If GGG was like Valve via ''Community challenges''

These are fun, I like com challenges +1. Good idea apathy
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
-open 666999 kiwi secret map
my english sux.
Kill 100,000 Beyond Bosses.
Buff: All maps are affected by Beyond.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Complate 40 challenges noone cares about except for 2% nolifers , oh wait we already had this for 3 leagues .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Kill 100,000 Beyond Bosses.
Buff: All maps are affected by Beyond.

"
xClickeRx wrote:
Not sure it is "only an mmo thing" because Diablo 2 used this similar mechanic of a community driven event with the Uber Diablo and the selling of SOJS to vendors. I think community driven events would add some flavor to the temp leagues.

are you suggesting we have an event to crash the servers while duping items?
"
innervation wrote:
When I wrote up my last two challenge league ideas I strongly considered this, although I used WoW - open the gates of Ahn'Qiraj as my inspiration. There is something incomparably exciting and satisfying about working as a small part of a huge whole to achieve something.

I'd structure it as donating dropped items to NPCs

Turn in x chaos recipes
Turn in y chance orb recipes

and then collectively, if the community meets certain thresholds set at bronze/silver/gold we get a corresponding power or loot find buff.

Anyway I like the idea of sacrificing something you could have used as opposed to just killing something a million times.

Spoiler
why am I not surprised that killing Voll topped your list -_-

I actually like this idea. Back when I played Hellgate: London (london not global, global did away with the system in favor of P2W cash shop "convenience" items) they had a donate to the cause NPC where you could donate currency to help the cause. It was something like every million palladium would grant a global buff to all players on the server for the next hour or something like that. I distinctly remember EXP gain boost, no sprint cooldown, and luck (item rarity droprate) buffs being among some of the buffs. It was great when the guild would get together for boss runs and dump like 6 million palladium for the luck boost.
Last edited by Megatyrant on May 23, 2016, 10:29:33 AM
"
Megatyrant wrote:

I actually like this idea. Back when I played Hellgate: London

OMG HELLGATE LONDON. I forgot all about that game...man what a game that could have been. I only ever played it single player. I still remember that game as having some of the funniest game dialogue I've ever seen. Was it widely considered funny or was it just me?
"
innervation wrote:
"
Megatyrant wrote:

I actually like this idea. Back when I played Hellgate: London

OMG HELLGATE LONDON. I forgot all about that game...man what a game that could have been. I only ever played it single player. I still remember that game as having some of the funniest game dialogue I've ever seen. Was it widely considered funny or was it just me?

I thought it was hilarious. Global did away with all the comedy in favor of a more serious tone they butchered my favorite NPC's(Rorke Pherral) dialogue but left in Arlo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info