How much dmg does the "average" person really do?

Hi there,

it seems to me, after reading around is this forum, on reddit, other forums, Twitch, etc., that the "average" lvl 90+ "joe" does a few million (2M-6M) dps. Is my view just completely twisted, or what? I mean, I am just sitting here with my shabby 420k (blaze it) 5-link cyclone dps, wondering what the heck I am doing so wrong.
Last bumped on May 22, 2016, 10:16:25 AM
Most likely you're coming across people lying, with very very not-average builds, or who've gone full on "Tooltip-hero" and haven't got anywhere close to what other people would consider acceptable defenses.

If you're on max resists, and have a good amount of Life/ES/etc then so long as you've not invested a boatload of currency into the character, 420k is pretty decent.
There are a few builds in the game that actually do so much DPS as you mention.

For reference doesn't Core Malachai have like 3M life? That would mean bursting him down in 2 seconds.

Not sure if this was a brag thread in disguise but generally 100k DPS is enough to clear all content just fine except uber I guess?
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Zephryl wrote:
Most likely you're coming across people lying, with very very not-average builds, or who've gone full on "Tooltip-hero" and haven't got anywhere close to what other people would consider acceptable defenses.

If you're on max resists, and have a good amount of Life/ES/etc then so long as you've not invested a boatload of currency into the character, 420k is pretty decent.

That's good to know. I didn't really invest a whole lot and survivability is way better than my old TS ranger. Thanks. :D

"
Mannoth wrote:
There are a few builds in the game that actually do so much DPS as you mention.

For reference doesn't Core Malachai have like 3M life? That would mean bursting him down in 2 seconds.

Not sure if this was a brag thread in disguise but generally 100k DPS is enough to clear all content just fine except uber I guess?

No, I was truly wondering about that. People have been telling me that I suck at this game and that I should kill myself because I didn't do at very, very least 1M dps. I was pretty confused about this.
Last edited by unre4l on May 22, 2016, 10:12:57 AM
you either kill fast enough or not. tooltip dps is irrelevant and often does not tell much about actual clear speed

Ive seen people gimping their actual clear speed just to get high tooltip dps (what would you prefer for pack clear speed? 50k dps with increased AoE support or 80k dps with conc effect support?). People who come with millions dps usually count everything in the super optimal scenarios and I have no idea what they actually count and against what enemy..

I dont get it either. for example my VMS build shows 16-24k damage per use (with ~ 8 uses per second) an it literally insta-gibbs any map or beyond boss Ive encountered. If my dps was 10 times higher, it would make only a negligible difference to my clear speed. Ive also had a character with 8k dps, that on killing a single mob insta-cleared whole screen incl. the boss.. etc

would like to know what is the real dps of this million tooltip dps heroes against tough bosses single target.. because packs of white/blue mobs have so little life that having 50k or 1M dps does not make any difference

edit:

"
No, I was truly wondering about that. People have been telling me that I suck at this game and that I should kill myself because I didn't do at very, very least 1M dps. I was pretty confused about this.

I wonder if this people are making their own builds or just wait until someone discovers something broken and then follow it like a bunch of sheep.. And then laugh at people for having not-that-strong builds..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on May 22, 2016, 10:21:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info