Patch Notes

We...Do get to see them sometime, right? Sometime BEFORE June 3rd? I'd like to be theory crafting my Prophecy League Character right now, and...I can't, because IDK what's changing. All I can find out for sure is that the Ascendancies are being changed around, so I can't theory craft around those 2 new points. Supposedly other areas on the passive tree are getting changed, and some skills are being rebalanced, but IDK which skills or how, so...I can't theory craft.
I play games like these just FOR the Theory Crafting and to find the fun item/skill/passive mechanics that can interact well together. I'd really hate it if we didn't get the patch notes until the day of or the day before.

I'm not saying I need them right now, but it'd be nice to have them by say Friday, so we have a week's warning, and some time to plot.

- Sheepster
Last bumped on May 22, 2016, 1:28:30 PM
For major updates they've been releasing patch notes ahead of time. But we're talking about a day or two at most. You won't have weeks to theorycraft.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Nssheepster wrote:
We...Do get to see them sometime, right? Sometime BEFORE June 3rd? I'd like to be theory crafting my Prophecy League Character right now, and...I can't, because IDK what's changing. All I can find out for sure is that the Ascendancies are being changed around, so I can't theory craft around those 2 new points. Supposedly other areas on the passive tree are getting changed, and some skills are being rebalanced, but IDK which skills or how, so...I can't theory craft.
I play games like these just FOR the Theory Crafting and to find the fun item/skill/passive mechanics that can interact well together. I'd really hate it if we didn't get the patch notes until the day of or the day before.

I'm not saying I need them right now, but it'd be nice to have them by say Friday, so we have a week's warning, and some time to plot.

As always,one day to two days before.Takes a lot of writing and also last minute changes,so...no,not a week before
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

As always,one day to two days before.Takes a lot of writing and also last minute changes,so...no,not a week before

You mean to tell me GGG is insane enough to announce a new patch before finishing the patch notes? Who does that? That'd be nuts.

- Sheepster
It's not like they're suddenly gonna be like "Hey guys, have we done any work on that patch we announced? Really? None at all? Wow, it's due out tomorrow and everything".

They'd only announce the release date when it's almost done, with some final tweaks and adjustments, probably a handful of things that are on a "Will be put in if they're done, but no big deal if they're not" list.

Patch Notes will be released just near release, when they're sure they won't be making any last minute changes to things.
"
Zephryl wrote:
It's not like they're suddenly gonna be like "Hey guys, have we done any work on that patch we announced? Really? None at all? Wow, it's due out tomorrow and everything".

They'd only announce the release date when it's almost done, with some final tweaks and adjustments, probably a handful of things that are on a "Will be put in if they're done, but no big deal if they're not" list.

Patch Notes will be released just near release, when they're sure they won't be making any last minute changes to things.

I am baffled as to why they'd announce before it was done. Seems like they'd announce when it WAS, and then just relax a bit, as surely they'd all have been working hard to get it done. IDK. But two days only to theory craft stinks quite a bit. Drat.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:

I am baffled as to why they'd announce before it was done. Seems like they'd announce when it WAS, and then just relax a bit, as surely they'd all have been working hard to get it done. IDK. But two days only to theory craft stinks quite a bit. Drat.

Its actually like this with many things real world. For example at my job.. when me and my crew are working on a $400K+ Paving Machine its already planned out the company who bought it and it going to be using the machine while the parts for it are still being fabricated and going to be painted. Hell sometimes the machine is still being worked out on paper when its being sold to the customer and promised a delivery date. Its how companies work they plan EVERYTHING ahead so theres no time for downtime. Downtime means nothing is being done so theres no point in paying people for doing nothing. Thats why company's plan everything out ahead of time so it flows in an ever flowing stream never ending flowing right into the next project. So its not really a surprise GGG plan everything on a schedule with timelines as well as deadlines.

Can it be stressful if things dont exactly go to plan.. Hell yeah but you just have to work harder to make it all work out in the end. Just like the day the patch drops most likly some of the GGG staff including Chris himself will pull an all nighter just to make sure things go well or they are there to fix any issues that pop up as fast as possible.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 22, 2016, 12:50:15 PM
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:

I am baffled as to why they'd announce before it was done.

You must hate games then, like showing you trailers for games that are not done, some of which may even remove game elements they had previously shown...how about movie trailers for films that are months away from release?

The patch is "done" enough that they can tell you when it's getting released and what it's main features are, smaller stuff like the skill tree reworkings is something they'll be tweaking until a few days before the patch
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 22, 2016, 1:30:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info