Star Wars... I literally can't stop laughing. Warning: May cause uncontrollable giggles...

Now I know what to wear to school...
all i see is someone abusing social media to get rich fast and you're helping them.

it's all like pictures of a dystopic world, bars is right.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
No surprise it's got 50 million views. Mention anything Star Wars and people will flock to your channel in DROVES. Even if it's just a video of you laughing like a maniac for 5 minutes straight. The toy was cool and all, but dammit lady STOP LAUGHING FOR JUST 5 FREAKING SECONDS SO I CAN ACTUALLY HEAR THE DAMN THING!! :|

I swear, some people have too much time on their hands.

"
Bars wrote:

Not funny to me, kinda sad actually.

Hear hear!
Last edited by MimSiE on Jun 10, 2016, 3:13:10 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:12:09 PM
"
vio wrote:
all i see is someone abusing social media to get rich fast and you're helping them.

it's all like pictures of a dystopic world, bars is right.

I happened to turn on the TV when one of the late night shows was on, and she was on the show. She seemed like a genuine person, and from the few minutes I saw, didn't look like someone who set out to take advantage of social media.

IIRC, the gist was that she made the video to show that the mask was HERS and not for her kids, because she was a big Star Wars fan. I think the reason it became so big (aside from a tie in with Star Wars) is that she seems like an everyday average person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT3MVRv0TT4
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You all need to relax a little, how can you see a negative in this?!

Easily. Here's how:

"
DalaiLama wrote:
I think the reason it became so big (aside from a tie in with Star Wars) is that she seems like an everyday average person.

DalaiLama is right. The reason for this video's success is that a lot of people can relate to it. And this lady, although doubtlessly nice and genuine in all respects, is shockingly dumb. It means the everyday average person is shockingly dumb too.

Which shouldn't be news to anyone but seeing it on video somehow makes it worse.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You all need to relax a little, how can you see a negative in this?!

Easily. Here's how:

"
DalaiLama wrote:
I think the reason it became so big (aside from a tie in with Star Wars) is that she seems like an everyday average person.

DalaiLama is right. The reason for this video's success is that a lot of people can relate to it. And this lady, although doubtlessly nice and genuine in all respects, is shockingly dumb. It means the everyday average person is shockingly dumb too.

Which shouldn't be news to anyone but seeing it on video somehow makes it worse.

I wouldn't be so high on that horse to start calling someone dumb or an average population dumb. If you want we can talk on the what's up APP have it recorded and we can find out if the use of your words and articulation far surpasses hers.

Some people aren't articulate in their words, that doesn't mean they're dumb. My use of words and my articulation is good in part because I took public speaking. I can assure you, anyone on this forum in the years that have challenged me I put them in their place because I don't tolerate others bashing others on ignorance.

Hell I'll even ask if maybe this could be added as a conversation on the Pathofexile podcast. My grammar is horrendous and I'm fairly educated I just choose not to edit myself. In part because I'm always on my phone while on these forums during work. Anyways besides the point.., I found her laughter to be contagious and as a psych major it brings a lot to the table; many people suffer from depression.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I'm sure my English is far from perfect and I know for certain I have a heavy Eastern European accent. I could play the stereotypical movie Russian mobster. Apart from that, I'm genuinely sorry for shitting on your thread. It's the second time I've done this: someone posts a light and jovial offtopic thread, I see something negative and shit all over it. I always know it's a bad idea but some things just trigger me hard and I can't help myself.

I'm not bashing on the poor woman, I repeatedly said she looks like a great person. I judge people mostly on their morals and general views about life and would much rather communicate with someone nice and dumb as a brick than with a clever asshole.

The thing that triggers me is a problem on a much global scale. I am seeing, year after year, how reality is rapidly degenerating into the dystopian vision of books like Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451 and movies like Idiocracy and this scares me. And I'm not bashing on Americans in particular, the same process is happening in my country as well.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 12, 2016, 3:02:53 AM
"
Bars wrote:
I'm sure my English is far from perfect and I know for certain I have a heavy Eastern European accent. I could play the stereotypical movie Russian mobster. Apart from that, I'm genuinely sorry for shitting on your thread. It's the second time I've done this: someone posts a light and jovial offtopic thread, I see something negative and shit all over it. I always know it's a bad idea but some things just trigger me hard and I can't help myself.

I'm not bashing on the poor woman, I repeatedly said she looks like a great person. I judge people mostly on their morals and general views about life and would much rather communicate with someone nice and dumb as a brick than with a clever asshole.

The thing that triggers me is a problem on a much global scale. I am seeing, year after year, how reality is rapidly degenerating into the dystopian vision of books like Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451 and movies like Idiocracy and this scares me. And I'm not bashing on Americans in particular, the same process is happening in my country as well.

Well that's absolutely understandable... Trust me you're not alone. I second your sentiment and I agree, mediocrity is becoming a disease. I appreciate your candid nature and your opinion.

I feel the woman (C'mon) laughter would make anyone laugh. I wasn't expecting it... Remember I was researching Star Wars merchandise and I saw thIs video; thought I share. After reading thoroughly your responses I just want to say a few things...

1. You're not alone, there's always someone there believe it or not...

2. Feel free to bitch me out, let off steam... I may not know you, but honestly I really do care for your well being and feel free to vent!!!

Anyways cheers... Back to finding a way to watch this amazing series called, "the 100."
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:14:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info