Remove 6 link divination cards

I've recently noticed certain trend in 6 link rare items. Their price is plummeting to the point where an item that would've cost 100-150 ex before the cards is going for 20 ex. So many of those really GG 6link chests are going so very cheap, while i think most might say yea, thats great finally we can get those GG gear, i believe it just destroys trade. I'm regularly seeing 900+ES items with dual-triple res going for 25ish ex in trade regularly i even saw multiple times GG crafters selling previously allt1 like life-armor-3res chests for 160-170 ex. I mean if we are able to get best gear that cheap whats the point of currency then? And they will get cheaper still to the point you'll never ever use a gear that drops because there are 1000 better versions of it in poe.trade for the random chaos that drops during gameplay. We all know what that did to diablo 3. Certain things should be rare so currency would actually mean something. Even now fuses i feel are only used on uniques now. I never spend them on rares now ever, i just buy a cheap 5l or 6l and chaos spam to victory. Much better results since 6linking itself would costs 11 ex on average which can fluctuate alot with luck, and generally 200-300 chaos gives you an item by itself is worth few ex.

Anyways this is my point of view, its ok to reward players but do it too much and game loses its allure. If you get something easily, you'll not care of having it.
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 4:35:10 PM
No in fact I should just buy more div cards to piss people off like you like holy fucking shit. In fact I'm ma ask right now.

Make like fucking 5 6L anything because I CAN.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 22, 2016, 3:29:03 PM
Let me just make a few points:

1. If you don't trade getting the cards for a 6L base you want is still hard
2. Divination cards were made to limit the RNG by giving a alternate way to farm towards your desired item
3. Divination cards cannot be removed because each one was made by a supporter and not GGG
4. If you remove/nerf these cards then you go against the very point for which they were introduced

Go ahead and farm 6 celestial justicar cards if you think it's too easy, tell me in the end how many hours you needed to do it...
Yes it hurts trade because it's an alternate way of obtaining items as such the supply rises, nerf it and all you get is making trade more important for people who hate trading.

And last but not least:

1. In most builds a chest slot is reserved for a unique
2. Making a rare 6L easier to obtain makes them able to contest the unique alternatives
3. Which in turn raises build diversity, knowing you can opt for a 6L rare or a 5L unique
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
These cards are a GREAT way to get a cheap 6L chest for new players who don't have 15 Exalts or more to buy a unique 6L chest. I'm really happey they're there and I wish there were more.

Your post almost looks like trolling, but I know it's not.

The players who have 60 Exalts or more in permanent leagues are by no means the majority, and they should not be the gadge by which to evaluate how rare or hard or expensive items should be in the game.

With a few tips on how to make currency fast in Path of Exile, a new player can easily get a full set of The Ethereal or Celestial Justicar by buying them on poe.trade. It's much cheaper than buying a unique chest, and much better than running with a Tabula Rasa or 5L chest until you get tons of currency.

There's no sound argument which could justify that there should be less availability for 6L gear, other than "it should just be so". What's currency good for ? Well, buying items and crafting, that doesn't change !
Agree with OP. Yes. Please remove every single one of them.

They are a huge part of the power creep. Why is it that everyone feels entitled to a 6L? Why is it that suddenly we feel 6-L is mandatory in a build? A sad and wierd shift in the community.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Agree with OP. Yes. Please remove every single one of them.

They are a huge part of the power creep. Why is it that everyone feels entitled to a 6L? Why is it that suddenly we feel 6-L is mandatory in a build? A sad and wierd shift in the community.

It makes rare chest a competitive choice versus the BiS unique chests because of the tradeoff:
A cheaper 6L versus loss of unique function

Or do you think everyone running in a Lightning Coil / Belly of the Beast is also good for the game?

Also nerfing it only makes life harder for people who do not want to trade or the self found players, it does absolutely nothing for good traders except maybe delay the acquiring of the said 6L by a day or two while they get the currency difference through trading.
How long it will take GGG to realize that free 6 links are bad for the game ?
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:

They are free?
How about you hand me some of those free 6 links then? Doesn't have to be 100 of them, 20 will be enough.

Let me know when you want to trade.
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:

They are free?
How about you hand me some of those free 6 links then? Doesn't have to be 100 of them, 20 will be enough.

Let me know when you want to trade.

They are practically free. 3ex or so per 6L last I checked. Depending on item base and divination card. It is laughable.
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Ever since most (Spell)builds got seven or more Supports to pick from. Almost every build guide assumes you have a six-link. Simply characters becoming stronger, people being better at playing (and trading), has made six-links easier to acquire and thus feel more "mandatory". This gradual shift has been happening since closed beta, Divination Cards are just a step to making that feeling a reality for more people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info