Star Wars... I literally can't stop laughing. Warning: May cause uncontrollable giggles...

"
solwitch wrote:

Well that's absolutely understandable... Trust me you're not alone. I second your sentiment and I agree, mediocrity is becoming a disease. I appreciate your candid nature and your opinion.

I feel the woman (C'mon) laughter would make anyone laugh. I wasn't expecting it... Remember I was researching Star Wars merchandise and I saw thIs video; thought I share. After reading thoroughly your responses I just want to say a few things...

1. You're not alone, there's always someone there believe it or not...

2. Feel free to bitch me out, let off steam... I may not know you, but honestly I really do care for your well being and feel free to vent!!!

Anyways cheers... Back to finding a way to watch this amazing series called, "the 100."

Her laughter is infectious, however I was already triggered by 'is confiscate a word' and I wasn't in the mood.

Why should I bitch you out or let off steam, I'm perfectly fine :) That's a friendly discussion and I find the topic interesting. If I didn't like something in your response, I would've just ignored it. I blame the lack of non-verbal communication in forums, people sometimes misjudge others' reactions.

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

If you want to look objectively at the idea that society is getting dumber over time consider that the designers of IQ tests have to consistently increase the difficulty of the tests to prevent the average scores from rising over time. That doesn't really mesh with your view of society.

Oh, the average person in well-developed countries is getting dumber by the decade, trust me on that one. Nothing in nature is wasted and when an organism doesn't need to perform certain functions, its ability to do so degenerates over time. Technological advancement gradually reduced our need to exert physical effort and we started getting out of shape. Cars, heavy lifting equipment and countless machines are doing our physical labour for us. With the computer era, we started making machines which also do the thinking and the results will be quick to follow. Computers calculate for us, remove the need to remember information because we can quickly check anything, the GPS shows us where to go - no need to decipher a map - and so on. Mark my words, the smarter our computers become, the dumber we will get.

That's just one aspect of our decline into stupidity. The other is the combination of a globalized capitalistic world with a pronounced concentration of capital and modern technology. Entertainment is becoming more of a business and less of an art year after year. What's the problem? First off, the more people like your product, the more financially successful it's going to be. Well, the mass is pretty stupid and uneducated as a whole, so the most financially successful products are basically made for idiots. Just look at the bestselling songs, books and movies and come back and tell me I'm not right. This creates a snowball effect because studios, publishing houses and producers are quickly realizing they can easily make a product for complete idiots and reliably earn a ton of money... or take a risk, make something more intellectually demanding and potentially fail. The math simply doesn't work out. This affects people's tastes because we already have a grown-up generation brainwashed by incredibly stupid 'art', people who couldn't even recognize or appreciate something more challenging. They want their dumb movies, they pay for them and everyone is happy. That's quite the vicious circle.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

Well that's absolutely understandable... Trust me you're not alone. I second your sentiment and I agree, mediocrity is becoming a disease. I appreciate your candid nature and your opinion.

I feel the woman (C'mon) laughter would make anyone laugh. I wasn't expecting it... Remember I was researching Star Wars merchandise and I saw thIs video; thought I share. After reading thoroughly your responses I just want to say a few things...

1. You're not alone, there's always someone there believe it or not...

2. Feel free to bitch me out, let off steam... I may not know you, but honestly I really do care for your well being and feel free to vent!!!

Anyways cheers... Back to finding a way to watch this amazing series called, "the 100."

Her laughter is infectious, however I was already triggered by 'is confiscate a word' and I wasn't in the mood.

Why should I bitch you out or let off steam, I'm perfectly fine :) That's a friendly discussion and I find the topic interesting. If I didn't like something in your response, I would've just ignored it. I blame the lack of non-verbal communication in forums, people sometimes misjudge others' reactions.

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

If you want to look objectively at the idea that society is getting dumber over time consider that the designers of IQ tests have to consistently increase the difficulty of the tests to prevent the average scores from rising over time. That doesn't really mesh with your view of society.

Oh, the average person in well-developed countries is getting dumber by the decade, trust me on that one. Nothing in nature is wasted and when an organism doesn't need to perform certain functions, its ability to do so degenerates over time. Technological advancement gradually reduced our need to exert physical effort and we started getting out of shape. Cars, heavy lifting equipment and countless machines are doing our physical labour for us. With the computer era, we started making machines which also do the thinking and the results will be quick to follow. Computers calculate for us, remove the need to remember information because we can quickly check anything, the GPS shows us where to go - no need to decipher a map - and so on. Mark my words, the smarter our computers become, the dumber we will get.

That's just one aspect of our decline into stupidity. The other is the combination of a globalized capitalistic world with a pronounced concentration of capital and modern technology. Entertainment is becoming more of a business and less of an art year after year. What's the problem? First off, the more people like your product, the more financially successful it's going to be. Well, the mass is pretty stupid and uneducated as a whole, so the most financially successful products are basically made for idiots. Just look at the bestselling songs, books and movies and come back and tell me I'm not right. This creates a snowball effect because studios, publishing houses and producers are quickly realizing they can easily make a product for complete idiots and reliably earn a ton of money... or take a risk, make something more intellectually demanding and potentially fail. The math simply doesn't work out. This affects people's tastes because we already have a grown-up generation brainwashed by incredibly stupid 'art', people who couldn't even recognize or appreciate something more challenging. They want their dumb movies, they pay for them and everyone is happy. That's quite the vicious circle.

After reading all this I have come to the conclusion...

Spoiler
You bought the mask lol :P
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:

After reading all this I have come to the conclusion...

Spoiler
You bought the mask lol :P

No way. Perhaps a smaller, face-only mask. This one wouldn't work with the tinfoil.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info