And so it begins . . .

Because banning books is always a good idea eh?

http://portlandtribune.com/sl/307848-185832-portland-school-board-bans-climate-change-denying-materials

I wonder how long until "they" start asking Google to ban/suppress links to information they disagree with.

Science by consensus! We will tolerate no dissent! Is your mind for the purge!

No one expects the Academic Inquisition.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 12:23:41 PM
Well, the climate change deniers threw the first stone anyway (see Canada for a government wide effort at that under conservatives). That ban is peanuts by comparison.

Want to protests the ban of that? Sure, go ahead, you are on principle right that authority is not the way to do science, yet they will have the same pity that we'd have for flat earthers or creationists.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Is there any reason books denying climate change should be taught in public schools except to point out how wrong the authors were? If I were a math teacher I wouldnt want books that teach incorrect match to be allowed in a public school.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
It's not the consensus among scientists that climate change is real that invalidates such a banned book but the scientific evidence supporting climate change.

But I do understand your point of view, sometimes science gives us answers we don't like. For example I'll always call Pluto a planet even though I agree with the science behind the classification of it not being one.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on May 22, 2016, 4:55:10 PM
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
It's not the consensus among scientists that climate change is real that invalidates such a banned book but the scientific evidence supporting climate change.

But I do understand your point of view, sometimes science gives us answers we don't like. For example I'll always call Pluto a planet even though I agree with science behind the classification of it not being one.

I'm pretty sure Pluto is a planet again
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Einkil wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

But I do understand your point of view, sometimes science gives us answers we don't like. For example I'll always call Pluto a planet even though I agree with science behind the classification of it not being one.

If that were true the solar system would consist of like 1,300 planets.
That political correctness imposed by social justice warriors will destroy our society.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

If that were true the solar system would consist of like 1,300 planets.

It's because of it's orbit or something like that. I'm at work so I can't really research it right now.
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Einkil wrote:

It's because of it's orbit or something like that. I'm at work so I can't really research it right now.

I haven't actually looked at that for a few years (?) so I could be wrong. Now I gotta glewgle it. ><
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:

I haven't actually looked at that for a few years (?) so I could be wrong. Now I gotta glewgle it. ><

Let me know if I'm the dumbass and I'm wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info