just go buy 10 of them in trade and vendor them all, theyre everywhere, 6 links for everyone yay!!!

abomination, burn them all.

haha agree and 75? you can kill atziri at 65 with traps/totem and most archers with tabula. really just need to be more rare...dont delete it because that how I test DPS configurations without spending billions of chroms on a real chest testing

Tabula should be T1 and all 6L div cards nixed or more rare especially justicar and humility.

Then again I've already shown all you need is a 3L till 15 maps
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1650182

problem is power creep in general
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 23, 2016, 12:39:18 PM
I never understand why everyone uses atziri as a benchmark for "making the game too easy". Atziri is a boss in a lvl70 map. That's basically a T3. Atziri is barely the endgame, she has practically no "damage" apart from her spear throw to make your survivability mean anything (I assume that even a 6 year old child can dodge the flameblasts and storm calls). Try doing death and taxes in a tabula, see how far that gets you.
The amount of arrogance from OP.....holy crap,in all my years here this is the first time i'd actually would feel inclined to wish the op something that would get me banned on forums.

6links are mandatory because the game is built around minmaxing,end of story. Gating the availability behind arrogant wankers who think that their RNG that made them wealthy should grant them highest paid deals for rather common items,or gating it simply behind horrible RNG is bad.

So please,do remove your self from the game,nothing of value will be lost.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:

6links are mandatory because the game is built around minmaxing,end of story.

If you cannot go through the game without a 6L, there is something wrong somewhere else, period.
So mandatory for what ? For player's ego ?
/lol
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 23, 2016, 1:30:53 PM
I do not understand if people who are against these cards understand that it still takes time to obtain a 6L and if you push it too far it becomes irrelevant in temporary leagues and for a majority of players.
To obtain a 6L with 1500 fuses in a temp league by the end of 4th week (1/3 of the league) you need to generate 53 fuses per day, every day in the week.

Now an average player will probably make half of that amount per day, meaning realistically you can obtain your 6L by the end of 8th week (56 days playing every day and getting 26.5 fuses per day).

So if you decimate the chances for 6L it might as well not exist at all for major population of players who play temp leagues because people will get burnt out after 8 weeks of constant play.

So yeah... excuse me for not wanting to back to the time when I saw a 6L every 3rd league when I lucked out while trying to make a 5L on a 6S item.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on May 23, 2016, 2:07:28 PM
The problem with those calc is 6L is not mandatory. Should be a total luxury and rare as hell. Everyone doesnt need the gold star 8 weeks in.

And no you realistically get a 6L after spending 80 chaos on justicars or 20 chaos on tabula 1 week in

way too easy
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 23, 2016, 3:03:41 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
The problem with those calc is 6L is not mandatory. Should be a total luxury and rare as hell. Everyone doesnt need the gold star 8 weeks in.

And no you realistically get a 6L after spending 80 chaos on justicars or 20 chaos on tabula 1 week in

way too easy

exactly.

If you cant start mapping on a 4 link theres something wrong with how youve gone about your build, and you should be made to learn what that is and get it right next time to progress smoothly, not be given gear that makes up for the fact you did the tree completely wrong and you are playing it wrong.

These cards are one of the worst things theyve added to the game. Want a 6 link? got 1500 fusing? Only joking, if you got 150 u can go buy a justicar and spam a few chaos on it, done. But lets leave 1500 price tag in the game despite us completely fucking it over with div cards.

To make it worse they put these things on the cards for your challenges etc, so everyone and their mother is just making 6 links all day for the sake of it. We have ilvl100 6L armours in our guild stash where people have handed in cards and then just thrown the 6L base in guild stash, its not even worth chaos spamming them for decent rolls because who gives a fuck, no one wants it, so trivial and meaningless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info