If GGG was like Valve via ''Community challenges''

So check this shit out Valve in dota made these so called community challenges right and one of them is cutting like 270 billion trees globally through every player every game. So everyone was like alright well just make scripts for this since they made a tree cut mini game and people left it over night.

Eventually they nerfed that script but you get the point of what they're doing.

Now in GGG format!

- Kill Voll 6 million times
- Finish 2.5 million maps
- Sell 3 million rare items.
- Achieve 600 billion damage.
- Kill 1 billion monsters.

You get the point you're turn :P come up with the most unrealistic stuff.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 21, 2016, 10:01:12 AM
Last bumped on May 23, 2016, 10:28:48 AM
When I wrote up my last two challenge league ideas I strongly considered this, although I used WoW - open the gates of Ahn'Qiraj as my inspiration. There is something incomparably exciting and satisfying about working as a small part of a huge whole to achieve something.

I'd structure it as donating dropped items to NPCs

Turn in x chaos recipes
Turn in y chance orb recipes

and then collectively, if the community meets certain thresholds set at bronze/silver/gold we get a corresponding power or loot find buff.

Anyway I like the idea of sacrificing something you could have used as opposed to just killing something a million times.

Spoiler
why am I not surprised that killing Voll topped your list -_-
Thats an MMO thing, doesn't fit here.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
Apply each enchantment variation at least once.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Be cool to see tbh.

They already do Temp League statistics occasionally, would be sweet to show stuff like that.

LOL'ed hard at kill Voll X million times. I'm sad to have contributed probably over 1,000 to this :x
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 21, 2016, 10:27:06 AM
Consume/Destroy 10,000,000 Corpses
Shatter 10,000,000 Mobs
Die to Buffed Izaro 10,000 Times
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:32:14 PM
use 100,000 chaos orbs
use 1,000 exalted orbs
use 25 mirrors
use 10,000 divine orbs
use 1,000,000 alchemy orbs
use 50,000 regret orbs
kill 500,000 corrupted bosses
kill 5,000,000 goatman
kill 250,000,000 sea witches(they aways spawn in big packs :D)
kill piety 99,999,999,999 times easy we will finish this one just by a few players finishing act 4
3 million players delete all the wealth on their accounts. :P
Not sure it is "only an mmo thing" because Diablo 2 used this similar mechanic of a community driven event with the Uber Diablo and the selling of SOJS to vendors. I think community driven events would add some flavor to the temp leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info